It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Cut Internet Access

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
AnonOps @anonops
·Close Open Details #Iran cuts off #Internet access

50+
Retweets 5:28 AM - 13 Feb 12 via Twitter for BlackBerry® · Details

Ya here we go any day now be right back going to find more info or link

www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 13-2-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

www.freedomessenger.com...

http://(nolink)/2012/02/10/war-looms-iran-hits-kill-switch-cuts-access-millions-82861/

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

edit on 2/13/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

Alleged is the key word here. But highly likely with that terrorist and oppressing outfit in charge!
edit on 13-2-2012 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by Trillium

Alleged is the key word here. But highly likely with that terrorist and oppressing outfit in charge!

Well I quess we will find out in the next few hour.

Sure is one way to keep thing in the dard.

Here some more
www.lonelyplanet.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
War is going to enfold soon, remember this line.

this is amir in tehran. internet 'cutoff' is correct if you can call it as such. in short, i am using (had to, no choice) a friend's VPN to access this web site and, more importantly, to read my personal and business emails. and even his VPN did not work all day long until few minutes ago. all web sites with 'HTTPS protocols' (secured web sites)... including any and all web sites which require a password and username like gmail, yahoo messenger, msn messenger, even google and yahoo and bing search engines have all been affected and are very slow. 'free' online proxies do not work either, for sure. I had problems getting cash from ATM, too. this situation could end by later today sunday morning (tehran local time) or it could last much longer. no ones. neither do I.
FYI however, please note yesterday, saturday, feb 11, was a national holiday, the anniversary of 1979 revolution; hence all travel agencies and businesses were closed in Iran. today, sunday, feb 12, they are all open for business. nevertheless, iran Internet woes may continue. google and bing are now back in business again but very slow in loading.

edit on 13-2-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I don't really believe this. They didn't turn it off during the green revolution and right now they are needing to look as good as possible on the international stage. They have two countries looking for any excuse to justify a strike.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

They have two countries looking for any excuse to justify a strike.

Yeah & those two countries looking to strike by either killing their own people or talking big and hiding like mongrel dogs behind Russia are Syria and Iran!

Switching the internet off is well within the realms of what these terrorist leaders would do to their own. Still un confirmed though but highly possible!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
I don't really believe this. They didn't turn it off during the green revolution and right now they are needing to look as good as possible on the international stage. They have two countries looking for any excuse to justify a strike.

Historically when you want to attack an enemy the first thing you take out is communication.

We don't know if a communication cutoff is an outside or inside job at this point.

edit on 13-2-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas

Historically when you want to attack an enemy the first thing you take out is communication.

We don't know if a communication a cutoff is an outside or inside job at this point.

So what are you you implying? No judgement here just asking

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Not implying anything really.

Just that it could be an outside cutoff or inside.

If it's outside, then some big attack is coming on the by someone. If inside, then some major Dictatorial stuff is going to go down.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Not implying anything really.

Just that it could be an outside cutoff or inside.

If it's outside, then some big attack is coming on the by someone. If inside, then some major Dictatorial stuff is going to go down.

Cool. Could be either. As another poster said time will tell. Cheers

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I hope it's neither.

It would be stupid for Ahmadinejad to look like a Fascist a-hole at this moment in time by pulling a stunt.

But there's a lot of saber rattling and funny business going on. Mossad, the U.S. or a 'western' agency just assassinated one of their scientists so a coms cutoff could be the next step before something.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Perhaps they have no intention of telling us via Media or Networks about their new nuclear technology - they're going to show us!!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

We don't know if a communication cutoff is an outside or inside job at this point.

edit on 13-2-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

Could be right did not think off that one.
One way to keep them off balance and quessing

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Those countries I was refferring to are Isreal and the U.S. in this situation. I am not a delusional supporter of Iran, but I am reasonable and look at all sides as everyone should. Iran is not the nuclear threat they want you to believe.

It is obvious the governments and higher ups want to take on Iran, before buying into the stories they feed everyone. People should ask why would it be beneficial to the government and corporations we know influence the government, to attack Iran. Evidence suggests that the US rarely acts in the best interest of the people. So we really have to think about it.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

Possible, but that would be considered an act of war certainly?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
Perhaps they have no intention of telling us via Media or Networks about their new nuclear technology - they're going to show us!!!!

I sure hope not this is going to go south real fast if it so.
Who will make the first mistake

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

I don't think the Iranian government would do ANYTHING that would cause their people to take to the streets like they did before. That period of revolt had people considering backing the people against the government and was probably a missed chance (no one acts when they really should). The Iranians would have to know that a revolt by its people (that would be almost inevitable if they shut down the net) would help justify the start of the attack. In a time when they are preparing and looking for a reason to strike, if the people themselves raised up against the Iranian regime, Israel and the US would be even more justified saying they were supporting the people and taking out the nuke sites.

I don't think the Iranian regime would take this huuuge gamble.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

That assassination was some straight up secret agent style work. They drove by really fast on a motorcycle, attached a magnetic bomb to the targets car, and then sped off while it exploded.

That's an action movie scene. I am certain of it.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Possible, but that would be considered an act of war certainly?

Yep

But I think the internet cutoff stuff is the Iranian Government pulling their web censorship crap. They got some pretty Fascist stuff going on right now.

But I don't discount Mossad or U.S. pre war ops when it comes to communications being knocked out. I could be jumping the shark but I'm nervous as hell we're going to screw up and invade Iran for some STUPID and concocted reason.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

That assassination was some straight up secret agent style work. They drove by really fast on a motorcycle, attached a magnetic bomb to the targets car, and then sped off while it exploded.

That's an action movie scene. I am certain of it.

Yep. "Western" intelligence style. That was a borderline act of war itself, but they can't prove who did it yet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join