It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laura Bush heckled by Mother of Slain American Soldier

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nanna_of_6
Bush is the "spawn" of Satan, Bush has sold his soul to get where he is today and has been for nearly four years,....... your right dgtempe, when you said,"The devil is loose folks, alive and kicking in Washington DC ", you are so right.

Nanna, check out this thread I posted awhile ago, it's interesting to read:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I don't have much to add to this post most of you have done a great job, now one point I am going to make is, they took the lady out of the area and then they arrested her when she was talking to the press I don't get it.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It's hard to get it. I can't for the life of me see how ANYBODY can back this administration, they are eroding our rights blatantly, to arrest a mother of a fallen soldier just because she was excercising her freedom of speech is so outrageous it is hard to comprehend.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
When I heard the story of the man who tried to set himself on fire, it totally tore me apart.

Now hearing the story of this mother, wow, that only shows just how much pain and suffering they're going through. People are unnecessarily paying for Bush's lies and mistakes.

I have no idea why he went to Iraq, and frankly, I don't want to know why. But the war in Iraq is nothing to be happy or proud about. Except for killing hostile forces, there is nothing to get out of it.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Unless you're a mother, you will never know the bond between mother and child.

Oh, I guess this explains the abortion movement and child abuse and abandonment.

[edit on 04/9/17 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   

What families are angry about is that *they were lied to*.

I can understand how a 20 year old soldier would be all gung ho
after watching images of the Twin Towers imploding again and again.
They went over there thinking they were vindicating the WTC.

Now we have Colin Powell stating "it's highly unlikely WMDs will ever be found."

Well, uh....gee......
Doesn't that mean every amputee lost his arms and legs FOR NOTHING??

These families aren't angry their kids went to war, per se - they're angry
no WMD exist.

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force-- if necessary-- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002.

"[W]ithout question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real ..."
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003.

www.jrwhipple.com...

www.glennbeck.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Here Here Grady. He's been saying that since what, 93? Flipper rides again.

As for the woman who was arrested. I do believe she was asked to leave and when didn't comply she was arrested. I will sit back and await the flames.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Actualy in the news she was talking to a group of reporters when she was tap in the shoulder and put under arrest.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I talked to my brother who was moved from Beyji, Iraq to Tikrit, Iraq. Those men over there have no idea what they are fighting for. They don't feel support from their homeland and they are well aware that Iraq has no WMD's.

The fact that this women was arrested is insane. WHY? I would also like the question answered as to why no politician's kids are fighting over there.

I would again like to say, which I have posted many many times on several different threads, that the army is NO LONGER an all volunteer army. Those men and women can't get out of the army. Even if they wanted to.

Reference here, It's called a "Stop-Loss Order":
usatoday.com

WASHINGTON � The Army will announce as early as Tuesday new orders that will forbid thousands of soldiers from leaving the service after they return this year from Iraq, Afghanistan and other fronts in the war against terrorism, defense officials said Monday.

The "stop loss" orders mean personnel who could otherwise leave the military when their volunteer commitments expire will be forced to remain to the end of their overseas deployments and up to another 90 days after they come home. "Stop movement" orders also bar soldiers from moving to new assignments during the restricted period. The orders do not extend any unit's stay overseas.

So what happened to the all volunteer army? It disappeard. The men and women are tired of fighting for nothing. They are tired of the lack of support and they are tired of the loss of lives that are meaningless in the eyes of the government.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Its very sad when we go from a purpose to fight to not understanding how or when things got out of control and what the position of our troops and the US as a nation are.

Its not definition of purpose at all. And when a distraught mother complains for her son dying not defending his country but for whatever reason this stupid president thinks is the reason, nobody wants to listen because not politician has an answer.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It's disgraceful, anybody who supports Bush is evil or stupid. Period. Our soldiers do not deserve to be stuck in that hellhole fighting for reasons that never were. Lies. I hope with all my heart Bush is not re-elected.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Gradyphilpott,

For a Marine, you are absolutely disgraceful. Here we are talking about a woman who doesn't understand why her son had to die like that, and you are acting like this is some political conspiracy instigated by Kerry.

Do people see anything beyond politics anymore?

Flame away.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
It's disgraceful, anybody who supports Bush is evil or stupid. Period. Our soldiers do not deserve to be stuck in that hellhole fighting for reasons that never were. Lies. I hope with all my heart Bush is not re-elected.

He will be vote out, to many people in this country has seen the truth, and the ones that are still blind they will turn around soon.

kix

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The reason some think that dying in a war is source of pride is because wars a 100 years ago had some (SOME), honorable cause, this inavsion and Usamma�s in Afganisthan had no reason of honour, it just conform to the economic and oil agenda of the Neocons.
Now there are 1027 families in the US grieving the loss of some member of their families. and almost 3500 injured or mutilated, for what???

WMD? Nope
Ussama Nope
Democracy in Iraq (come on none of the countries over there has ANY democracy)

So Imagine your Brother, sister, Son or Daughter over there, imagine the desperation of not having news of him/her, or worse having to recieve the "call" We are very unfortunate and regret to inform you that _____fill here______ has been killed in action____bla bla bla......

Just think about it......I think Id go crazy

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal
I talked to my brother who was moved from Beyji, Iraq to Tikrit, Iraq. Those men over there have no idea what they are fighting for. They don't feel support from their homeland and they are well aware that Iraq has no WMD's.

This is the same propaganda was spread about the troops in Vietnam. The troops are not as stupid as some would have us believe. Troops are often cut off from the day to day reports and may not know what the big picture is, but you can't convince me that they don't know what is going on. We did in Vietnam, even when our "friends" at home were telling everyone the very opposite.

Contrary to what Hanoi John told America, we were winning the war when we left the country and we left within a few weeks of each other.

The same anti-American propaganda machine that was at work during Vietnam is at work now, fueled by zcheng and company and their fellow-travellers.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
I for one would much rather have these bastards fighting U.S. service men in Iraq, than in Maryland, or Pennsylvania, or New York.

What horsecrap is this, as if that makes sense. As if they can't do both.

[edit on 9/17/2004 by s13guy]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by nanna_of_6
Bush is the "spawn" of Satan, Bush has sold his soul to get where he is today and has been for nearly four years,....... your right dgtempe, when you said,"The devil is loose folks, alive and kicking in Washington DC ", you are so right.

Nanna, check out this thread I posted awhile ago, it's interesting to read:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Man, I'm still shocked at how connected to what I was thinking today on my way home from WalMart in my post before this one and then you gave me that other "thread to check out and the "URL" link to that other site, WOW, it's been a long time since I've had a "ESP" vibe but boy this one turned out to be a big one and I don't like what I know to be true about the devil's spawn and that IT IS "George Walker Bush"

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by s13guy

I for one would much rather have these bastards fighting U.S. service men in Iraq, than in Maryland, or Pennsylvania, or New York.

What kind of horsecrap is this??? As if they can't do both

Not if we keep them busy enough over there.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by s13guy

What kind of horsecrap is this??? As if they can't do both

Not if we keep them busy enough over there.

if you honestly believe that about terrorists, than your in dire need of a reality check Old Man

[edit on 9/17/2004 by s13guy]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
This is the same propaganda was spread about the troops in Vietnam. The troops are not as stupid as some would have us believe. Troops are often cut off from the day to day reports and may not know what the big picture is, but you can't convince me that they don't know what is going on. We did in Vietnam, even when our "friends" at home were telling everyone the very opposite.

What are you talking about? My grandmother wouldn't send my father (who was in Vietnam and got blown up) local newspapers because of all the filth being spewed about how terrible our soldiers were for "bombing babies" over there.

As far as them not getting day to day reports, what a bunch of crap, my brother saw Farenheit 9/11, hes in Iraq, I live in the US and I haven't even seen it yet. They aren't as uniformed as they were in the days of Vietnam. They know more than you think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join