It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Cut Internet Access

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

Haha.. you and I both know if it happens it will be for a concocted reason. There is rarely a good reason to INVADE a country. The nuclear angle is not even good enough reason. Why didn't Britain try to stop India's enemy Pakistan when they were working?

Countries get nukes, their enemies get nukes. I know they say Down with the US and Down with Israel (not death to), but still stuff like that gets said all the time. I think it has a lot more to do with central banking and the fact that Iran trading oil for things other than the US dollar hurts the US (both our image as a super power and our feelings) and that is what this whooole thing is about.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by PaxVeritas

Possible, but that would be considered an act of war certainly?

Yep

But I think the internet cutoff stuff is the Iranian Government pulling their web censorship crap. They got some pretty Fascist stuff going on right now.

But I don't discount Mossad or U.S. pre war ops when it comes to communications being knocked out. I could be jumping the shark but I'm nervous as hell we're going to screw up and invade Iran for some STUPID and concocted reason.

I remember reading a while back that the gorvement had move all website back to incountry to have better control off the security.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yeah, the U.S. and Israel are REACHING for anything to get in there. We've concocted so many stories now it's lame. And the stuff sounds almost identical to the rhetoric we heard before Iraq.

Dunno if it's about banking or oil or geography or whatever. Your guess is as good as mine. But they're CLAIMING it's about nukes. I wrote a thread on it recently.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Shanghai Cooperation Organization...they're the players to watch now and have been for the past decade.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

Well the Stuxnet virus alarmed some of them. They knew they were vulnerable to attack. But they're making their internet more "Islamic" (on paper) and the people are only going to be allowed to visit certain sites like North Korea and China.

It's a mess. Ahmadinejad and Co. are being total Fascists.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
We'v been talking about Iran as a military target here in the west since at least around 2001. Will anyone realy be surprised if it happened today? and more so would anyone fall for the reasons for going to war when they know its been talked about for that long?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
The Iranian government has always had a stranglehold on the internet over there. Millions of Iranians are 'internet users' ... but the Iranian version. It's censored. It's limited in scope. Its not free internet access like you and I have. That's why it's so bogus when one or two show up here claiming to be average Iranians posting from inside Iran, and then they spout nonsense rhetoric straight from the Iranian government. They are with the government there. So if Iran cut their version of the internet from the Iranian people .... I believe it.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

They apparently didn't have total control as during the revolution we saw comments from many Iranians that were not in favor of the government. Also the video of Neda's murder came form Iran. I don't doubt they have cracked down on it. I just don't see them shutting it down completely. The last thing Iran wants right now is a bunch of people taking to the street in protest.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas

I don't really believe this. They didn't turn it off during the green revolution and right now they are needing to look as good as possible on the international stage. They have two countries looking for any excuse to justify a strike.

Historically when you want to attack an enemy the first thing you take out is communication.

We don't know if a communication cutoff is an outside or inside job at this point.

edit on 13-2-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

One reason for an inside job is to stop people from being lured into a false sense of revolt.

For example with the rhetoric propaganda coming out of the west, the people of Iran know their country is at the center of attention right now. They will be obliged to research what other countries are saying about them... when you got the US in control of root DNS servers (.com the major example) and that the Iranian government should be wary on that basis alone with the general idea to control information.

What i'm trying to say is, the internet is dominated by the english language and the most popular sites for even worldwide people, are websites hosted in the US. One reason, may be that Iran has noticed the step-up in anti-iran propaganda, and possibly they want to stop their country being turned into Libya, or Syria.

Libya, and now Syria are under a false revolution, caused by outside propaganda which lured people into going against the government. Maybe Iran knows this is where the US next propaganda step is going to take place.

I'm in no way in support of the censoring of information, but the reality is, america's biggest weapon is the internet and it can be used against the people of Iran to promote fear, hatred and false revolt.

If they have indeed cut internet access, i would assume it's one of saving their people from disinformation attacks by the west.

I'm neutral as both sides are out of line on this one.
Propaganda from the west, a form of cencorship in the east.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

I don't think they would turn the net off though. They could block english sites without shutting the net down. That would likely cause people to take to the streets in protest and be far more obvious than just blocking sites like China does.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

reply to post by InsideYourMind

I don't think they would turn the net off though. They could block english sites without shutting the net down. That would likely cause people to take to the streets in protest and be far more obvious than just blocking sites like China does.

After reading a few google pages I think
The timing coincides with potential protests to mark the anniversary of the 1979 Islamic Revolution in Iran. Much of it is pointing to the Iranian government’s desire to prevent protesters from organizing online as occurred with the Lybian & Egytion of last year on Facebook, Twitter and other media

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

TEHRAN, Iran — Many Iranian web users say their access to foreign email services such as Gmail, Yahoo mail and Hotmail appears to have been restored after a four day outage.

Elaheh Ansari and Reza Estiar are among dozens of Internet users who told The Associated Press that their access was back on Monday.

The semiofficial Mehr agency had said that more than 30 million people in the country were affected by the outage. Authorities in Iran's national telecommunications company declined to comment, saying the outage had no connection to them.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium

Originally posted by quedup
Perhaps they have no intention of telling us via Media or Networks about their new nuclear technology - they're going to show us!!!!

I sure hope not this is going to go south real fast if it so.
Who will make the first mistake

You know whats funny. The Bible says its all going to go down in the holy land, which is right in that general area LOL. We are nearing 12/21/12, things are gearing up. Id be spending quality time with loved ones. Would hate to have missed that time when it all ends and have regrets like that. It makes sense because its the last place TPTB dont have a hold of, and thats because of religion. Im just saying.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Ah.. so it could be a foreign test against Iran, could be an Iranian test (in case they every need to do it in the future), or it could just be a legit technical problem. Either way, it's back. I didn't figure Iran would take their people offline in such a delicate international situation.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

and the fact that Iran trading oil for things other than the US dollar hurts the US (both our image as a super power and our feelings) and that is what this whooole thing is about.

Wasn't Saddam Hussain doing the same thing in the early 00's? I'm probably wrong here but I thought I remember reading something about that. I'm not actually on a pc to confirm that either.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
why cut off Iran's internet when they were getting so much support from the general public in the west..not sure if its an outside cut off or an inside one ...i'm sure there are plenty of western Iranians who could verify this one way or the other

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Deetermined

Ah.. so it could be a foreign test against Iran, could be an Iranian test (in case they every need to do it in the future), or it could just be a legit technical problem. Either way, it's back. I didn't figure Iran would take their people offline in such a delicate international situation.

I guaranty the internet is going to go down again as the parliamentary elections draw nearer.

Iran is constantly accusing the West of using the internet to throw off their upcoming election. In fact, Iran even claimed they arrested two people for using the internet to encourage people to boycott the election. I think they even claimed the two people were U.S. spies....like they always do.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Lies

lies

lies.

When are you going to understand ?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If they did, it's because the revolt last time was coordinated by internet activists. The net played a key role in organizing events and protests. The government is probably fearing the same thing will happen again.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Just going to throw this out there...

Didn't the U.K. government announce they were looking at plans to restrict social networking and such in the event of civil un-rest.. and they didn't say just for the rioters, for the whole country..

Couldn't this be something along those lines? Preventing the "revolt" by preventing communications during what they saw as a possible threat?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join