It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Promised, Alonzo Typer Checking In

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by desertfox32
Sorry for the short post. But do you think the OP is going to reply back? Cause i don't think he has posted since the first page, am i right?

Probably not, but then again he might, who knows? He may be a glutton for punishment but seeing that he's stated that he's not really forum saavy and has a real life, if he did, you guys (maybe not you but others) probably would then hold that against him as being inconsistent.

You can go to his profile and click on posts to see all of his posts on this thread. Here's his last 2, the frustration is showing.

Originally posted by AlonzoTyper
You may pick apart every piece of my story if you like. I honestly do not care, I'm simply trying to reference unusual things that occured during my lifetime.

First everyone wanted to know details on so called craft I had seen.

Now, everyone is going to pick apart my details of WWII and try to use that to take away any credibility. If I would have known World War II was going to be the focal point, I would have just taken the time to sit down and dictate every last detail so there would be no doubters.

Once again, my mistake.

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
In your defense I have to say something.

My business deals in antiques and historical documents. One of my favorite niches is WW2 Era items and documents. I'm also a big fan of the era and it's culture, lingo, etc. Some people may not notice what I do but your written 'mannerisms' are in line with someone of your age who was involved in the military or of that era.

Little things you say pop out at me. They're sublime and may be unnoticed by the average person, but I'm picking up on them.

Just a thought.

I do appreciate your support.

As I have previously stated, I am not here to deceive anyone. Only to tell a story

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Thanks for clearing that up for me i'm just withholding judgment, until i get some more information. But i would like to see some of his answers to the questions that we have posted. But like you said we might never know if he doesn't come back. So time to play the waiting game.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
After reading his OP again, he's clearly a hoaxer. He uses words such as "crank out", "doubters" and refers multiple times to his "grandchildren" helping him because he doesn't know how to use a forum.

These are clear indications the person was born after 1980.

It's also a bit too much for me to believe that this guy is so clueless about computers and yet uses the moniker Alonzo Typer. As you know, Alonzo Church was one of the inventors of Type Theory. Also "checking in" from the title is something every programmer does regularly. You check code in to a version control repository. So the guy is probably a computer scientist, and certainly not an engineer. He's probably a bored graduate student.

It's a hoax.
edit on 14-2-2012 by XtraTL because: More info

edit on 14-2-2012 by XtraTL because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2012 by XtraTL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by desertfox32

Thanks for clearing that up for me i'm just withholding judgment, until i get some more information. But i would like to see some of his answers to the questions that we have posted. But like you said we might never know if he doesn't come back. So time to play the waiting game.

I think a lot of people's expectations for this thread and others like it are different from the OPs. Most of the time, people just want to post their stories for others to read. Looks like that may be the case here. And nothing is wrong with that. I think a lot of times people on ATS expect a discussion with OP when there's none to be had, blame the OP when, if you read the OP he stated he just wanted to tell his story. You may just have to read the story and accept it as "interesting", which it is! (At least to me.)
edit on 14/2/2012 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddy21
The Man is 90 years old... He could easily have a memory problem...

90 year old vets also can't type or use technology like we use today. That said, they has to be someone else typing for him and editing as he goes along telling of this story while fluffing it up along the way.

I have not yet met one single 90 year old that clearly speaks like they write. Heck, not one 90 year old I have met uses the computer....it is usually their son or daughter, or even grandchild that does this technology stuff for them.

The more people support OP trolls like this the more I get sick of this ATS website for promoting such literate garbage.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Mr. Typer ,Thank you so much for your wonderful story that i believe to be true i sent you a msg i think you may know the name of this man im sending or even have served with him in fact im sure will know..thank you,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

It is one heck of a story at this point! I give the OP that.
edit on 14-2-2012 by desertfox32 because: Grammar

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Yes but he did say..

I have many more stories I would like to share, and I promise this is only the beginning. But, please respect the fact that I am of age, and do suffer from health afflictions. This submission took me literally three days of expending all of my energy on this task. My grandchildren were kind enough to assist with the citations, references, and over all organization of my submittal.

Hope that clears it up for you..Looking forward to more of your story,Mr Typer

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by maddy21
The Man is 90 years old... He could easily have a memory problem...

90 year old vets also can't type or use technology like we use today. That said, they has to be someone else typing for him and editing as he goes along telling of this story while fluffing it up along the way.

I have not yet met one single 90 year old that clearly speaks like they write. Heck, not one 90 year old I have met uses the computer....it is usually their son or daughter, or even grandchild that does this technology stuff for them.

The more people support OP trolls like this the more I get sick of this ATS website for promoting such literate garbage.

Well, I'm very happy to report that my father, who is 86, uses the computer quite regularly (every day
) and types amazingly well seeing that he only learned to type after around 1990 when secretaries became executive assistants.
He'll probably live past 100 if family longevity continues the way it has in the past. So, you see, we're all colored by our own perceptions which are colored by our experiences.

Just because you don't know any 90 year olds that are in excellent health, doesn't mean that there aren't any.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Look, I am only human,
I was going to bed but you posted too fast.

You cut out my post on your last reply.
And now you post his apologist reply's.
BS.
The guy has not responded in 10 pages.

"Give the guy a break"
"He is 90 years old"
"He can't remember everything"

BUT again, and I swear, the last time:

If he cannot remember if he was a radio operator on a B-25 or chipping (sanding) and painting Yorktown class carrier hulls, as he said. And was there with the Doolittle raids?

Then what the heck do you want????

Ohhhhh. he knew and was best friends with Gordon Cooper the Astronaut and the "secret" UFO films that were sent to the Pentagon. (source?).

Read all of the posts, please.

Again, out, I really mean it this time.

Tom

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomdham

Look, I am only human,
I was going to bed but you posted too fast.

You cut out my post on your last reply.
And now you post his apologist reply's.
BS.
The guy has not responded in 10 pages.

"Give the guy a break"
"He is 90 years old"
"He can't remember everything"

BUT again, and I swear, the last time:

If he cannot remember if he was a radio operator on a B-25 or chipping (sanding) and painting Yorktown class carrier hulls, as he said. And was there with the Doolittle raids?

Then what the heck do you want????

Ohhhhh. he knew and was best friends with Gordon Cooper the Astronaut and the "secret" UFO films that were sent to the Pentagon. (source?).

Read all of the posts, please.

Again, out, I really mean it this time.

Tom

I'm a little confused by your post. I'm not sure what you saying. Sleep is a good thing!

Sleep well!

ETA: and don't you dare respond to me... you need the sleep! lol (just kidding...)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Once I was allowed to exit the elevator and remove my blindfold, I was mesmerized. The craft that was sitting in front of me, and the people working on its various parts were far, far more advanced than anything I had seen in my years working with the Lockheed “Skunkworks Program” or Boeing’s “Phantom Works” program. What I saw was an air craft of incredible design.

You reference that that this event happened "at the height of the cold war," then allude that you had never seen anything in your years working for Boeing's Phantom Works Program.

Boeing created the Phantom Works division after merging with McDonnell Douglas... after 1997. The Cold War had been over for years.

What explanation do you have for this discrepancy?
edit on 2/14/2012 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

link   
This is an interesting thread. I remember watching this about Gordon Cooper.

link   

Ok, REALLY the last time!!

Why doesn't he post in the:

Short Stories

or the

Collaborative Writing
Threads??

He is not posting because his OP is FICTION and unsubstantiated by any historical or documented facts.

I give up, again.
I tried.
Bye, again.
Tom

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tomdham

He can't ..... post in those Forums. None of us can (unless or until we have "Writer" status, in our mini-profiles.

This can only be granted by ATS Staff.....(sigh)....

Adding.....exceptions for specific writing contests....then the "Writer" moniker is applied, for those who participate in contests.....

edit on Tue 14 February 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yes, That was brought up about the 2nd or 3rd page in...it "supports" his statements.
Please read the posts regarding Gordon Cooper. It has been mentioned in detail.
Thanks,
Tom

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Sorry, I didn't know that.
I am a newbie LOL.
I never tried to post there.
I just thought it was a good place for fiction.
Thanks and * my friend.
73's,
Tom

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomdham

Ok, REALLY the last time!!

Gotcha!

Why doesn't he post in the:

Short Stories

or the

Collaborative Writing
Threads??

He is not posting because his OP is FICTION and unsubstantiated by any historical or documented facts.

I give up, again.
I tried.
Bye, again.
Tom

It's in Grey Area: Personal Stories,
you no like? I don't know that there's a better place than that!

Dang, have I become the official apologist for this man?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuminousCosmos
reply to post by AlonzoTyper

I love history...we live in it everyday. However, you're claiming to have been a pilot on one of the bombers used in the Doolittle raid. This is not something that someone says lightly. If this were true, you are a national hero. Your name is engraved on a silver cup sitting on a shelf among the honored dead that participated in this event, you share in the glory of the Medal of Honor...but that honor only exists if you are who you say you are.

www.history.navy.mil...
Which of these brave men are you?

The War in the Pacific started on a balmy December day in 1941. If you are who you say you are, you were no older than 19 when the raid was launched in April of '42.

It's one thing to lie about alien spaceships, it's totally another to spin tales of virtue in an event of such enormous magnitude.

So, yes, lets talk about history.
[

Good Post.

That may have been the clutch of thread in which he was scared away. Seeing as he has not replied in 8 pages.

I also have to agree with one of the other posters....

He doesn't answer a single point with clarity. It's amazing how many words are there with no sustenance.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I thought Alonzo was treated very poorly in his first thread. It was an extensive introduction and never promised to be anything else, yet he was criticized from the get go. I said as much. With this second thread we have a lot more detail, but of the issues we can check, there are terrible and glaring inaccuracies. I believe these are more than we can attribute to a foggy memory, inaccurate history, or just irrelevant nit-picking.

It is true that some posters here, in an attempt to debunk Alonzo, have made their own glaring mistakes, including, just as one example, not knowing there were two carriers of different classes both named Yorktown, Still, the history of WW II is well documented and well known. You simply cannot get away with claiming you flew on B-25s launched off Yorktown class carriers later in the war. There were only three. Why wouldn't you just name the carrier? Would you say, "I served aboard a Nimitz class carrier in the nineties." Of course not. You'd say, "I served aboard the Vinson."

OK, let's just let that go and say he was a little confused, but actually truthful. That puts him aboard the Hornet four months after Pearl Harbor flying in a B-25 in one of the most famous air raids in history, one that was front page news to an elated American public. It was also a one-way trip. All 16 airplanes ditched in the sea or crashed in China (one in Russia). It took months for those crew members to make it back to allied lines. Plus we have all the names of the crew members. If you were on the Doolittle raid, I should imagine you would remember it. If you claim to have flown in B-25s off of a carrier THIS was the only time you could have done it because this was the only combat mission of B-25s flown off a carrier in the entire war.

So on the one hand we have Alonzo flying B-25s off of a carrier, which puts him on the Hornet and only on the Hornet, and on the other hand we have him serving on a Yorktown-class carrier for most of the war, which puts him on the Enterprise, and only the Enterprise, which had no B-25s, and was the only Yorktown-class survivor of WW II. Indeed, the other two, Yorktown and Hornet, were sunk a few months after the war began, in 1942.

So now we have the claim that he lived through it; we did not. History could be wrong and besides, we do have a documented case of a B-25 taking off from a carrier later in the war, a single experiment, THEREFORE Alonzo could be right.

Are you seriously going to hang your hat on that kind of logic? You can't just talk yourself out of this based on hypotheticals you make up on the spot. This whole issue is well documented. From an historiographical perspective, it is as well documented as you can get. There are lots of issues and incidents in the fog of war that are not well known and not well documented, but this issue is not one of them. Every single unit in WW II had yearbooks, reunions, and documentation. If there was another squadron of B-25s that flew off of Yorktown carriers, in particular the Enterprise, then please produce it. The onus for proof is on you to prove that it did happen, not on us to prove that it did not.

In the absence of any such proof, Alonzo's story as presented cannot possibly be true. The whole thing has more holes in it than a collander, more contradictions than a kid trying to explain why he did not break that window. I don't think anyone here needs to apologize for doing a little research and pointing out the many discrepencies with this story.

I don't say this with any glee. After his first thread I saw no reason to doubt anything he had said until then. In terms of my own wishes, I wish very much that his story was true. It's a reluctant conclusion on my part. But if you're going to tell a story, you'd better do a better job than this one.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join