It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laura Bush heckled by Mother of Slain American Soldier

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Okay everyone, I finally understand what Grady is saying. Grady, you got some help from me here.

If you want to support the troops, if you want to honor the dead, then all you have to do is say:

"BRING 'EM ON! COME AND KILL US! HA HA HA!"

"And Bush, thank you so much for sending my kids to war! I will be forever grateful for you making my children die for your own agenda!

-Gradyphilpott

Seriously, I've never seen someone so eager to go to war like Gradyphilpott.

[edit on 18-9-2004 by sweatmonicaIdo]

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
yea right?

nothing makes people in fear of being decapitated
happier then having their commander in chief yell:
"Bring it on!" from the safety of his underground bunker.

It's a shame Grady The Imposter Vietnam Veteran (oops I mean
REAL soldier) isn't in Iraq. He'd be whoopin' butt likes theres
no tomarrow!

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bushblows
no tomarrow!

Ms. Bush

My service is real and those who have served know that it is real. We have a language all our own, much like the marxists who post so frequently here. Just because most people who post here create cartoon personnas, doesn't mean we all do.

I present myself as I am, except for my name. You may feel free to read my profile, read my posts and/or follow them and, in doing so, you will see a consistency unlike those who present only a cartoon self. But, you'd never know because you haven't ever done anything of significance for your liberty and you wouldn't know a veteran if one walked up and bit you on the buttocks.

It's interesting how those who are so liberal and sensitive are always the one's who start with the insults when their arguments fail. You're as transparent as your sister monica.

[edit on 04/9/18 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

(ready?)

ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR -
SEND THE BUSH GIRLS OFF TO WAR!

ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR -
SEND THE BUSH GIRLS OFF TO WAR!

Agreed, fully and whole heartedly.
It was mentioned by DeepRiverGal that some people no longer believe in the United States government, I believe in the Governemt, I just keep wondering when we are going to get a President. I haven't seen one in almost 4 years!

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Ms. Bush

My service is real and those who have served know that it is real. We have a language all our own, much like the marxists who post so frequently here. Just because most people who post here create cartoon personnas, doesn't mean we all do.

I present myself as I am, except for my name. You may feel free to read my profile, read my posts and/or follow them and, in doing so, you will see a consistency unlike those who present only a cartoon self. But, you'd never know because you haven't ever done anything of significance for your liberty and you wouldn't know a veteran if one walked up and bit you on the buttocks.

It's interesting how those who are so liberal and sensitive are always the one's who start with the insults when their arguments fail. You're as transparent as your sister monica.

Just keep them Iraqis comin'! We're ready to have our innards shredded for you and Mr. Bush!

Really, why not go over there and fight. We'd have a lot more respect if you wne to Iraq and kicked som @$$ (like you can :lol

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Grady going to war? Well, here is a gay republican. It doesn't make any sense.

Anyways, she is arrested because she didn't sign the Loyalty Oath/Soul Selling pact and then had the balls to speak out against Bush. How dare SHE! GOD SPEAKS TO BUSH! So says Bush anyways.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   

no tomarrow!

This is directly disrespetful to another poster. Note there's no violation in criticising or questioning a poster's motivation or stated "record" ... however to directly accuse or conditionally imply someone is an imposter (without any sincere evidence) soley for the purpose of insulting them is not acceptable.

It happens unfortunately to both pro and anti war veterans, and really needs to stop in our particular community. We're grown ups (and aspiring grown ups)
and request a bit more mutual respect for our community members than your average board. I hope the effort to keep it civil is understood and appreciated.

An indirectly related observation is that some of the unwarranted criticism may come from frustration due to many, many posters basing the sole thrust of their argument's on their own "war records" (like some politicians), and might consider that when they continue to draw fire.

But the insults are still intolerable.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Rant you are so right in your remarks about people and their lack of respect for others as well as their need to imply others are imposters or lying. I feel that quite a few postings on this thread is so juvenile that they appear to be done by elementary school kids.

I want to thank you for noting this situation I am appalled by some of the things people put on threads. I love it when posters on ATS have points to make whether I agree with them or not, but when they are just out to taunt other posters it spoils things for others.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Please tell us all, to our faces, why we supposedly "want" the U.S. to be defeated. Because I think you're just using that as a poor excuse for us being against the war.

Your continued opposition to the war can only mean that you do not support a victory in Iraq, especially when you clamor for an immediate withdrawal, as many do. Your reasoning is completely beyond me. Each person would have to provide me with his own logic. Motive can only be known by the actor and cannot be attributed by an observer.

Do you go to a football game claiming to support your team, while sitting in the opposing teams section rooting loudly for the opposing team?

Thank you very much! You just proved my point.

You have NO IDEA why YOU THINK we want the U.S. to lose. Talk about your all-time stupid comments.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
RANT,

I certainly agree, questioning war records, true or false, is over the edge.

However, I think flaunting one's war record is over the edge as well.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
Rant you are so right in your remarks about people and their lack of respect for others as well as their need to imply others are imposters or lying. I feel that quite a few postings on this thread is so juvenile that they appear to be done by elementary school kids.

I want to thank you for noting this situation I am appalled by some of the things people put on threads. I love it when posters on ATS have points to make whether I agree with them or not, but when they are just out to taunt other posters it spoils things for others.

Chances are, it only spoiled things for you.

Onlly one statement was really juvenile, rest of it was warranted and well-recieved. It all depends on how you recieve it.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Let's not forget the man who was wearing a t shirt at cheney's speech ...

I saw it on the news, these republicans carry the same double standard the liberals do about free speech...

As long as it goes along with their thought pattern it's fine...

I am sickened by these sheep yes sheep their so god damn brainwashed...

My husband shows clear signs of it, i'll add a pinch of ignorance in the mix...

They want to hear what they want to hear, they feel comfortable living in their box. If you talk to them like they can handle being outside the box, think again.

They'll shut you down, or just say yep yep yep to appease you, or what happened at the speech where they cover the guys' mouth and bring him to the ground...

Is freedom of speech a farce??

Man, i'm glad I belong to the libertarian party now... At least these people know that A is A, no exceptions.

I guess republicans and demorcrats set out to grab hold of the hypocrits in this country... if I ever get married again, i'll know who not to be with...

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lmgnyc
The invasion of Iraq is for imperialistic reasons, pure and simple. In this day and age, that is no longer a good enough reason to send people to die.

You just ignore the facts and keep repeating the same old marxist lies. Marxists always betray themselves with their vocabulary. Bush, Kerry and Rodham Clinton, all make very good reasons why Saddam needed to be removed from power regardless of his connections to al Qeada.

As for al Qaeda connections, the 9/11 Commission noted that they existed even if a direct link between 9/11 and Saddam could not be proven.

Check out these links. Not that your anti-American bias could ever be shaken:

www.opinionjournal.com...

www.newamericancentury.org...

Oh please, don't even start mentioning this Stephen Hayes BS. Stephen Hayes = Douglas Feith = the same lies all over again. I think that this article sums up the issues with the Hayes theory adequately-- www.washingtonpost.com...
Again, read Woodward's "Path to War" and you'll see a better picture of the problems with this intelligence being from untrustworthy, questionable and unproven sources. I think that it is an incredible stretch to cite the Hayes theory and inconclusive findings of the 9/11 commission on the link (also using the problematic intelligence) as the smoking gun to justify the war in Iraq. What is even more amazing is that Cheney is still going around making speeches saying that Saddam had "strong Al Qaeda ties" (see below.) That is beyond misleading--that is lying.
msnbc.msn.com...

And again, the statements that Kerry, Rodham Clinton and others made regarding the need to immediately attack Iraq were based on the evidence that there was an immediate threat from WMDs--much of which was later proved to be exaggerated and false. The claims made regarding the fact the Saddam could be dangerous at some point in the future were true--however why attack Iraq when we were already at war with Al Qaeda? And why is the public still being told that we invaded Iraq to go after the terrorists that were responsible for 9/11 when it is clear that Saddam Hussein was not behind what happened that day or responsible for the rise of terrorism around the world? If that was true, removing him from power would have lessened the threat from terrorism around the world--and that is far from the case.

Also, I think you should look up the definition of Marxism because you don't understand what the term means. Just because I oppose Bush's policies does not mean that I am trying to change America into a communist state. And just because I oppose Bush's policies does not make me anti-American either.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Someone please let me know of a politician who hasn't sold his soul to the devil, and prove it, and I will do cartwheels right here on ATS.

It is pathetic that this woman was arrested. GWB should get his boys in line, and end this type of garbage.

I also feelt he war in Iraq was wrong. I have posted many threads to that effect. So let's look at who is in our leadership that has sons and adughters that aren't serving. I have an idea, look at those who authorized the vote to go to war, as well as in the administration.

But I would like to offer a thought. A college education was ONE of the reasons I enlisted, but not the only. Most of our volunteers are not the poor wretched of society with no other choice. I realize that there are some, but not the majority. I also served because I was raised that my country has given a lot of freedom to me, and that I should give something in return.

Please be careful not to insult many who serve by implying they are victims of society. It does their service a dis-service.

The Spider

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Also, I think you should look up the definition of Marxism because you don't understand what the term means. Just because I oppose Bush's policies does not mean that I am trying to change America into a communist state. And just because I oppose Bush's policies does not make me anti-American either.

Its ok Imgnyc, Grady calls everyone that disagree's with him Marxist. You are right, people should not throw words like that around at others as he does.

Grady...I thoroughly explained to you what the definition of a "Marxist" is in another post. Why do you continue to call people this if you have no evidence of them being so and do not understand the definition of it yourself? I just don't understand. At first it was a little amusing that you would throw a term like that around with no basis for your claims, but now after many people have repeatedly explained to you what the real defintion is you still use it. Like I say, at first it was a little amusing, but now its just getting annoying. If we took a show of hands of how many people you have called a "Marxist" I'm sure an entire 5 page thread would be filled.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I have sympathy for this grieving mother and it was not right for her to be arrested. She is emotionally distressed with the loss of her son. Any loving mother would be rightly so. At the same time, she should remember her son as being honorable in the call of duty. He served and sacrificed his life for what he believed in. I feel positively sure that he believed in what he was doing, and it was to protect her right to live a life, free from frear of attacks by our enemies. Not only her, but the rest of his family and friends families that live here.

The crowd should have also had sympathy for her. She lost her child for crying out loud!

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   

And again, the statements that Kerry, Rodham Clinton and others made regarding the need to immediately attack Iraq were based on the evidence that there was an immediate threat from WMDs--much of which was later proved to be exaggerated and false.

The quotes from Kerry and Rodham Clinton are from speeches in which they argue against an immediate invasion of Iraq. The point was that everyone was working with the same information and there was no division between the parties as to whether Saddam had WMDs. Thus, my argument that Bush did not lie.

The claims made regarding the fact the Saddam could be dangerous at some point in the future were true--however why attack Iraq when we were already at war with Al Qaeda?

Honestly, I am not in a position to make such a determination. As a loyal American, I trust that my leaders will make the best decsions that they can and that I will do my best if called to act on the decisions of my leaders, regardless of party.

And why is the public still being told that we invaded Iraq to go after the terrorists that were responsible for 9/11 when it is clear that Saddam Hussein was not behind what happened that day or responsible for the rise of terrorism around the world?

This is the decision of the leadership. Again, we must trust that they will make the best decision they can with what they know. They need to trust that we will not throw up our hands and run away, if things don't work out exactly as planned. We stand loyally together, so that we can move forward to achieve our objective.

Also, I think you should look up the definition of Marxism because you don't understand what the term means.

I have studied Marx intensely. I have studied the movements which have been spawned by marxism and I have studied and have been immersed in their tactics. I have been trained by them in their ideology. I know whereof I speak.

Just because I oppose Bush's policies does not mean that I am trying to change America into a communist state.

You should study Marx and marxism so that you will know when you are using the language of the enemy and so that you can recognize the enemy in any venue. Opposing Bush does not make you a marxist, but you should know enough to know not to align yourself with those who would make the US a communist state. You know, like John Kerry did.

And just because I oppose Bush's policies does not make me anti-American either.

I would be the last to assert such a thing, but supporting Kerry is getting dangerously close and failing to understand that you cannot separate the war from the warriors is getting closer. You cannot support one without supporting the other. Sometimes you have to subjugate your personal goals and opinions to a greater good.

You are free to support Kerry and you are free to vote for him. It is a secret ballot. No one need ever know. But, you should know who this man is and what he has done. There is an old saying, "A leopard cannot change his spots."

Bush may have moved sooner when he should have move later, but the burden of leadership was on his shoulders and as he said in his State of the Union speech, he did not intend to allow our enemies to mount an offensive against us while we waited for an "imminent" threat when the new enemies were not in the habit of giving fair warning.

Consider if you had that burden on your shouders and whether or not you would have been willing to continue playing cat and mouse with a two-bit thug with a history of using weapons of mass destruction against his enemies and his countrymen alike. I don't know, maybe that's your idea of character and patriotism. Kerry acted against his own nation in a very similar way. I shudder to think if he might have had WMDs at his disposal in 1971.

The world is full of pitfalls. Many of those whom you think are your friends are not your friends. Sometimes they will prey upon your own fears to make you feel they are on your side. They will tell you everything you want to hear because, what do they care? If making you feel a part of something bigger than yourself and reinforcing all your illusions will get you to support their cause, what do they care?

I think it was Lenin, maybe Trotsky, who spoke of his "useful idiots." The idea is to get you to go along for your own misguided and selfish reasons to support a cause that is ultimately designed to cause your own demise. There is a long history of that--China, Russia, Korea, Vietnam, Cuba. Where was their freedom under communism?

When was the communist dream ever fulfilled. It didn't end when the Berlin Wall fell. Many movements in America are remnants of the marxists movement. They're still active; they still exploit our weaknesses. They still seek to divide and conquer.

It's a confusing world and it's hard to make the right decision, but when someone tells you that you should call your country's efforts toward defense and security imperialistic and you really can't find a history of imperialism in your country's history, maybe you ought to think just a little harder. When you think of imperialism, you should really think in terms of the British Empire, Japanese Empire, the global expansion of communism and some others and ask yourself if America fits that model.

It took courage and commitment for George W. Bush to make the decisions he made in these times of peril. Those who oppose him are siding with our enemies, even if they don't realize it, because they are, in effect, siding with Saddam and those like him who would re-enslave Iraq. War takes courage and commitment and ours is waning.

It has been suggested that I should not rely on my experience to counsel others, but I have heard the same lies that you are falling for today. With every passing generation the distrust and contempt of our citizens for our nation grows stronger. This kind of self loathing is not rational and it is not healthy for inidivduals or nations.

What is the future you desire for yourself and your progeny? What are you willing to sacrifice for the liberty of your progeny? Shall they always live in fear of terrorism because a leader thought jurisprudence was the best way? Or that we should wait until the threat was imminent? What will you say to your children or your grandchildren when they asked what it was like to live without fear?

One more thing. Pay close attention to zcheng. He is an avowed marxist. His hero is Mao Zedong who is responsible for the murder of forty million people who did not fit his model of progressive culture. His tactics are classic. He says little. He just sows the seeds of doubt wherever he can. He doesn't believe the nonsense he posts, he just wants you to mistrust your government. He's not a lunatic. He's intelligent and deliberate.

He doesn't care how many times he gets shot down, because he knows that the more times he tells a lie the more likely it will be believed. He knows that no matter how many times he tells a lie, it will never become the truth. It doesn't have to. All it take is for you to doubt--to hesitate at the moment of truth. Watch him closely, he will teach everything you need to know and how to avoid the people you need to avoid.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
Its ok Imgnyc, Grady calls everyone that disagree's with him Marxist.

This is untrue. A person has to sound like a marxist and act like a marxist to get this term applied. If a person doesn't like the title, then they should get their act together, because they're hanging out with the wrong crowd.

You think you know more than I do, Jazzerman, but you are wrong. I have lived in the belly of the beast. You are naive and pseudo-sophisticated. You would do well to listen to my wise counsel.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   

This is untrue. A person has to sound like a marxist and act like a marxist to get this term applied. If a person doesn't like the title, then they should get their act together, because they're hanging out with the wrong crowd.

You think you know more than I do, Jazzerman, but you are wrong. I have lived in the belly of the beast. You are naive and pseudo-sophisticated. You would do well to listen to my wise counsel.

Actually, form what you write, you know NOTHING. You claim to know what Marxism, yet everything you write contradicts it.

Plus, you still hold the absolutely atrocious idea that if we don't agree with Bush or you, we are anti-American and we want America to fall and die.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Plus, you still hold the absolutely atrocious idea that if we don't agree with Bush or you, we are anti-American and we want America to fall and die.

Whence comes your wisdom, monica? When you don't support your country during times of peril, what do you call it?

I'm not saying that you necessarily want America to fall and die, but those are the stakes. Whose side are you on?

I hate to be so polar, but you know sometimes it comes down to whose side you're on, you know.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join