It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laura Bush heckled by Mother of Slain American Soldier

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal
They aren't as uniformed as they were in the days of Vietnam. They know more than you think.

That is exactly what I said.

The troops are not as stupid as some would have us believe. Troops are often cut off from the day to day reports and may not know what the big picture is, but you can't convince me that they don't know what is going on.

If you're engaged in day to day combat, you might not have the luxury of catching the "CBS Evening News with Dan Rather" everyday, but you have ways of catching up and, in fact, knowing more than the people at home.

My parents sent me an article telling more about the operation I was on than I knew at the time, but I knew things about the operation they will never understand.

Get it?

[edit on 04/9/17 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The fact that they would arrest her while she was talking with reporters shows how LOW this nation has SUNK under the Bush administration. Once the poor woman who had lost her son was out of the rally what business did they have arresting her? These are people without Souls.

Freedom of speech is being CRUSHED under the
POLICE STATE of Ashcroft and GEORGE WEASEL BUSH

All this so the privileged few like Laura Bush can dump her spiel without interuption.

Let all TRUE PATRIOTS stand up against this travesty.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Gradyphilpott,

For a Marine, you are absolutely disgraceful. Here we are talking about a woman who doesn't understand why her son had to die like that, and you are acting like this is some political conspiracy instigated by Kerry.

Do people see anything beyond politics anymore?

Flame away.

I Agree wholeheartedly with you. My bro in law was absolutely appalled at what grady said. He was in marines for 10 yrs & was in recon and was in the gulf war. He called grady "a disgrace to the uniform" .

take that old man =P

He also called him "a poor ambassador to ATS"

[edit on 9/17/2004 by s13guy]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Gradyphilpott,

For a Marine, you are absolutely disgraceful. Here we are talking about a woman who doesn't understand why her son had to die like that, and you are acting like this is some political conspiracy instigated by Kerry.

Do people see anything beyond politics anymore?

Flame away.

You should be careful whom you call disgraceful. What do you know of Marines? When you have seen what I have seen and experienced what I have experienced in the cause of liberty, then you might presume to judge me, monica. Until such time, you would do well to study hard and hope that someday you might have earned the right to be called Marine.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Folks there is only one real Marine

The rest of us are anti-american nut cases! How many times do you have to be told?

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

The world is full of real Marines, you see them everyday quietly going about their business, standing up for the ideals and values the Corps instilled in them. Just as I do.

Have we run out of arguments and find ourselves reduced to ridicule as our only defense?

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Have we run out of arguments and find ourselves reduced to ridicule as our only defense?

You know that a damn good question. Can we cut the hostillity folks?

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
We are talking about a grieving mother and a dead child. If you cannot find in your heart any sensitivity for this topic I am afraid that you will be ridiculed.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   

We are talking about a grieving mother and a dead child. If you cannot find in your heart any sensitivity for this topic I am afraid that you will be ridiculed.

I have made no comment about this woman and her loss. The discussion has not been exclusively about her and those are the elements of the thread I have addressed.

And I don't believe that her having lost a child under any circumstances justifies all subsequent behavior.

I am sorry for her loss and grateful for her son's contribution to liberty.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Unless you're a mother, you will never know the bond between mother and child.

Oh, I guess this explains the abortion movement and child abuse and abandonment.

[edit on 04/9/17 by GradyPhilpott]

Karma sucks Mr. Philpott.
You should think about what you say.

How about those mothers who sacrificed and prayed and loved and had to kiss that goodbye for what........................

[edit on 17-9-2004 by Tesla]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   

The world is full of real Marines, you see them everyday quietly going about their business, standing up for the ideals and values the Corps instilled in them. Just as I do.

My dad was a Marine in WWII and Korea.... he wore a bracelet for a MIA in Vietnam for years...... Semper Fi....

You couldn't even shine his shoes , much less walk in them..... I'm glad he isn't here to see what has come to this country.

The 2000 election was enough to kill him!!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tesla
[Karma sucks Mr. Philpott

I'm not quite sure what you mean, Mr. Tesla, father of direct current, but I spent five years of my life in Child Protective Services and I still work with abused children. If you had seen what I have seen, the very idea of maternal instinct would be ludicrous to you. It certainly doesn't make opaque the political motives of some.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Let's get back to the topic NOW.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
People are still allowed to have children that they don't want I wonder whos fault is that. We live in a society of duble standars.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tesla

My dad was a Marine in WWII and Korea.... he wore a bracelet for a MIA in Vietnam for years...... Semper Fi....

You couldn't even shine his shoes , much less walk in them..... I'm glad he isn't here to see what has come to this country.

I would not presume to judge your father, except that as a Marine, we do share a bond, unknown by most. I don't think he would be anymore willing to shine my shoes than I would be to shine his--unless he asked me nicely.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
There are women out there who leave their babies in a hot parked car with the windows rolled up all day and then they REMEMBER, when its too late.

Im no supermother, but I cant even immagine, under the worse circumstances forgetting my children. There are people for every situation in this world. I would still say most mothers have a bond with their children that no one can possibly begin to know unless you're a mother yourself. I think this heckler was so traumatized that she did only thing she was able to do, short of going on national tv ( not that easy), she made a tshirt and wore it to express her feelings of loss. They could have pulled her back and silenced her, but instead they arrest her. Add insult to injury. She was probably treated like an animal. But, on the bright side, now her story is national news and opening up some eyes.
I feel extremely sad for this lady. Im sorry for her loss.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Okay.. this is starting to get out of hand, fooks.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
To bring this back to the topic, I quote the article:

Since her son's death, the bereaved mother has spoken out repeatedly against the ongoing Iraq conflict. She is active in an anti-war protest group, Military Families Speak Out.

The Pittsburgh Independent Media Center reports she recently participated
in demonstrations around the Republican National Convention in New York.

In March, The Toronto Star reported that she appeared outside Walter Reed Army Hospital in Washington, D.C. where many of the wounded soldiers are treated; Dover Air Force base where soldier remains arrive; and shouting at Secretary of State Colin Powell's motorcade after a speech at Princeton University.

I think these actions go far beyond bereavement and move into the area of politcal action. I am sorry for her loss, but at this time, she is using her loss to further her agenda. I think her son would be ashamed of her actions and I certainly would be if my mother acted in this way.

Her son died with honor for his country. He was a not only a volunteer, but an officer. He deserves a better tribute than this.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   

You should be careful whom you call disgraceful. What do you know of Marines? When you have seen what I have seen and experienced what I have experienced in the cause of liberty, then you might presume to judge me, monica. Until such time, you would do well to study hard and hope that someday you might have earned the right to be called Marine.

Yeah, accusing a grieving mother of grieving for politics, that's what a Marine does? Is that what the Corps taught you?

I seriously hope they didn't. And guess what, you may I have earned the title, but earning something means nothing unless you live up to it.

Can you do that? So far, you haven't.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I think these actions go far beyond bereavement and move into the area of politcal action. I am sorry for her loss, but at this time, she is using her loss to further her agenda. I think her son would be ashamed of her actions and I certainly would be if my mother acted in this way.

Her son died with honor for his country. He was a not only a volunteer, but an officer. He deserves a better tribute than this.

Okay...

And what exactly is her agenda?

To prevent unnecessary wars!!

You're upset about the fact she runs an anti-war group. So yeah, she shouldn't use her own son, or anybody's death. Ooh, conspiracy!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join