It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona may initiate an ARMED State Militia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

The Arizona governor could deploy an armed, volunteer militia to respond to natural disasters and patrol the Arizona-Mexico border for illegal immigrants and drug-traffickers under a legislative proposal to fund a state guard. Read more: www.azcentral.com...

SOURCE

Not surprised to see this coming. Janet Brewer is tough on illegal immigration. And since Obama called off a large portion of National Guardsmen from our AZ-Mexico border, AND with the fact that she signed into law legislation to establish a state guard last year this was imminent.

Since I live in AZ, and have been affected financially in a VERY LARGE way during the onslaught of illegals into my state I have been watching her and Sheriff Joe's activity towards this. Can not say that I agree or disagree with all that has been done - I will say that I am a little uncomfortable with the idea of armed - but poorly trained - "Rambo" types running around our border.

Hell, I like to hunt down there. Some big Mulies lurk in the mesquites.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
All states have 'state police forces' , and to my knowledge, they are all volunteer.

I don't know of any state that uses conscripts in their police force.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
What is a armed state militia? I'm not so familiar with that term as it means many things. Are people being provided arms and ammunition from state? If they are for what reason and to do what?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
In PA, the state gives cars, guns, ammo, bullet-proof vests and boots to people called the State Police. They can order you to do things and shoot you if you don't comply.

Yay!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Are the cops not present in that state? Whats the motivation behind giving all this to people? In wrong hands and displaced motives this can be lethal.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ek Bharatiya

I understand what you are saying.

I think a lot of states already have guns in the wrong hands, in their state police ranks.

I believe that Arizona is trying another means of calling attention to the illegal alien problem in their state.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ek Bharatiya
What is a armed state militia? I'm not so familiar with that term as it means many things. Are people being provided arms and ammunition from state? If they are for what reason and to do what?

I am afraid that many who would want to be part of that organization, would look at it as a license to hunt Mexicans.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Sorry as I'm not from US so I dont understand it properly. Are you saying the State is giving guns and ammunition to people to shoot and kill people who are illegal aliens or dont have documents to be there? If so why is the state not strengthening the police force instead using the same funds with which they are arming people?

If a person joins a police force his background is verified and he is trained but if State gives guns to random people who are not qualified or mentally fit to handle lethal weapons, cant they use to to rob other people or do some criminal activity?

This reminds of the movie I saw on Pix recently Machete, where people in jeeps (armed militia if you call them) go around and kill people near some kind of border. Is it the same thing here?
edit on 13-2-2012 by Ek Bharatiya because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

No, it will never happen, the state of Arizona is just fed up with the federal government and their inaction on the illegal alien problem in border states. They are trying to send yet another message to Washington DC.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

No, it will never happen, the state of Arizona is just fed up with the federal government and their inaction on the illegal alien problem in border states. They are trying to send yet another message to Washington DC.

Could very well be.

Arizona passed SB1070, which would require ANY LEO in AZ to check legal status of everyone that they stop or suspect of being here illegally. Obama challenged the new law, then stepped it up by suing the state after Brewer "poo-pooed" his threats.

That move by Obama pissed off A LOT of AZ residents.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Arizona has been asking for help for a long time and got nothing! The government and corporations do not care about the citizens. It's a damned shame! With millions of illegals in the workforce and millions of unemployed citizens, something needs be done. With thousands of citizens who have lost their lives to illegals with previous arrests and deportaions, something needs be done! I could go on and on but I'll shut up now.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
And it just jumped one step further.

SOURCE

I am very interested in how this moves along. If it clears 100%, I am sure that I will have interest in joining.

Things are getting bad and out of control. The AZ/Mexico border is as bad as it has ever been and the Feds are seriously asleep at the wheel.

Even my home town in San Juan County, New Mexico is becoming over run by these drug cartels. So much so that local law enforcement are working with Homeland Security tp have agents posted for duty there, and also requesting a federal judge to take up shop to charge these drug cartel member with federal charges to give them more time behind bars.

Jeeez..... I am so "DONE" with this crap and serious changes are needed.

Curious though....... if this bill completely passes here in AZ, I wonder what BS Obama and his cronies will pull to stop it?

top topics

join