It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When a scientist say,"WTF=Where're the Flares?",do you think the Big One is coming?..Next Days.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by Phage

Sorry my mistake"magnetic storms"

I stated that before,NO BIG DEAL just a small issue,so small as some....

edit on 15-2-2012 by diamondsmith because: ,

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
reply to post by karen61057

Poel reversals are real.

Here is something for u to chew on.

www.nasa.gov...

Did you see somewhere where I said they are not? Good, neither did I.
However and I say this again, they ain't swinging around every three or four months like you'd think from this web site. The ones occurring on the sun are normal and so far our faithful Sol has not burned us to a crisp. There is no fossil record of a great burning up of the planet so its probably safe to assume that its not going to happen any time soon and if and when it ever does, there will be no record, fossil or otherwise, to warn any future generations because there wont be any planet left for future generations.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Unless you're a bird or a turtle a pole flip isn't going to bother you.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

A large flare or any earth directed flare takes a while to get here
The Carringnton Event CME flare it took eighteen hours to get here,we do not have very much time at disposal, as the time to shut down all the power will take more then 24 hours...in order to work back,of course.

Truth here so take little bites at first.
An earth directed CME will not hit the entire planet. The whole planet does not face the sun at the same time. So reduce the affected area by about 3/4 because probably less than that amount of the planet will be directly affected.
Add in local plans for black outs and how things are handled when things like that occur and this brings this down to an entirely manageable event.
It is likely that it would not even hit a populated area or an area high in technology, in that case its business as usual.
There is always another way to look at things. For balance and safety its best to seek out a few before making up your mind about how things work especially if not doing so leads you to live in fear.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I said it depends on the angle of strike, but probably this will be the most dangerous.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

It would be less of a disaster for a poor, technology lacking society than for one dependent on electricity for every move they make dont you think? If they dont have electrical grids and computerized industries what problems do they face with this type of event ? You're not pushing a coppertone moment are you ? French fried people ? That's not what a solar flare even the worst types is. Sorry. Any emission from the sun that kills us will be super nova in nature and thats all she wrote for us if that occurs so no need for prep in that case but I do not think you are speaking of an event like that.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

You're not pushing a coppertone moment are you ? French fried people ? That's not what a solar flare even the worst types is.
I've said before,everything will be about the technological disaster as a consequence of absence of power.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
the "wtf" in the charts is like whoa.... this is now REAL....

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Hey guys take a look at the chart again, just in this moment i noticed the activity go extremly low and is suddenly spiking up out of nowhere. Is this normal?

www.lmsal.com...
edit on 15-2-2012 by Anim8tr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

had to log in to reply this but i noticed right after the wtf note the graph completely changes from periodic uprisings in each bar to having multiple in the last one if that makes sense to all you

havnt been through all 12 pages maybe its been addressed or was simple enough... i didnt notice it right away anyways but still not sure what all those graphs are supposed to represent or what we need to be worrying about tho they dont seem usual

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska
ARGH!! NOOOOO! NO NO NO NO!!

Read it again, underneath the scientist actually writes WTF = Where're The Flares of course.....(and NOT What The Fudge)

He explains it himself in black and white, really, why are people so determind to read something into nothing??

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska
Yes it is REAL and will become a nightmare...very soon.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

Is this normal
They are readable as there are many variable one depending the other in order to get the big picture,but no it is not good what they are showing.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

You don't even understand what you're looking at in those charts. You simply saw a dull attempt at humor by a lab tech while grinding out statistics, and then ran with it. Nothing is going to happen, nothing will ever happen. I'm sorry you want to see the world end, but most people like the world. Sane, rational people that can look at a graph without coming to the instant doomsayer conclusion.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Orderamongchaos

You don't even understand what you're looking at in those chart
Those charts I scientifically interpreted in another thread of mine as requested.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Nothing is going to happen, nothing will ever happen.
I hope not but already is.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Miccey

Read my "TEXT": THERE ARE NO MONEY... "Money is only a digital illusion...."

Money is any object or record that is generally accepted as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts in a given country or socio-economic context.[1][2][3] The main functions of money are distinguished as: a medium of exchange; a unit of account; a store of value; and, occasionally in the past, a standard of deferred payment.[4][5] Any kind of object or secure verifiable record that fulfills these functions can serve as money.
source(en.wikipedia.org...

Hehe, you´r in for a big surprise if the comunications and powers
go down..

Im not getting paid in cash by the end of each month, are you?
So i go to the stores AFTER the hit and try buy some milk with
my VISA and they say...No way my friend...But, but ihave money
honest..I do...In the bank, on their computers...Yea, sorry...Loooser

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

Hehe, you´r in for a big surprise if the comunications and powers go down..
I know this for a long time long before anyone ever dream to think about,why do you think they are buying gold.They are wrong,there are some other things to buy......as I know.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Honestly, this thread is interesting with regards to looking at the data, but no, there is no threat on the horizon based on this data. It sounds like a few people in this thread are really cherry picking with their words and are in awe of just how-things-work. There is little to nothing to be concerned about, and what we're seeing now is normal, I assure you.

Whether the Sun will break out in a few weeks or few months with 150-200 sunspots, I don't know, and you don't either. The Sun is one of those things that works more random than we'd like to believe. What you might get in rotation might be totally different than the other when things are easing toward the peak of the Sun cycle. Right now we're experiencing a "low" period, and we were experiencing a coronal hole stream.

CH501 will affect us soon as well, to which things will become more unsettled again.

The induction of energy that you see as mysterious appears normal to me, though an unknown induction of energy is not unheard of, but the coronal hole stream was the baddie here earlier. It's not just flares, magnetic filaments can erupt and can send a whirl of wind and plasma our way, too.

The "Where're the Flares" could be hinting at the telemetry or other measuring tools having had experienced downtime or have went down for reasons unknown. This is not unheard of.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Nothing is going to happen, nothing will ever happen.
I hope not but already is.

Incorrect.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join