It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the quantum photonic internet or internet 2.0

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
the best part is this is compatable with the current fiber optic networks used by most countries allready

Fast photon control brings quantum photonic technologies closer

(PhysOrg.com) -- Using photons instead of electrons to transmit information could lead to faster and more secure ways to communicate, among other advantages. Now a team of physicists has taken another step toward realizing quantum photonic technologies by demonstrating how to quickly manipulate single photons at the same wavelengths used in existing optical telecommunications networks. The ability to control a photon’s path and polarization in the time of a few nanoseconds could allow photonic circuits to be integrated with existing optical telecom networks, leading to significant improvements.

physorg

i not sure i understand the tecnology behind this so be forwarned,
this is my humble opinion and anyone with a better understanding please correct me where appropriate,

in the quantum world a photon is the work horse of the fiber optic network that is the back bone to the internet,
it works like an digital switch that can transmit information using photons and encoding into binary comunication.

in this instence the information is "encoded" at a quantum state in a photon and the information is encoded into the state of that photon. at the other end is a quantum "decoder" that reads the various states of these photons,

the abiltiy of photons to be in different states when transmitted means that MUCH more information can be packed into the changes between the more nemerous states than can be "transmitted" in the photon digital decoded into on off binary,

the cool part is there exists an overlapp with the current telecomunications platform and the quantum "encode/decode rates"

current networks could be transversed by the photons in their quantum states,
the fiber optic networks and frequencies used currently would still work with some changes.

this is all now even remotly possable because of the nano second control of the switch used to encode/decode the individual photons with fast enough responce time to carry large volumes of data over a narrow range in wavelength.

i can see how at very efficencies this form of comunications channel would be very effective at carrying large volumes of information over a very narrow channel with very little latency.

imagine if this works on existing networks

anyone with a fibre connection could use a "quantum incoded modem" to be in instant low loss quantum internet
network

the quantomnet
lol

this tecnology could become very important for mobile users and privacy for apps and internet ect.
the quantum state allows for such things as quantum cryptografics (encryption)
from phone to source over the various network interface mecanisms.

SECURE APP

xploder

xploder

edit on 14-2-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
awesome! wonder how long it will take for the public sector to pick up this ball and run with it after the Military gets done with it lol. Either way, i think its neat that this tech can be used with only slight changes. nice read thanks

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Awsome.

Does it come with a faster SOPA also?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Does this new internet still use tubes?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab
Does this new internet still use tubes?

lol im sorry i just couldnt resist
lol

TOOBS
IMHO

no the photons can be quantumly encrypted at the information level so the need for encyption tunneling would be obsolete

xploder

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I remember reading an article on the LHC a few years ago that stated they had to create an new internet to process all the data in a practical way.

I can't remember where I saw this at, and I haven't heard anything about it since. But it was supposed to be way faster, more secure, and overall more efficient.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

lol
a peer to peer quantum network

a quantum you tube

premium speeds for all lol

well there are alot smarter people than me looking at these results,
and im sure the cern guys get all the cool toys first

wounder what a quantum DNS server would look like,
smaller and more effeiceint for sure.

the power savings could be vast,
xploder

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I was measured for biophotons. After that unique experiment I learned all I could understand about photons. I started to know that we are just beginning to scratch the surface in how to use these small subatomic particles in mass. Measuring them means that they need to be in a ultra violent range. Apparently when I performed in the experiment I didn't know I'd become the "5th" person in their 30 year study to be emitted a high amount of biophotons. I realize that there is a science behind the holographic reality that we live inside. It will be a matter of time before it comes together to serve us at a beneficial level.

Below is a portion of an article by Don Brown who commented on an experiment that I was part of at the Rhine Center at Duke University in NC.

:www.chienergyheals.com...

"The website How Stuff Works provides an easily recognizable example of photon emission in everyday life: fluorescent lamps.

“These forms of lighting pass an electric current through a gas to make the gas emit light. The colors of gas-discharge lamps vary widely depending on the identity of the gas and the construction of the lamp.”

This is to say, the photon produced by the energized electron falling back to its regular orbit coincides with a specific wavelength. The photon’s color is a direct correlation to its energy; this is the photon’s wavelength in the EM spectrum [Figures 1 & 2] and thus, the color of visible light.

What is truly remarkable is this: it turns out that humans also produce light. This intercellular luminescence is termed: biophontics."

top topics

join