It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 year old told to eat 3 chicken nuggets

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by getreadyalready

My brother has a loaf of regular old Wonder Bread that is now almost 10 years old, and it is still soft and hasn't molded yet. He is saving it to see how long it will go!

I HIGHLY doubt that, now youre just trying to be impressive. Id say show us a pic, but its to easy to have an old bread bag and put more bread in it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
WTF? This is a thing? Inspecting children's lunchboxes??! W T F .........

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by coop039

Actually, the loaf probably has a "sell by" date stamped on it. I'll ask him for a picture. I don't know the exact number of years he has had it, but it was long enough for him to go from community college to a Master's degree, and then work a couple of jobs and move out of state. In all that time, the bread has stayed fresh. Now that cannot be healthy stuff to be eating!

He thought about selling it on ebay at one point, when weird food items were hot.

He may have other ways of verifying its date, because it has become a project of sorts now!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I have a short story. No proof, just a story I was told by an ex girlfriend a long time ago. She started school in Washington state around 1978 or so. During her early years the school would not allow home brought lunches. She said several days they forced everyone to eat some type of goolash. She said she did not like it and was not going to eat it at all and they sat over her watching her and making her eat it. She said it had pellets of some kind in it. She had a hard time chewing them and swallowing them. She has been very sick, and had several forms of Cancer. She believes the Gov experimented on her school with radioactive pellets to see if Humans could develop a tolerance to it. I took most of what she said with a grain of salt. Somehow this story reminded me of that story. Just thought I would share.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Wow, your original. Hope you didn't hurt yourself coming up with that.

McDonalds no longer uses the mechanically separated chicken by the way, as many companies no longer do. Tyson uses it a little.

What were you saying about assuming again?

Nixie - I don't think its the mechanically-separated chicken people are concerned about. Its the TBHQ (a petroleum product), the preservatives, the GMO corn and soy, etc., that people are mainly concerned with. I would equate someone feeding these things to my child the same way I would someone forcing my child to inhale toxic gasses, and I'm not kidding or being superlative. It is an attack on the child's health - while some people may be willing to feed these things to their children either out of ignorance or lack of love for their child, that's their own choice to make.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Well here is the USDA SCHOOL LUNCH PROGRAM... From the .gov website.. your gonna have to read alot sorry!
USDA SCHOOL LUNCH PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I don't have any kids but so help me god somebody tries to intervene with what I see fit to feed my child! Its bad enough the school systems are becoming more bureaucratic year by year but nobody, and I mean NOBODY has the right to tell me what I can feed my child. Well balanced lunch v.s. process mystery meat, seriously? Where's the camera?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Just curious then, what would you pack as lunch for a child that age?

Depends on the genetics, allergies, predisposition to obesity, and other diseases.

I certainly wouldn't shovel franken food GMO's down their throat and watch them grow up with health conditions.

Why must they have a certain type of food? Because they watch comericals all day? Why are they watching comercials?

Well, I for one am curious as well. You seem to know something we dont. Kids can picky eaters, and you have to take into account in most cases there is no way to refridgerate the lunch. That lunch was very similar to what I pack for my little boy.

So please, what would you pack for a child that age? No need to rehash the "geneitcs, obesity, etc. line", give us a general idea.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by coop039

Actually, the loaf probably has a "sell by" date stamped on it. I'll ask him for a picture. I don't know the exact number of years he has had it, but it was long enough for him to go from community college to a Master's degree, and then work a couple of jobs and move out of state. In all that time, the bread has stayed fresh. Now that cannot be healthy stuff to be eating!

He thought about selling it on ebay at one point, when weird food items were hot.

He may have other ways of verifying its date, because it has become a project of sorts now!

There is no way its still soft and fresh, those bags arent even air tight.No mold is possible, but unlikely. If a loaf of bread sits more then a week and half at my house it will mold in the summer of dry out in the winter. Sounds like a good urban myth though.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I thought USDA lunch requirements were only for lunch the schools provided, not lunch brought from home. Am I wrong about this? Is the USDA now making requirements on lunches brought from home??

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Public education is a joke, aside from the fact that it actually makes kids dumber and spoon feeds them propaganda; a school should have no right to dictate what a child eats, what happened to personal freedom? What if you choose not to eat lunch, I personally almost always skipped lunch in school and would just eat when I got home.

I think homeschooling is the way to go if you want your kid to actually learn something and develop good learning habits. Western education seems to simply be memorization and recitation, nothing actually sticks. The way that kids supposedly "learn" is by memorizing and reciting facts and dates, quickly forgetting them right after they finish being tested on the information.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScaryWorld
humans = herbivorous
be what you are.

Negative.
Do you know why?
Well, lets start with your teeth.
Canine's.
And right there we find 100 percent proof that humans are omnivores.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by WildWorld

No your aboslutely right, however Ther State of NC requires its schools serving pre-k to follow this USDA requirement, so they sent a state agent there. I hope we can get more clarification on it. There have been reports from different news angencies that this is nation wide.From another report, aprrently its still going on today, the girls apple juice was replace with milk..

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ka119

You mean 'eye teeth'? Just because some idiot misnamed the teeth because they resemble canines doesn't make it 100% anything. lol. Do a bit of research please before you start claiming anything with 100% assurity. Apes have wicked large teeth - what does their diet consist of? Definately not meat! If anything they eat a few termites, and might occasionally kill another animal if they piss them off. But their diet mainly consists of greens & fruit.

You, and about 6 others have spouted this incorrect information as if it means something.

I posted an earlier response with a pretty good document - this has a lot of up to date information as well as some pretty good statistics on why we lean MORE towards being a herbavare than a meat-eater. Can we eat meat? YES. Should we? Probably not. michaelbluejay.com...

If you look into cancer studies (not those funded by pink ribbon fronts for the big pharma), you will find that eating a diet with lots of meat in it helps cause a lot of the problems we attribute to cancer, arthritis, other ailments. That is a fact. Not 100% (nothing usually is).

Books like "The China Study" help corrobate this. Funny thing how people will point to one person who is 'thin' or 'malnourished' or having some 'symptom' and claim that not eating meat caused that, yet he/she is surrounded by people with all sorts of ailments eating a SAD (Standard American Diet) which is composed primarily of meat, but the cause is 'genetics' or something else. lol.

And don't get me wrong - it's not that meat by itself is a poison, but it has little value that you can't easily get from other areas. Go ahead and eat some meat if you want. But keep it low. 5% or less of your diet max. And frankly other things like dairy, wheat, refined salt and sugars, and chemicals are just as nasty (and prevalent in meat too by the way).

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
You guys are missing the big picture with this story. It's not about whether the girls lunch was healthy or not, it's the fact that STATE FOOD INSPECTORS are trolling around elementary school cafeterias telling kids what to eat! Against the will of the children's parents. If the child is receiving government paid for school lunches, then they can tell them what to eat. But you best not tell ME what I can and can't pack for my child's friggin school lunch.

What an absolute complete waste of time and money.

Why is it that kids a decade or 2 ago ate much worse foo than today's kids and yet, they were healthier back in the day?

If they're really that concerned, the government should force parents to throw away their kids video game system and go outside and ride their bikes for an hour.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
OKAY SO HERE IS AN ARTICAL OF WHEN THE LAW WAS PASSED BACK IN 2010

www.examiner.com...

The bill signed by President Obama regulates what children can eat before, during, and after school. It also regulates diets during summer vacations in school programs funded by the federal government.

The bill passed the House 264 - 157 on December 2. Idaho's Walt Minnick voted for the measure, while Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) did not vote - along with 12 others.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Michelle Obama on child nutrition: ‘We can’t just leave it up to the parents' - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com www.examiner.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by gconran

You are also wrong. The teeth isn't the only thing that indicates we are omnivores. We have the digestive tracts, and enzymes responsible for processing meat. We require a fairly large amount of protein, which is almost impossible to obtain from mere vegetables without supplementing it with something unnatural. In other words, tofu and protein drinks don't grow in the wild, so our ancestors were forced to eat meat, therefore, we are naturally inclined to eat meat.

Everything else you mention is partially true. We obviously eat too much of everything, including meat. We probably need 1 or 2 small servings of meat a couple of times per week, we don't need 3 servings per day, and we don't need humongous servings like we are used to.

Our bodies are also having trouble dealing with all the refined flours, and refined sugars, and the ready availability and constant bombardment of calories. We aren't designed for the acidic drinks like carbonated cola. We aren't designed for a steady bombardment of stimulants either.

We do plenty of things to damage our bodies, and our Western Lifestyle is a big part of that, but just eating meat, in and of itself, is perfectly natural, and we are indeed designed to do exactly that.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The two of you really arent on the topic i posted. Your having totally different convo. thas all

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EmceeTrick

Sorry.

It is a fringe of the topic, it goes to whether or not we should be forcing our kids to eat meat or not. Some kids would live off nothing but candy if they could. There was the story about the UK girl that lived off nothing but Chicken Nuggets until she ended up in the hospital over it. And then there is your story, about a school forcing a kid to eat chicken nuggets.

What if you were a teacher, and you had an extremely skinny girl in your class, and you knew her parents were vegens, and you saw her trying to survive off lettuce and carrots alone (which my tortoises can't even survive on). Is it appropriate to alert authorities, or is it just a lifestyle choice? We can't force feed people, or interfere with a parent's rights, but on the other hand, we can't let a kid survive on Doritos and Coca Cola either.

So, is there some common sense middle ground? Or is everything an intrusion of personal rights, and should we just stay out of it?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordnightstalker
you know what 30 years ago when I was in school they put the kids like myself whose parents sent them lunch in a separate isolated room and made us feel like we were looser's because our parents gave a damn enough to have us eat right.

To hell with a system that punishes everyone for those who are bad, some people drink beer at the beach and fight so no one can have a beer at the beach, some people can't figure out how to eat right so our kids are punished, some people can't pass HS biology and understand the drugs they ingest so no one can do drugs, some people can't control their drinking so having wine with dinner is for all intents and purposes a felony if you want to eat out.

Don't harp on any one example you all know what i'm saying.

Leave us alone and let the darwin awards be handed out to the dummies

I was in 2nd grade 30 years ago - I can't believe your school system was doing that way back then! Sounds like something from more recent years, with all of the kids with serious food allergies out there now. I have a serious problem with that. Many schools don't allow peanut butter and jelly sandwiches because there are kids with peanut allergies. I think if a child is that sensitive to a food, he/she should probably be in a special school equipped to deal with children with serious health disabilities. Why should my child be limited in what he can eat because of another's disability? My baby will be born this summer. Lucky for us (and him), we have the means to send him to private school. You can bet part of my interviewing the school will be to find out what their stance on food is. Natural food is very important to my wife and I, and much more so now for our boy.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join