It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry owns a Chineses Assault Rifle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Kerry, the man who wants blamed President Bush for not trying to get the assault gun ban extended, even though as a Senator he could have sponsored a bill but didn't, now reveals that he owns a "Chinese Communist Assault Rifle." This in another example of Kerry, talking out of both sides of his mouth. Can we trust a man who says one thing and does another?

www.cnsnews.com...\Culture\archive\200409\CUL20040917a.html

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The rifle Kerry owns is a collectors item. So what. Bush owns the gun that they found with Saddam Husein when he was captured. Who cares about that either?

I don't.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Kerry has a commie rifle, while Rumsfeld sold Nuclear Programs to North Korea in 2000.

Try again.

I have a feeling it's not going to be your week for posting nuanced "hypocritical" trivia on Kerry. Just a heads up.

[edit on 17-9-2004 by RANT]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This is a bigger issue than you may realize Sensfan and RANT. Kerry sees NO reason for ANY non-active military or law enforcement citizens to own any such weapons. What makes him different than any other Nam vet?

"It's a collectors item" Funny, I consider nearly ALL of firearms to be collectors items. I collect them
! I also shoot most of them and take really good care of them including locking them up so that no children or untrained adults have access to them. I would love to see how Skerry takes care of his "lifelong hunting" firearms

A right is a right for ALL PEOPLE!!! Not just the "chosen" or wealthy. When "they" start to take the rights from us but keeping them for themselves we are facing true tyranny. You can't sugar coat it.

-edit- Needed proper addressing

[edit on 17-9-2004 by Fry2]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
P.S.
If he truly does own a Chinese assault rifle from Vietnam then he has some serious explaining to do to the BATF unless he has a class III Federal Firearms License.
The Chinese did NOT make semi-auto American civilian versions of the AK-47 at the time.

Prosecute!!!!!

hehe

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
That's not right. He should get an AK or whatever he has, when we have like a $200 dollar tax?!
Which mansion is he hiding it in? I want another AK!

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
So Rummy's up to his neck in North Korea's nuclear program and you guys want to spend time and effort criticising Kerry over an old AK?

You know on the scale of things.....

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
So Rummy's up to his neck in North Korea's nuclear program and you guys want to spend time and effort criticising Kerry over an old AK?

You know on the scale of things.....

Yeah right, If it had been Bush with the AK there would be any number of democrats posting it on this site.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It is most likely a Chinese SKS It has a fixed 10 round magazine, and isnt capable of full auto fire. Or it could be a non-firing AK-47 that has been modified to be considered a "non gun" by the BATF.
Also, just because Kerry is for an assault weapons ban, doesnt mean he cant own one now. Hey, he might even like guns, but is willing to give them up if that means taking them away from criminals. I own a handgun(and a concealed weapons permit), even though I think they should be banned. I would gladly give mine up if they banned them, becaus I think it would be for the common good.
Personally, I was against the "assault" weapons ban. Criminals rarely use them because, they are impractical. Its alot easier to conceal a Glock than an AK-47. I am, however, all for a handgun ban. Handguns are used in the majority of gun related crimes, and serve no legitimate purpose other than kill humans at close range. You want a home protection weapon? Use a shotgun, its alot easier to hit what your aiming for, and little Johnny isnt as likely to play with it and blow his brains out.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The rumsfeld gambit is a red herring issue used to prevaricate and avoid the issue at hand. The ABB program was for the failed Clinton deal that would have provided "light-water" reactors that cannot be used to make plutonium, hence Rummy and ABB were helping the situation - not harming it as some would have you believe. The failure was Clintons naivety in putting stock in the North Koreans word.

Now back to the real issue this thread has brought up, which is one of hypocracy.

Kerry has made issue with the failed AWB and has criticized Bush for not prompting congress for renewing it while flaunting the law itself.

At the same time he has at home (alledged) a Vietnam vintage AK-47 of which all were full-auto capable weapons.

1. It obviously is not a registerd machine gun as required by 1934 law.
2. He obviously does not believe the law applies to the elite of which he is a
member.
3. He should be prosecuted for this violation just as any other member of
society would be - "Hello ATF - get to work"

If this were you or I rumored to have this AK we could expect our door to be knocked off its hinges by a BATF team at 3:00 am in the morning while the search was done at gunpoint.

Something you will NEVER see reported on CBS news is this same thing happening at the priviledged senators home.

No - what I expect to see on CBS is a copy of the proper BATF form and license from 1970 done up in a proper "word" format proving Kerry complied with the law.

[edit on 18-9-2004 by Phoenix]

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Many trophy weapons were brought back from Vietnam legally after having the bore plugged and other alterations.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Many trophy weapons were brought back from Vietnam legally after having the bore plugged and other alterations.

Understood GP, but would'nt Kerry be better served to produce the weapon in question for inspection to check for such bore plugging and alterations which would be in place if he brought it in as a declared weapon.

Or as an officer did he use privilage to bring in an undeclared machine gun.

It would be amusing if the bore plug was freshly installed - would it not?

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
...would'nt Kerry be better served to produce the weapon in question for inspection to check for such bore plugging and alterations which would be in place if he brought it in as a declared weapon.

You bet, but what are the odds of that? Slim to none, I would venture to guess.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
My best guess is that this is an outright lie. I can't see Kerry having a "momento" firearm. By looking at his voting record you would think that a bunch of neighbors came over to his house at the age of 12 and shot his dog with "scary looking guns".
If he were to produce any such firearm I would be extremely doubtful of it's origins being from his combat time in Nam.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by apw100
Also, just because Kerry is for an assault weapons ban, doesnt mean he cant own one now. Hey, he might even like guns, but is willing to give them up if that means taking them away from criminals.
Have you ever even looked at his Second Amendment voting history?
I own a handgun(and a concealed weapons permit), even though I think they should be banned. I would gladly give mine up if they banned them, becaus I think it would be for the common good.
I would love to see some evidence of this. Give me a good description of your Carry ID.
Personally, I was against the "assault" weapons ban. Criminals rarely use them because, they are impractical. Its alot easier to conceal a Glock than an AK-47. I am, however, all for a handgun ban. Handguns are used in the majority of gun related crimes, and serve no legitimate purpose other than kill humans at close range. you need to go to the target range more.

How is taking MY gun away going to deter crime? I already passed the FBI, State Police, Dept. of Public Safety and Local Police background checks(with fingerprints). Banning guns will not solve anything as is being proven in Great Britain and Australia. Putting the crazy bastards who commit crimes with guns(or other deadly intent) in jail for life will.
In the mean time I will continue to be armed against said crazy bastards and protect my fellow citizens in the process if need be.
Welcome to America!

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I agree strongly with GradyPhilpott, the chances of the gun being a working one are probably less than 1%.

At least in Finland I could walk to a shop and buy me a AK-47 or whatever I want to put on the wall. And no permit is needed nor am I breaking the law because those guns I'm talking about are deactivated. A reminder gun sounds exactly like exactly that kind of wall decoration.

People keep bringing them even from peacekeeping operations so why couldn't Kerry bring one from Vietnam. I'm not saying he pryed it from the cold dead hands of some NVA soldier after a bloody and brutal secret combat mission where he single handedly ramboed 200 enemies and a jeep, but rather bought it from the market or a souvenir shop when he was leaving. Or then just bought it from eBay or gunshow to remind him about vietnam.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
You want some evidence that I have a concealed weapons permit? Ok, here ya go...
Concealed Weapon Or Firearm License- State Of Florida
License Number: W2415xxx(I'm not going to reveal the last 3 digits)
"The above named individual is licensed by the Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services Division of Licensing in accordance with Section 79.06. Florida Statutes. Signed by Charles H. Bronson- Commissioner" I swear, the commissioner really is named Charles Bronson! lol
Any other questions? For concealed carry, I have a Kahr P9, and have previously owned an chinese paratrooper SKS, Arsenal USA AK-47, Rock River Arms M4 with Trijicon ACOG, etc.

"How is taking MY gun away going to deter crime"
Well, we wouldnt just be taking your gun away. We would be taking everyone's gun away. For every responsible gun owner, there is probably an equally irresponsible gun owner or criminal. The chance of the average citizen needing to use their handgun in self defence is pretty slim. Far more people are killed by accidental firearm discharge or homicide, than are saved by civilian owned handguns used in self defence.

My problem with handguns is that they make it easy and convienient to kill someone. The reason criminals use them(far more than "assault rifles") is because they are easy to conceal, and you can carry them with you 24/7. It would be a major pain in the ass for a criminal to carry a CETME or AK-47 around all day, plus, it would probably attract quite alot of unwanted attention. Because they are carried on ones person, they are more likely to be used in the heat of the moment. If someone gets angry and they have a gun on them, they are much more likely to use it. If they had to go home to get their rifle or shotgun, they would be much more likely to cool off.
Finally, lets look at some statistics. These are stats for homicide/unintentional gun deaths per 100,000 people(I didnt count suicide)
USA- 4.5 per 100,000
GreatBritain- .13 per 100,000
Canada- .54 per 100,000

There are almost 35 times more gun related deaths in the US than there is in the UK. Something needs to be done. I'm for banning handguns and keeping "assault weapons", shotguns, and rifles legal.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
if he took that home as a souvenier wouldnt that be a crime in army law?

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
Kerry, the man who wants blamed President Bush for not trying to get the assault gun ban extended, even though as a Senator he could have sponsored a bill but didn't, now reveals that he owns a "Chinese Communist Assault Rifle."

Christ that got to be one of the ost ridiculous and inane criticisms of anyone that i've read in a long while. I heard that he also said he was watching his weight for a while, but stopped at a krispy kreme the other night. Its understandable, because the 'hot donuts now' light was on, and you just can't pass that up now!

Oh my goodness gracious!?! Kerry has a commie rifle, while Rumsfeld sold Nuclear Programs to North Korea in 2000.

Rant,

I don't usually laugh out loud when reading conspiracy/poltical forums (it scares the neighbors) but that was great. I don't even care if it was real or not, infact, I don't care if kerry has lenin's teeth on his book shelf.

You'd think some enterprising right radical would be able to get a photo of kerry's bookshelf, now that I think of it. There must be a copy of marx's manifesto there (and please note that I am not saying kerry is a commie, christ, I bet even hitler read the manifesto at some point!)

[edit on 28-9-2004 by Nygdan]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
APW says:

"Well, we wouldnt just be taking your gun away. We would be taking everyone's gun away."

How? Are you going to tell the gangbangers and other thugs that, "since it's now against the law, you must turn in your handguns"?

APW, these folks break laws for a living! That is their job -- to break laws! How are you going to convince them that, after breaking laws all their life, they will start obeying laws now?

APW, one plus one equals five. That, and your plan, simply does not compute!

[edit on 28-9-2004 by Off_The_Street]

[edit on 28-9-2004 by Off_The_Street]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join