It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post your favourite game!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
What is your favourite game/s?

For me, it is the Metal Gear solid Series, specifically however, MGS3: Snake Eater (Or Subsistence):

Lucky for us MGS fans, we recently got a remake on the PS3 and Xbox 360

In my opinion, MGS3 is one of the best games ever made! The story, the characters, and everything behind it.

Post your favourite.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The entire Battle field series...

link   
For me it's Burnout Paradise!

I love car games!

link   
Battlefield and s.k.a.t.e for the win !

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Dark Souls! Zelda!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
vampire the masquerade: bloodlines! love it, and still play it...which is ironic because i was just looking for the disk yesterday and couldn't find it

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Baldurs gate
Age of empires 1/2
Uncharted 1/2/3
Red dead redemption
GTA Vice City/San Andreas

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentator
Baldurs gate
Age of empires 1/2
Uncharted 1/2/3
Red dead redemption

I agree with you on VC, SA and Red Dead. GTA IV was absolute crap though.

link   
reply to post by TheCommentator

awe man! Baldurs gate, i think i still got that one laying around somewhere, i did find my Icewind Dale set while looking for Bloodlines lol

link   
minecraft kinda dumb but fun when ur bored

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hmm I'm right there with you on the MGS series, Sons of liberty is my favorite of them but they are all EXTREMELY good when it comes to political criticism and projection of how the world will turn out. IMHO the "patriots" represent the zionist control of the US. However, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the patriots is extremely good storywise, it's a prophecy of the future of humanity where contractors, mercenaries if you will, have taken over the job of the regular military and wars are OPENLY fought over profit. It's an extremely good criticism of fighting wars over the control of resources.

There are a crapload of other games I would like to talk about, and I will if the thread progresses that way, but my absolute favorite.. It has to be.. Medieval: Total War. This game ABSOLUTELY blew me away when I first started playing it, real time strategy blended with turn based nation building is something that no other franchise does better. The feeling of building an empire, then leading 50,000 men to war against your enemy and actually fighting that battle, nothing can beat that. Of course the Total War franchise has evolved since then, and Medieval is heavily outdated with multiple new Total War games out, but Medieval still stands out for me as the best. As they say, you never forget your first.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Shred because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Revolution Baby!!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Shred

I 100% agree with you ont the MGS story, and it's projection of the future. The only Total War game i have played is Napolean. I guess i have to pick up Medieval: Total War sometome

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

super mario anyone?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Zelda series, resident evil 1,2 and 3, Fallout 3&4, The elder scrolls

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentator
Baldurs gate
Age of empires 1/2
Uncharted 1/2/3
Red dead redemption

Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. Holy mother of christ was I addicted to this game. EXTREMELY GOOD! One of the best games I have ever played and the good thing about it is that it doesn't age. Anyone with ANY interest in RPGs should play it IMMEDIATELY. Also have to agree with you on Uncharted and Red dead redemption. Especially Red dead redemption is extremely good, anyone who has a chance should play it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

my favorites have always been sims, and grand theft auto. But my all time favorite is SPORE. its an awesome game check it out

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

I somewhat enjoyed that game. The best part is the skydiving though

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by Shred

I 100% agree with you ont the MGS story, and it's projection of the future. The only Total War game i have played is Napolean. I guess i have to pick up Medieval: Total War sometome

It's very hard to appreciate the original Medieval these days, it's VERY outdated. I could suggest you a Total War game and a specific mod for it, but I have no idea what kind of a real time/turn based strategy player you are. For example, Rome: Total War is one of the most successful Total War games out there, but I'm a history buff and the vanilla(original) didn't satisfy me that much, however it has a huge range of mods ranging from historical accuracy to huge battles(up to 50,000 men simultaneously on map, if you comp can handle it). But if you liked Napoleon, I'd suggest Empire: Total War. Instead of Napoleon it offers you the N/S American (limited in geography) theatres, Europe, Mid east and India. With mods (twcenter.net) it's absolutely fantastic.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Shred because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join