It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why aren't the dying excused from caring about race.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Look, it comes down to this: You are trying to find excuses to make racism ok...which in itself is moronic. Racism is despicable and the reason thousands of people lose their life every single year.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
My opinion is this society has levels of concern no one can be concerned for eveything all the time. Therefore someone dying is not racist for not caring and should be given some slack because of their state. IT HOWEVER SEEMS THAT SOME PEOPLE THINK MINORITY RACE SHOULD TAKE PRIORITY OVER EVERYTHING ELSE. SOME POOR PERSON IS DYING THAT DOESN'T MATTER SO LONG AS THEY THINK ALL DAY ABOUT RACISM. DOESN'T MATTER PEOPLE ARE DYING ALL CASH AND MONEY SHOULD GO TO RACE. THE RACE CARD HAS BEEN SO WELL PLAYED THAT IT IS EXPECTED TO TAKE PRIORITY OVER EVERYTHING ELSE. THERE IS ONLY SE MUCH MONEY SO MUCH ATTENTION, PRIORITIES HAVE TO BE MADE WHY SHOULDN'T ILLNESS DYING BE LESS IMPORTANT THAN RACE?TO SAY IT IS SEEMS TO ME STUPID.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

IT HOWEVER SEEMS THAT SOME PEOPLE THINK MINORITY RACE SHOULD TAKE PRIORITY OVER EVERYTHING ELSE.

No one is saying minorities should take priority over anyone...just that they should be treated EQUALLY.

And again, would you be ok with some dying person spitting into your grandma's face, or calling her a whore (lol, why isn't that word censored...I guess it's ok for me to use it. Mods, I won't get in trouble, right? I'm not calling his grandma a whore, just to be clear.) while you walk down the street with her? My guess is not...you probably wouldn't be so understanding

By the way, capslock isn't cruise control for cool

edit on 16-2-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

You seem to be the only one (along with your friend blueorder) even concerned or fretting over what race a person is.

You, in other words, are protesting too loudly.

Between this thread and the other you started along the same lines, it just seems like you are trying to find any excuse you can for racist thinking.

The problem is not everyone else's, IMO, but yours.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I see no reason why anyone would require a reason to be racist: if a person feels that they need a reason to be racist, then they could not be racist. My point has always been that there is only so much money and attention, and that there are better, more important things to focus on. The thing is the race card seems to be so strong, that it seems at times when race is mentioned all rational thought, or argument goes out of the window. I truly believe that if a thread was started saying that all first born children would die over the world and the only proven solution was to shut the race relations organizations, people would say you can't do that, millions of people will have to die. You could probably increase that and say a billion would die and still people would say no race is important and a quarter of the worlds population will have to perish.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

I see no reason why anyone would require a reason to be racist: if a person feels that they need a reason to be racist, then they could not be racist. My point has always been that there is only so much money and attention, and that there are better, more important things to focus on.

If you're looking so desperately for a reason to be racist that you blame everything on money and/or attention, then I'm sorry.
There is obviously something missing in your life. ....Like education and experience.

I truly believe that if a thread was started saying that all first born children would die over the world and the only proven solution was to shut the race relations organizations, people would say you can't do that, millions of people will have to die. You could probably increase that and say a billion would die and still people would say no race is important and a quarter of the worlds population will have to perish.

Are you speaking from some kind of (IMO) backwards faith-based thinking, or even KKK upbringing?

Do you read what you want?

Do you think for yourself?..........

Not just what your "elders" and others tell you to think, but REALLY think for yourself???

Have you ever eaten peanut butter?

Was it EVIL?

Sorry to be blunt here, but,

PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS.

Spoken by a white mid-western American (middle-aged) male.

Take the teat out and eat for yourself.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

I truly believe that if a thread was started saying that all first born children would die over the world and the only proven solution was to shut the race relations organizations, people would say you can't do that, millions of people will have to die. You could probably increase that and say a billion would die and still people would say no race is important and a quarter of the worlds population will have to perish.

I hope you realize this argument is beyond dumb as in reality this would never happen. Saving children by being racist...ARE YOU NUTS?? Where do you come up with crazy ideas like that?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It seems obvious that money given to run, for example to race relations board in the uk, could go towards treating the ill and dying. When there are no more dying then money could go to minority races, until that day the ill and dying should take priority. The problem is nobody wants to prioritize but still complain how sad it is when someone dies because of lack of treatment.What is so terrible with prioritizing. Also for the person saying I lack education I actually have studied a range of subjects to degree level.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

This isn't an either or situation

It's not as if making sure minorities don't suffer from racism somehow steals money from healthcare! You're trying really hard to make racism "ok", and that's moronic!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I'm just wondering how much slack should be given to the dying. You're right the dying are b#stards lying around dying.Do they ever care about the needs of others. Other people might be having a hard time paying for a DVD, deciding what to wear, worrying about whether people hate them or not: all of which is infinitely more important than survival.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

So according to you having issues excepts you from having to be a decent rational human being...and you can turn into a racist without being judged

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Having issues, I would have thought dying is more than having issues. It is abhorrent than I even have to have this conversation, that a man or woman dying in their last days or hours should be excused if they do not consider other peoples claims of racism. So next time a cancer patient goes in hospital to die, and is less than respectful of someone their last days should be used up appearing in court. Since when was being a minority race equivelantly disadvantaged as someone dying. Lets be honest, the smallest race in the world is white, but if I was talking about a dying black man being racist to a white man people would take a different view.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

I had my heart stop twice so far, spent weeks in hospital, my parents were made to sign a document saying whether or not they could harvest my organs...NOT ONCE did it come to my mind that all of this would justify me being a complete dick and racist

I have to wonder, why are you trying soooooooooo hard to justify racism? Secret closet racist looking for an excuse to come out?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
So a person under dying isn't allowed any moral justification for any of their actions. Then why could such a situation be a defence in court. A person drunk or ill enough does not have to abide by any contracts made when in this state: verbal of otherwise; therefore a person ill could not be held to account for anything said when in such a state. Morally the law is right, an ill person has more mobility than a person not drunk.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by s12345
So a person under dying isn't allowed any moral justification for any of their actions. Then why could such a situation be a defence in court. A person drunk or ill enough does not have to abide by any contracts made when in this state: verbal of otherwise; therefore a person ill could not be held to account for anything said when in such a state. Morally the law is right, an ill person has more mobility than a person not drunk.

If they're in pain, or dying....sure, you can pity them if they lose their mind and do stupid stuff like being racist or killing people. But it doesn't make it morally right. I'd feel sorry for anyone turning racist because of their own issues, I'd consider them mentally disturbed.

Having said that, being under the influence and being sick isn't always the same. Think about what you're typing!! You're essentially saying "if some guy knows he's going to die within 5 years, and he suddenly starts believing racism is ok...well, that's totally ok".

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I agree I just think the very ill or those in tremendous pain should morally be given a little lley way as regards to behaviour. It makes bad behaviour morally less wrong. I would like to point out though that not caring is not the same as being bigoted it is just not caring.
edit on 17-3-2012 by s12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by s12345
I agree I just think the very ill or those in tremendous pain should morally be given a little lley way as regards to behaviour. It makes bad behaviour morally less wrong. I would like to point out though that not caring is not the same as being bigoted it is just not caring.
edit on 17-3-2012 by s12345 because: (no reason given)

It doesn't make it morally any less wrong I'm afraid. You can write it off because those people are mentally disturbed, but it doesn't make it right.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

I'm sort of reading between the lines here, and I sense your concern for a loved one who may be in the hospital or a nursing home. In this case, a patient, for example, may not want to be treated or handled by someone
of a certain race or culture. There is no way that this request or demand should be honored. I am sure that many health care providers have faced this situation and that the great majority of them have honored the Hippocratic Oath. If you perhaps believe that the patient's last days are better served by reenforcing ideas of long held bigotry, then we disagree. One thing though that is clear, is that you have admirably shown empathy for the dying, but I strongly believe that true compassion has no room for bigotry.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Maybe it would be easier of I said should the terminally ill worry about the environment? It is basically the same should they be given leeway because of their predicament.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join