Should flags fly at half-staff for Whitney Houston?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by clowdstalker

The answer is the obvious one.....

I think entertainers are entertainers and get paid well for what they do, but they are not National Heroes.
While a death can be sad as is the case with WH...
why should we Honor someone that passes as a result of drug abuse??....not even a consideration.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

No thanks. No point in discussion.

Adios.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
No! She derserves respect but she was
an entertainer not a hero.

Strange to even consider!

Exactly, give her the respect she deserves as a human being and as an entertainer. A flag at half mast should be reserved for heroes. Soldiers etc...

So, no, I don't think it should be flow at half staff.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
And why not? Perhaps even a 21 gun salute and burial in Arlington. Purple Heart and Silver Cross posthumously. Why not? She really was an excellent artist.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
No and to what end will they try to glorify the famous and the infamous?
Drug addicts and drunks get a half mast for what I ask?.......corrupting our young and building up the coffers of the TV Networks?

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I don't remember there ever being a debate about whether or not to fly the flag at half mast when Dale Earnhardt died. He was just an entertainer as well.

Didn't bother me then with Dale, doesn't bother me with Whitney. People can fly the flag at half mast if they so choose. I only change my flag when I want to.

I think this thread really serves as a good sign that many of us have absolutely no empathy for other people. My, my... we have a lot of growing up to do.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I agree, hell no. she was a drug addict. she was a great singer but she was no soldier.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I don't remember there ever being a debate about whether or not to fly the flag at half mast when Dale Earnhardt died. He was just an entertainer as well.

Didn't bother me then with Dale, doesn't bother me with Whitney. People can fly the flag at half mast if they so choose. I only change my flag when I want to.

I think this thread really serves as a good sign that many of us have absolutely no empathy for other people. My, my... we have a lot of growing up to do.

I cannot relate to that as I am in Canada here, we share the same type of media but different ideals for sure.
Here the half mast is for fallen soldiers/firefighters/police/mayors/ and senior government officials.
No drug addicts that I can remember but I am open to correction here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
How about we fly the flag upside down symbolizing big pharma drugs being the culprit.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We don't fly flags across the nation when one of our soldiers dies serving their country so why should we do so for a crackhead drug addict pop star? This is a slap in the face to those whom have actually sacrificed for our nation. What exactly has Whitney done for our country.

I swear I love my country but Im really starting to despise the idiots we have leading us.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Isn't is safe to say that soldiers, firefighters, police and others have drug problems like the rest of us?

What is wrong with honoring the death of someone that made a mark on the world, whether they be a soldier or a singer?

I would honor a drug-addicted Houston before I honored a sober, corrupt politician's death.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Whitney.....

Who?

Hell no!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by W3RLIED2

I guess if you are a Pop-Diva from New Jersey you get it.

This world is going to hell.

The world is already there, dude. This is a slap in the face to every working American soldier in the history of our country. How dare New Jersyans even think to offer Whitney this honor.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
WHO?

I don't remember Ike Turner getting flags flown at half mast..

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The parasitic UK royal family had to be told by Tony Blair to fly the flag at half mast out of respect for Diana, this was a week after she had died
ROYAL SILENCE SPOKE VOLUMES

Several days after Diana died the Royals had still not publicly mentioned her passing or the accident, even as thousands mourned and gathered outside the Palace waiting for them to speak. No flags had been lowered as a mark of respect or momentous happening. It was as though nothing significant had occurred. The first reaction was almost a week later on September 4th and was by the Queen’s press secretary, Geoffrey Crawford. Not by Prince Charles. Nor by Her Majesty the Queen.

Whitney , if the yanks consider her royalty , lower the flag , no problem from me.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
NO!!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by Iwinder

Isn't is safe to say that soldiers, firefighters, police and others have drug problems like the rest of us?

What is wrong with honoring the death of someone that made a mark on the world, whether they be a soldier or a singer?

I would honor a drug-addicted Houston before I honored a sober, corrupt politician's death.

It is safe to say that, indeed I am sure they have their problems too but .....big but here they don't show up in photos with a lot of snow under their nose. What is wrong here is the half mast has always and I mean always been for National hero's that set an example.

I am seeing in this thread the push to raise up the addicts and garbage to hero status.........this is wrong and nothing will change my mind.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Goes to show that Governor Christie is a nut.

I knew that for a while already, when he decided to kill the tunnel upgrade, so NJ is connected to NY with a marvel of 110 year old technology.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I am seeing in this thread the push to raise up the addicts and garbage to hero status........

I have not seen any responses attempting to hold Houston up as a hero. She is not a hero by any means.

But I do not have a problem with people respecting and honoring another person with such a simple, yet profound gesture. Addict and "garbage" are a very general term that would encompass every single one of us in one way or another based on the viewpoint of each individual.

We are all human, we all have our faults. I hope to be honored in death by those close to me, and those who are part of my life....whether I am a drug addict or a saint.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

NO!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join