It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Strange Truck Crash (vid).

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
the video is titled 'whats wrong with this road' , which isnt the point of this thread (could be ice, spilt deisel etc).

i'm reffering to the truck crash at 00:56 and how appears to turn into 2 trucks. first i thought it was a second truck trying to overtake on the right, but having watched it a few times i dont think thats possible.
i'm sure the answer will be obvious and i'll feel silly. but anyway.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

I think the second truck was already in between the visible truck and the wall being pushed by the visible truck.

Your right tho it does look as tho it magically appears.
I have seen this video 1000 times and never noticed it.

edit on 14-2-2012 by TheCommentator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

It appears that the other truck came out of the opening to the right (Marked by the diagonal stripes on the column) and collided with the truck.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

That certainly does look strange.

After watching a few times, it seems the initial truck gets struck by another truck careening backwards between it and the tunnel wall.

My observation appears to be supported by the way the first truck jolts to the left upon being struck by the faster rearward moving truck.

( Glad I wasn't in that tunnel at the time!! )

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
holy crap....
where it this road?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

That is wierd actually. The first truck seems to be what we Americans refer to as an emergency lane. There is no room for another vehicle to be between the truck and the wall. If the second truck came out of an opening in the wall, maybe somewhere for maintenance vehcles to be parked, I'm really not seeing where that "hole" might be. I see something that may be an opening, but it doesn't look big enough for a vehicle to fit through.

Even so, that wouldn't be even close to being safe because I'm not even seeing a convex mirror anywhere in that tunnel.

That is very strange.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Europe. That's what's wrong with it

But for real, it was just a moronic truck driver pulling out from an opening to the right. It's hard to see but you're right it does look like it turns into two trucks. Took me a few times watching to understand what was going on

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It's not a driver pulling out onto the tunnel. The only logical explanation was that the truck was pushing the "hidden" truck from behind the camera into view and then subsequently this "hidden" truck hits the second corner of that opening in the wall.

If it was a vehicle coming out of the opening it wouldn't be facing us if the other truck crashed into it. Instead it would be facing the opposite way.
edit on 14-2-2012 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Has there been a Lada built yet that doesn't eventually crash?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I think the truck that appears out of nowhere is coming from behind the first truck, off camera, at a much faster speed. It looks like it was already spun around from maybe hitting another vehicle first, or just hitting the brakes too hard to avoid rear ending the first truck. As it spins around it hits the wall, and was forced between the wall and the truck that it hits, now going backwards.

Does that make sense lol?

edit on 2/14/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
We just KNEW tunnel's ate cars....OMG! So this is why they brake for tunnels here.......

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Caver78

O.K. I watched the video 3 times. Here is what i think, It's a tunnel with traffic flowing in two directions the wall separates the two lanes the one truck crashed through the wall and hit the other truck.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
That was in Russia,right?

Damn vodka is to blame then.

Yeah,at first I thought the op was talking about the bus,then saw the truck later,and after watching it a few times,could see it entering the road.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by HillbillyFreak

You've nailed it I think, it does look like the wall gives way moments before impact.

I just watched that I would say in excess of 50 times, slowed down, zoomed, you name it, lol.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I've figured it out.

There are two tunnels, one on the other side of the right hand wall that you can see.

There is an opening between the two tunnels, one side of which is the column marked with the diagonal lines.

Air pressure from the other tunnel escapes from this opening in a blast and pushes any vehicle light enough for its surface area, off the lane they are in.

That's why there are so many crashes on this stretch of tunnel.

Alternately, the same thing happens on the opposite side of the tunnel, which we see when the camera shows us a different view.

The truck that looks like it appears from nowhere was sucked into the gap by the air flow and has gone through the gap and partly smashed through the wall before hitting the truck on "our" side.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Like some sort of ventilation shaft?
I work on elevators and under the right conditions,the air rising through those shafts are so strong the elevator doors won't close.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The truck couldn’t have come from the other side because the car behind them was already breaking before visible impact.

new topics

top topics

join