It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you love the Military…I’ll tell you why I do.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
For those who say the military is a bunch of murderers let me ask you a question:

Have you paid Federal income tax?

If you have then you are guilty financing murder. Say you couldn't avoid paying them? Or were your morals so weak you gave in?

If our country has committed murder by war then we are all guilty whether we served or not. The people have the power to make our government stop making war but we lack the will apparently.

I never served but I did contract work with the USMC and every soldier I met was someone I respected and would have trusted with anything.

Whatever is wrong with the world today is up to us collectively to fix and to do that we need to stop blaming this person or that group and accept our own role.

If there is war it's not because any soldier ever voted to go - he was told to by people that we elect and fail to hold accountable. No soldier I ever met who saw combat would willingly go to war if given a free choice.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
For those who say the military is a bunch of murderers let me ask you a question:

Have you paid Federal income tax?

If you have then you are guilty financing murder. Say you couldn't avoid paying them? Or were your morals so weak you gave in?

If our country has committed murder by war then we are all guilty whether we served or not. The people have the power to make our government stop making war but we lack the will apparently.

I never served but I did contract work with the USMC and every soldier I met was someone I respected and would have trusted with anything.

Whatever is wrong with the world today is up to us collectively to fix and to do that we need to stop blaming this person or that group and accept our own role.

If there is war it's not because any soldier ever voted to go - he was told to by people that we elect and fail to hold accountable. No soldier I ever met who saw combat would willingly go to war if given a free choice.
Well, it has to be said, if he was told to go it was because he was in the military lol... and no soldier IS given the free choice, they are soldiers, if they didn't want to go to war they wouldn't join the military

That's pretty basic logic really.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The military are a bunch of globalist murdering thugs. The freedom fighters planting ieds killing American troops are heroes.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Great post!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

The military taught me how to channel my wild into a constructive not destructive manner.

And for that I love ‘em.
reply to post by TDawgRex

Awesome...I too love the military...Both my ex husbands were Marines...Although we got divorced looking back they were keepers but I was just too young to realize it...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Good post. I like it when I get to see how other people on this site live, love, and where they come from! We are a community, and as such we need to embrace eachothers backgrounds.

So thank you for serving and surviving the military! Glad you got to come back with everything attached...i hope.

I hate the military just as much as the next man, my father is a vet and I see the terrible things that society has done to him and to others. I hate the military not the man serving it. You are all just trying to do the right thing and I admire that greatly.

I hope one day we will have no need to send people out to war. If there ever was a war right here in this country, I would be happy and proud to serve my people, just not some war over seas. I will defend this country and our constitution, I will not however defend anothers country for oil and money.

So thank you again for surving!
edit on 18-9-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join