It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about trashed thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I was following the crazy story that Manora started called "My encounter with ET"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was obvious fro the start that the story was fake, and when another banned member jumped in it really got out of control. But I never got to see how the charade ended. How did they get caught? The thread got trashed before I got to see who trashed it and why. A crazy story like that deserves some closure

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Anyone wanna help me out here? 34 mods in the house, surely one would be able to answer what happened right?

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I wasn't involved with this, but did look into it. It appears the banning happened because of knowingly posting false information and stating it as fact. As for how they were caught, the mods and supermods employ a variety of methods for this. I did not see what method was used, but often, such methods are not publicly stated, as they would then defeat the purpose.

Such things as comparing IPs with banned members, etc. are fairly common knowledge, and I'm sure you can extrapolate other methods from there...

Wish I could answer your question further, but I don't see further explaination of HOW, just WHY.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I wasn't involved with this, but did look into it. It appears the banning happened because of knowingly posting false information and stating it as fact. As for how they were caught, the mods and supermods employ a variety of methods for this. I did not see what method was used, but often, such methods are not publicly stated, as they would then defeat the purpose.

Such things as comparing IPs with banned members, etc. are fairly common knowledge, and I'm sure you can extrapolate other methods from there...

Wish I could answer your question further, but I don't see further explaination of HOW, just WHY.

Thanks Gaz! I figured it was due to knowingly posting false info...I just never saw where anyone fessed up to it. There were 2 people who seemed to be involved, the author (Manola) and another banned member (can't remember the name...something starting with a "K")

Before the thread was trashed the only person who was banned was "K". Manola was said to be visiting this person and went missing on the side of the road. I never got to see if Monola was banned or not.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Look them up in the Members list, should tell you there...

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Look them up in the Members list, should tell you there...

DUH! (hanging head in shame for not thinking of that already)

Found him. Manora was banned.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
There were 2 people who seemed to be involved, the author (Manola) and another banned member (can't remember the name...something starting with a "K")

Before the thread was trashed the only person who was banned was "K". Manola was said to be visiting this person and went missing on the side of the road. I never got to see if Monola was banned or not.

It was an exiting night in chat. "K" showed up and started talking about the thread. He was talking about the incident of getting the samples but never meeting the guy and how they were being tested.

We either had a major hoax troll or a REALLY stupid kid in trouble (he claimed to be 19) in the room. He was answering questions, but not anything to explain some of the things he was saying about how he got them that didn't add up.

SO was in the room, though had been silent for quite a while. Suddenly, there was a confrontation by SO directly to "K" who went silent. SO left for a quick investigation then returned to confront "K" that he was not who he said he was. "K" goes silent.

HAMMER FALLS!

Another troll bites the dust.

It was quite exciting to witness

I'm sure from there the thread got a closer look.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless

Isn't that an old Queen tune?

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Relentless

Isn't that an old Queen tune?

LOL intrepid. Maybe a theme song 4 ATS - DENY IGNORANCE slammin & jammin.

top topics

join