It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should flags fly at half-staff for Whitney Houston?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

We really aren't all that far apart on this.

Should it be done, should it have been done? Not really, no. But if it is? Meh...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It just shows you the pedestal entertainers are on. It undermines the same honor given to those that have literally sacrificed their lives, not to mention she did not set a good example.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

edit on 2/16/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

I saw a few pieces of footage of more recent Houston's performances, and I was shocked by what destruction she caused to her voice. She couldn't really sing well. So flags or no flags, I tend to think her iconic status is somewhat questionable.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1

edit on 2/16/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

Of course, if I really wanted to antagonise the grunts here, I actually *could*, given the rationale behind contemporary armed conflicts, logically claim that Mike's death wasn't any more meaningful than Whitney's.

The American military's steadfast refusal to accept its' current level of degradation, is one of American society's single greatest problems. You are corporate mercenaries, and absolutely nothing else. You are not heroes. You are not fighting for freedom. You are fighting for the profit margins of oligarchs.

I have said that before, I will say it again now, and I am going to keep saying it until you listen.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join