It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 year old told to eat 3 chicken nuggets

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Annee

I don't know what school was buying your burgers, but the schools I went to had hamburgers and it didn't look anything like beef!

I think any time we are talking about frozen chicken nuggets, it is safe to assume they are pretty nasty. I've never seen one with good fresh meat texture or real-looking chicken.

And people cannot trust the USDA guidelines to provide good school lunches, because they designated Pizza as a Vegetable, as long as it has 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce?

It was Los Angeles school district.

Oh - let me tell you our USDA inspector took his job VERY seriously. He was a real pain - - and his last name was Asprin (I kid you not).

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by EmceeTrick

Not pointing just at you.. I mentioned it to someone else too.. Im not mad at all... I just don't how we got on this topic of being vegan or not and what it has to do with the rest of the Thread.

Well, connecting the dots here, while some people may be strict vegans and raising their children that way, the school district and all public schools obviously do not adhere to that standard. The Nanny State again thinks it knows the right thing to do in all cases, and that is the boring guidelines which have only to do with the minimum requirement and not to do with truly optimal whole foods healthy lifestyle. I too am shocked that school official thought that chicken nuggets were healthier than the combination of turkey and cheese proteins.

(anyway, didn't she read the story of Heidi, who subsisted on bread and cheese while living up on the mountain with her grandpa?)

I argue incessantly here with people who support the Nanny State and think it knows better than the parents.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

As I mentioned, eating meat is entirely possible - sure our enzymes can break some of it down, but by no means is it a complete protein, nor is it entirely healthy for us to do so. The body has to break animal protein down into amino acids to turn into protein. Our digestive system stomach acids, intestines, are NOT designed to handle large amounts of meats, and they are less efficient to do so - they were never designed to be taxed by it. Sure we can survive on it. Can we thrive on it? Studies say no. Eating junk that our bodies weren't designed to process efficiently leads to a depletion of enzymes, and this leads to disease, which is misdiagnosed in most cases as if it were some event that has to be treated, when the cause is usually diet, and over a long period of time. Since this is hard to correlate, and people lie about what they eat, and how they eat it, it's really difficult to convince people. God help you if you mess with someone's perceived diet. Yet things like protein, iron, b12, etc. are spouted by folks as if meat provides this in a complete and perfect package. Far from it. Many meat eaters are deficient in B-12, but think they are absorbing it becuase they eat meat. Do you know that B-12 is one of the greatest deficiencies in everyone, regardless of diet? Most people are suffering from maladies due to a pH problem, mostly caused by a lack of B-12, Vitamin D, Iodine, or Magnesium. And most of these deficiencies are caused by enzyme issues. How do these enzyme deficiencies start? Diet!! How do you solve them? Diet!

And you can get more than enough protein from a plant based diet - just don't cook it. There are substantial protein stores in many raw foods, more than enough for our needs.

As for health, wellness, anti-cancer, anti-inflammation, good pH, following a plant based diet is the way to stay healthy. Go ahead and eat meat if you choose. When you find that you have of the many 'dis-eases' that are all misidentified by our not-so-great medical profession, a profession filled with money hungry, fat, sick, 'doctors' who are pill pushers, remember that a diet of plant-based foods, lightly prepared, is probably the answer. Not some pill manufactured by a corporation beholden to shareholders.

I find this whole argument fascinating - here we push these processed crap onto our kids, get them addicted to junk, then hand them off to doctors who push more junk on them. Then they come down with obesity, illness, and feed them more garbage to try and fix them.

Divesting ourselves of meat, wheat, dairy, refined sugars & salt, processed and cooked foods, GMO, and chemicals (all sorts) is a solid means to health and even happiness. Health equals wealth. There are plenty of cultural examples where small amounts of animal protein are included in diets and ill effects are few. You will find that it's probably rural areas where there isn't a lot of processing done - farms and close-to-nature types of things. Just try and find that now in a supermarket - really can't be done. So you are better off finding alternatives. Then you can bring in the whole spiritual side of things. The body runs on hormones. Eating meat filled with the hormones of tortured animals does have an effect on the body.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ScaryWorld

Humans have canine teeth and grinding teeth. A healthy diet should consist of pure proteins, green veggies and some fruit. Real fats like butter and cheese yeah. Bran muffin for breakfast is just cake in a small portion. Low carb, whole grains that are slow to digest are the way to go. Granola is candy disguised as a healthy treat. Eat what we feed the cows to make them fat and you will only get fat like the cows.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Also it amounts to the State force-feeding our children. Did that inspector stick around to see that the child actually ate the nuggets? Did she remove the parents provided lunch? My thought is, what's wrong with that woman? What kind of brainwashing went on to ensure that she did her job in this manner? Or was she just using her own ideas about it as a basis? What if these people are being told to challenge the food brought from home as a way to override parental authority? I mean they do this same thing with the teaching curriculum.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gconran

That is all absolutely great advice!

I only slightly disagree on the amount of meat our bodies can handle, but otherwise, a raw or "lightly prepared" vegetable diet, with limited lean meats, and only an occasional red meat, is surely the best possible thing we can do for our health.

If we can get organic, non-GMO vegetables, and no-hormone, no-antibiotic, meats, then we are doing even better.

If we can grow it ourself, that is the best possible scenario!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
If someone told my child not to eat what I sent him to school with, I would be down at that school post haste, demanding an explanation.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

First I wasn't even talking about the current politicians so I have no idea why you bring them up.

Second how is it not a nanny state situation?
You have an over zealous government official telling the student what they can and can't eat.
Not only that they take away one meal because it lacks a vegetable and replace it with another meal that also lacks a vegetable.
BTW I don't care if it counts as a starch technically a potato is a vegetable, and if they were corn chips they are also a vegetable.

Onto your comment about corporate pyramid schemes.
I'm for the parent picking the food their child eats, no where did I say anything about Corporate America other than saying there is an option to buy something.

I will never understand how people think they are forced to buy things, or that Corporate America is destroying their lives.
You can exercise free will and vote as it were with your wallet and not buy from companies you don't like.

In a nanny state which we are turning into you will be forced to buy certain items from government approved companies.
So tell me how would being forced to buy chicken nuggets from the school who buys them from the lowest bidder be a better option than the parent shopping around for what they think is best.
Your option there is no choice and no liberty, in my option there is a choice and the liberty to exercise that choice.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ScaryWorld

Humans = Omnivores

Sorry but Herbivores don't have canines the teeth we and our cousins the Chimps use to eat meat!

But unlike the chimps we can choose to eat whatever we like meat, veggies (mmm), rocks, air, sunlight

Although I don't think the last 3 work so well but I have read people choose to be those as well...people believe anything! LOL

update: And will eat anything! LOL
edit on 15-2-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sith9157

I am not a parent now, in the future if something happened to my child I would do the same. I know if something like that happened would have happened to me my parents would let the school, the other parents, and the local media outlets what happened. It would not be pretty for the school and especially that administrator.

The little girl had a much healthier lunch than what was being served, insanity.

edit on 15-2-2012 by jrod because: blah

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
The little girl had a much healthier lunch than what was being served,. . .

You have no facts to back that statement up.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Growing up on a farm, if a teacher would have tried to take my deer steak, or wild rabbit salad sandwich from me.........
Chances are I would have hit them with my lunch box.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

This is one of the scariest articles I've read. Nearly as scary as the assault on Religion.

Almost as scary as starting illegal wars and killing alot of people, correct?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Almost as scary as starting illegal wars and killing alot of people, correct?

So are you implying there has ever been a "legal" war.

Just like the term "civil war", I have seen my share of crap in this world, but I have yet to see a war I would refer to as civil.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I fear so many of you out there don't realize how serious this is. This was a Government figure forcing a decision on a child, a decision that is totally against and opposite of a parents good intentions for their child. It's not about healthy food vs. non-healthy food. That's not the danger. If a parent is allowing a child to become malnourished then that is abuse and within the government's right to protect the child. This is the Government taking over parenting. This is the "we know best" nanny state. Growing government always leads to loss of freedom. This is a short step toward the FED telling full grown adults what they may eat. Not that they don't already. But what if tomorrow the state you live in, that state that already banned trans-fat, or salt shakers in restaurants, what if that state passed a law that says fast fried foods may not be served to anyone under 18years of age? Or restaurants must use only all vegetable shortening? How about we take that to the grocery store level and just outlaw the sale of lard or any animal based fats or shortening? The state does it. Maybe quite a few liberal in you grill state governments do so then the FDA recommends it and so Congress must pass legislation to make such laws federal? It's for your own good after all...!!!!....Don't this will happen? Think I'm just crazy. Then please think about what the OP story says...it says that a parent sent their child to school with a healthy enough lunch for their kid, that they certainly would have served them at home for lunch, but the Government stepped in and said no good! and no way! and you will eat that which we tell you to eat!!!! You will feed your kid what we tell you to feed them and like it!!! This is exactly what happened!!
Now you say it's an isolated incident. Nothing to see here. I say see the loss of American freedom in front of your eyes, and those of you that think no big deal...well I guess we will have to wait and see what you have to say when the law tells you that you will have your child taken for feeding them non-government approved meals in your own home. This kind of crap is just the first step toward that!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
What BS this is, totally none of their business. Just wait until the day where they send people around to make sure you wiped your arse properly...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I just watched this on Fox news now.

Mother got an apology.
Didn't have to pay for the lunch, and the teacher that did it was out of line.
Everything fit into the guide lines that she had packed for her daughter.

Sounds to me like the person that inspected her lunch was having a bad day or something.
I don't think this reflects a bigger problem in schools, yet.

This is not about whether the child's lunch was really outside guidelines, it was about employees of the State rummaging through kids lunches to make sure mommies and daddies are feeding the kids right. If sugary sweets showed up in the lunch the State could declare the parents unfit. This is what it's really about. Why are they rummaging around in kids lunches?
Let me tell you something else, when the State was forcing our 7th graders to get vaccinated for Hep B, we were told by our school principal that the children were not allowed to "share" lunches, so this is when the policing of lunches started, and it was under the guise of preventing a disease communicable supposedly through sharing food. We talked to health officials and they said it was communicated through kissing, that is, it's a sexually transmitted disease. Do you see what I am getting at?

Oh yes, one other thing, we were told that the children would not be allowed any of those plastic knives for eathing, and that was another reason the State was digging around in kids lunches.
edit on 15-2-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Actually, they don't need to police anyone, including fast food places. I am so sick and tired of people trying to control what other people eat. If you don't like it, chew on some granola for all I care. ~SheopleNation

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by texas thinker

The next step is the govt taking away the kids because the parents let them get obese. It's already happening in the UK and they have nanny cams in some homes as trials to be sure mum and dad are behaving like good parents and feeding the kids their broccoli and doing the homework. The UK is ahead of us in this liberal fascism. Why liberals want the govt out of the bedroom to have abortions but they want the govt in our kitchens is beyond me.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

These people are morons. My thoughts.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join