It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A refreshing message from a Congressman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I wrote to my Congressman Kevin Yoder (R-Kansas), a freshman member, many months ago, telling him I wanted him to do something about the issues around the govt being 'owned' by the corporations, media, etc.

It was after Dylan Ratigan exploded on his program, if any of you recall.

I told Mr Yoder I wanted him to watch it once for every person in his constituency, and then twice more, for my two kids who no longer live in our 'district'.

This, of course, landed me on an email list, and I now get regular newsletters from the Senator Jerry Moran and also from Rep Kevin Yoder.

Today, in my email inbox was another newsletter, and this is what Mr Yoder said:

Congressional Reform

This week, I announced my support for a package of much-needed Congressional reforms. These reforms include prohibiting Members of Congress from financially benefitting from insider information, eliminating the federal pension program for Members of Congress and allowing unused office funds to be used to pay down the national debt. The various bills enjoy broad bipartisan support.

The American people have lost a lot of faith in their government. The public believes members of Congress receive special treatment and they constantly see taxpayer dollars are wasted. In order to put our country back on track, we need to restore the public’s trust in the institution of Congress.

I am skeptical about whether or not this is actually going to happen, but it's certainly a start!

I'm usually a registered unaffiliated voter, but I have registered Repub just so I can get a shot at helping out Dr Paul...(I'll switch it back after November).
Any thoughts here, ATS?
yoder.house.gov...
link to his website ^^

edit on 12-2-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Here's the Ratigan rant...in case you haven't seen it.

Yes, I know it was posted in a thread on ATS before. This is just for convenience to any new members who may not have caught that thread.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Thank you, nice post.!
I wrote a representative once and he went on to vote in opposition of my letter.
I'm going to write my congressman(s) and ask them to support this bill.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

You're welcome!
It was really uplifting for me, a daily attendee here at ATS, who has become so disillusioned and suspicious of TPTB that I sometimes give up all hope for my childrens' futures, or my own, for that matter.

Thanks for your response.....
yeah, maybe it DOES make a diff when we let them know what we want.
The last time I did so was in the early 90s, when I wrote to them regarding health care issues. I was a mother of toddlers at the time. My kids are now grown (in their 20s), and I think it's really important to let Congress know what we want for our kids, and grandchildren as well.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Commenting on the OP:

Yeah so it will basically be illegal to tax income from any outside corporations except "travel expenses".

Guess what that will end up doing? They will still receive "under the table" bribes, like a new car or a house interest free and at half price in thailand. Next year a new congressman is in, dumber than then the one before.

Congressmen need to get age, to be trustworthy. Like Ron Paul!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Not sure where you're getting that from.
I watched the video....
didn't hear him say anything about those issues.

Just for the record, I think "lobbying" should also be forbidden, just like the pensions.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by NeoVain

Not sure where you're getting that from.
I watched the video....
didn't hear him say anything about those issues.

Just for the record, I think "lobbying" should also be forbidden, just like the pensions.

He says:

These reforms include prohibiting Members of Congress from financially benefitting from insider information,

Do know how that happens today? The company tells him when to buy and sell their shares, to get maximum profit, as a "Thank you" for his services. That is how they lobby atm. Only that those incomes are taxed as coming from this company.

Got it?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Hmmm....I was under the impression it was because (according to Bloomberg), they are aware of upcoming legislation that affects corporate law, and they use that information to buy/sell on the markets, after, of course, learning how the corps will be affected.

The Bloomberg Professional service is essential for the world's financial and business professionals. It delivers a vast array of global data–in milliseconds. Data, analytics, news, communications, charts, execution platforms and customer support that let you turn knowledge into action.

The world's finest business information and insight for every asset class is in one place and delivered in real time–to your desktop or mobile device. Bloomberg Professional service users form the world’s most influential financial network, spanning central and commercial banks, investment institutions, government offices and agencies, law firms, corporations and news organizations.
www.bloomberg.com...-service
That sort of thing.
I've really only been studying global economics for about a year. The whole thing just really bothers me.

edit on 12-2-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Wow. I like that rant.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I noticed the Radigan vid was posted on youtube August 2010. Notice how all those "concerned for the public" politicians and bankers jumped right on that, NOT! Our president ,Nothing!
Boy he really layed it out there!! I bet he got a good talking to by his handlers and some ears were burning.... I compliment Ratigan on his honest rant and standing his ground.
Something else interesting.....
It took a while but it seems there may be some glimmers of hope on the horizon.
For example,There is an interesting development concerning a lawsuit filed through the New York court system against the US Goverment by a chinese faction (not the Chinese goverment). This lawsuit was filed and accepted on the docket (if that's the correct term) on Nov.21 2011 (or there abouts) concerning a trillion dollars owned by the US to this Chinese faction Call the White Dragons (AKA White Hats). It stems from Tresury Notes which are not being honored and a gold deal from the 30s, 1937 or 38 .
If anyone likes mind blowing stories check it out
sorry I can't provide more precise details or a direct link but google the key words and all kinds of info will pop up.
I think there are things happening behind the scenes that are influencing some of the small positive developements we are starting to see these days. It give me hope for something other than a bleek future

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

I noticed the Radigan vid was posted on youtube August 2010.

It was just 6 months ago, August 2011....
it went viral; perhaps that has added to the fact that people are sick and tired of the way the whole country is going down with the swirly water in the porcelain fixture...as nicely polished as it is, it's still a toilet. Glug.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Hmmm....I was under the impression it was because (according to Bloomberg), they are aware of upcoming legislation that affects corporate law, and they use that information to buy/sell on the markets, after, of course, learning how the corps will be affected.

Yeah, that is what most people think it seems...

I've really only been studying global economics for about a year. The whole thing just really bothers me.

Yeah Macro-economics, societal design, psycho-history, thats me.

Don´t know if you have read "The Foundation Trilogy" By Asimov, but if you haven´t, you really should

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Don´t know if you have read "The Foundation Trilogy" By Asimov, but if you haven´t, you really should

I haven't, but I sure will!! Thanks for the suggestion!
Have you read the 'Dune' original trilogy?

Or, more pertinently, Captains and the Kings by Taylor Caldwell?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

So, we're sorta on the same page here, from different angles.
I hope to have some good discussions with you in the future!

What do you think needs to happen in Congress/USA?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

reply to post by NeoVain

So, we're sorta on the same page here, from different angles.
I hope to have some good discussions with you in the future!

What do you think needs to happen in Congress/USA?

Ratigan is completely correct, and so is Ron Paul, anyone not seeing that just haven´t done their research yet.

What needs to happen is for the people to retake their government, which has been hijacked by the corporations in the interest of profit at every cost, like a virus that kills it´s host in order to survive. Like an Alien.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Ratigan is completely correct, and so is Ron Paul, anyone not seeing that just haven´t done their research yet.

Totally in agreement with you, bro.
Now.... have you written to your Congressmen about it?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

reply to post by NeoVain

Totally in agreement with you, bro.
Now.... have you written to your Congressmen about it?

No,, but i would if i could. Sadly, i am not from the U.S, so i have no congressman to write.

I commend you for the effort though, the world needs more people like you.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

No,, but i would if i could. Sadly, i am not from the U.S, so i have no congressman to write.

I commend you for the effort though, the world needs more people like you.

well, that's nice to hear, thank you!
Still.... last night we were discussing change at a macro-level. Macro-economics is you. Macro-system is me.

Is there a US embassy in your country?
Is there a Parliament? Is your country part of any of the large groups (the UN, the G20, or whatever)? Does your country have a diplomat in the US that you can write to? Who is the spokesperson for your citizens? Anyone?

The changes we need are going to affect everyone, not just those of us in the US. I bet if you think about it you could think of a way to get your own Representatives (if they exist at all) to address your concerns. If every country is on board, that's when real, sweeping change can take place.

Do you mind me asking, what form of government is in place where you live?

top topics

join