It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont Blame The Mods.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The main thing that is the problem on ATS is not the mods. It is those of us that run to them at the drop of a hat. Its pretty hard to debate topics when so many here are so precious.

Most mods seem pretty cool to me. You can tell when your thread is hit by a mod that some pathetic guy that takes themselves and this site way too seriously has complained about you.

I think that if you see what you consider to be a troll them move along. Alot of my threads are trash and toungue in cheek. I say big freaking deal. I have a more highly evolved sense of humour than you haters.

And you can stop with the pathetic crusade to protect the 'integrity' of the site. I will admit there is some intelligent debate taking place on ATS but at the same time alot of the stuff on here is pure trash. Most of the most intelligent members that I have come across have a majority of thier threads ignored. It seems to me that the majority of people that use ATS are rude bullies that get off on insulting people. There seems to be a culture of arrogance.

Anyway,to all those that run to the mods at the drop of a hat I say suck it up.Walk it off.Grow a set. Man up. Get over yourselves. Lighten up. And if you dont like something that you read then move along and leave the mods alone.
edit on 14-2-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Wow, what happened to get you all fired up OP?

But you're completely right..If you see mods making moves, it's usually for good reason.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

usually.

I agree. Go mods

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
You're way off OP way off.

It's all their fault!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

I really hope that a Mod or three comment on this idea. I'm assuming that the Mods run the site the way the owners want it to be run. If they want complaints they'll ask for them, and if they don't they'll say that too, or ignore the complaints that get sent to them.

I've seen them say that they can't spot everything on their own, so they want reports. I've also seen them say that they don't want mini-Mods bothering them or interfering with the flow of the thread. It seems like a tricky line to walk.

I can understand that going to the Mods can be seen as "Snitching," but isn't it up to the Mods to decide wether to intervene in a thread?

And you can stop with the pathetic crusade to protect the 'integrity' of the site. I will admit there is some intelligent debate taking place on ATS but at the same time alot of the stuff on here is pure trash. Most of the most intelligent members that I have come across have a majority of thier threads ignored. It seems to me that the majority of people that use ATS are rude bullies that get off on insulting people. There seems to be a culture of arrogance
Is this really true? I've walked away from threads that had too much bullying. I treasure the intelligent debate. How else am I supposed to get exposed to these things? Do you have a better site in mind?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Personally I think the mods do a fine job of keeping this site tolerable.
the amount of 'trashy' threads is minimal.
trolls get shot down quickly, they can go to utube to get their fix if they need it.
sometimes the intelligent threads are actually over my head and although I read them I don't comment much unless I think I have something intelligent to say. (not often).
BUT I've learned a lot here, can't beat that.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

Wow lol, awsome.!! thats about right. I can take anything thrown at me. I know alot of peeps are different. and can't handle remarks. I say if you can't handle it..then people shouldn't post anything. Thats what these site are.you ask something or reply to something.Expect some good answers and some bad ones. Ying & Yang. I use to belong to a site like 2 hours ago. And alot of peeps in their couldn't handle anything..then why be their. Mods monitor to keep the peace as to posts and make sure the ATS rules are being used by all members, give site advice / chat advice..and what nots. as to handling personal stuff between members NO. If you can't handle it..then again. Don't reply or post anything expecting the returns to be all nice. Done..

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I like the mods here.
Mostly fair and honest.
Behind the scenes,meh.
But it is a good place overall.

But you are right about some of the content coming out,me included just because for the fact when you do produce something of substance,it gets largely ignored.
So why bother?

Maybe I,and some of the others ,should not give up and change our way of thinking.
My mind has been in the gutter for awhile,nothing new or thought provoking coming to me.
I see you have been here for a month,OP,just wait.
I was on fire when I first joined,then the fire slowly died down.

Thanks for the inspiration and the kick in the butt.

But before I do that,I have to run and post a funny pic.
edit on 14-2-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well maybe...(although it is a privilege to moderate...) there might be some kind of pay involved...like minimum wage to start!

Then maybe...just maybe...we might have a happier group of moderators...at least in the forum!

They all do a great service to ATS...but dang...I would be in a bad mood if my shift started at 8:00 a.m. and I was getting paid nothing...might make my coffee moderation a bit biased!

Just saying...still the best site on the web...slave labor in China (apples devotion to it...) and our mods work for free...imagine that!

Yeah...go mods and all that...but I pity your position sometimes!
edit on 14-2-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Just my own view here.....I think the mods here are very very good- excellent in fact. They seem to be fair, even if they don't catch all the BS that occurs on here, they get the vast majority of it.

That being said, paid or not, moderating a chat room or forum board is basically a thankless job. Not many appreciate all the hard work they do behind the scenes to make this place run smoothly. How can I say that? I've moderated boards and chat rooms for years, and while it can be fun, it is also alot of work, usually unpaid, and you also have to put up with irate people, some of whom are justified, some who forgot to take their meds today.

Mods- keep up the great work and I'm very thankful you are here to keep things in good order. You really do make a difference.

SK

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
Wow, what happened to get you all fired up OP?

But you're completely right..If you see mods making moves, it's usually for good reason.

oh please... Sucking up to mods won't save you from the ban hammer. Too many self important people on this site.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

As long as 1 person reads it is all that matters. it's when no one make a hit on it..that's the problem. I think that it's not to ignore you. I think that maybe it's something of no interest to that member. And if it is maybe they were going to view it. but then forgot to view it cuz they were to busy looking at something else. If it's an on going thing..Post a rant..see what comes of it..if nothing..then you know..

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
As a general FYI.....we encourage members to use the Alert button to alert violations of the Terms and Conditions of Use that everyone must abide by.

That is what the button is for. This is what we have told members to do over and over and over. The T&C are there for a reason.

The better thing to do is always make sure one posts within the T&C.

edit on February 15th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
After being here as long as I have, I have to say, the mods here do a good job. I know it is not easy, I am a mod somewhere else, and it can be hard. People take things personally if they don't understand the rules or plain just don't like them. Mods do a great job of filtering TRASH out while keeping opinions in.

Considering the size and make of the website I say they do a very fine job!

new topics

top topics

join