It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Earth Sounds Are Like Tibetan Singing Bowls

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Years ago I remember listening to some sounds while meditating, and for a short spell, I used taped recordings of Tibetan Singing Bowls.

Tibetan bowls are used to attune, balance, heal and raise the consciousness of the users.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just recently I had the privilege of going on a field trip, with a group of children, to a hands on museum I noticed a massive brass Tibetan Bowl and decided to try it. What I discovered is an eerie sound, as well as a vibration, this is the first time I have ever experienced a large one up close, and this got me thinking because the sound was familiar.

I think it is plausible that the sounds heard around the world are real, in fact, now I know it’s possible because the earth is like a big Tibetan Singing Bowl, with water in different areas, some above ground and some underground.

What’s even more interesting about my theory it give credence to the “Hollow Earth theory” meaning that if the earth is indeed hollow like this map, it would be like a large “Tibetan Singing Bowl”. And when struck correctly areas might produce a sound heard for miles.

Watch the video’s below and think outside the box, compare, and magnify the sounds. IMO it is exactly what we are hearing worldwide, but now why is it happening? What force is causing the earth to sing like a Tibetan Singing Bowl?

This one is interesting with the large bowls and different sounds.

edit on 12-2-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
In watching many of the videos posted on *the sound*. many times I've been reminded of something I've heard before, but couldn't place it.

You are right. Some do sound like a Tibetan Singing Bowl. I am even going to lean towards your explanation of how it happens. It's as good an answer as all the others I've read. S&F, for thinking outside the box...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Thanks mods for moving the thread here, now I will go a bit further into my theory.

Many of us that believe in metaphysics, or that we are more than our physical body have been told for a number of years that the earth is going through, or ascending to a higher dimension/vibrational state. If the earth is actually going through some sort of a change and the vibrational states are rising, maybe this is part of it.

Maybe there is something striking the earth causing the vibrational state to rise, thus the sounds that are being heard around the world.

I would like to hear some input, no right or wrong answers here, just food for thought.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Very interesting comparison with the Tibetian singing bowls. Food for thought.

I too have thought about this phenomena in terms of the changing vibrational energy of our time and place. It is my belief that the concepts of resonance and dissonance are components within the energetic changes that could teach us a lot about this transition.

S&F, and I look forward to following the thread discussion.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I've heard elements of several things in the strange sound videos - so the question is then are these all fakes using some of these techniques or is the Earth resonating in some profound way like the bowls?
I tend towards the latter explanation and what is being experienced will depend on where you are on the planet, the type of geology,with those rich in metallic ores sounding different from those of crystalline structure like granite and any underground water sources together resonating in the atmosphere above us.
Are these natural forces that have been here all along or are we encountering some new type of energy in the solar system thats causing it?
Your thread has got me thinking.

Good assortment of sounds. thanks

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I wonder if any new glyphs have appeared at the same time these anomalous sounds have been reported? That would be an interesting twist to the possibility Alien life force is helping the earth through the changes affecting her at this time?

Also when I contemplate the Tibetan Monks in private moments, at times it is as if joining with a Universal sound, and sensing the source high in the Himalayas. Like a ripple in the pond of cosmic consciousness.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

I tend towards the latter explanation and what is being experienced will depend on where you are on the planet, the type of geology,with those rich in metallic ores sounding different from those of crystalline structure like granite and any underground water sources together resonating in the atmosphere above us.

This is a very good observation and I think holds some validity, in different parts of the world the sound may vary because of the different compositions of the earth in that area. I think your spot on with the crystal content as well, there are areas with heavy concentrations of underground crystals.

I also believe the water content will make a difference too, example frozen, or the amount, above or below the surface.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Maybe far in the past the Tibetan people have heard the "sky noise" before and made the bowls to replicate the sound afterwards.

A what came first kinda thing; The bowl or the sound?

Nice find

Im not discounting any explanation for this sound, because to be honest, none of us KNOW what it is.
edit on 13-2-2012 by Talltexxxan because: typo

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I was watching the movie "The Day After Tomorrow" and the scene of Russian Ghost Ship caught my attention as the soundtrack during that scene was quite similar to strange sounds claimed to be heard. Pay attention at the beginning of the video!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Could it be that the sun's vibration is increasing along with planet earth because the sun is approaching galactic center? Perhaps there are stars inside of planet earth that are raising their vibrations as well causing the crust of the earth to vibrate. I think some of the videos with strange sounds are clearly hoaxes, but others, I don't know.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Thanks RealTruth.

I've listened to the sound on vid and I've also heard it personally in Atlanta last year. It really is a weird sound. It reminded me of some type of machinery,,a sort of "whirring". Its loud and last for minutes. The wicked part is it really does seem to come from the sky,,,as it all around you
Now as far as the "singing bowls" are concerned,,,,that IS the sound IMHO

I just recently came across the "hollow earth" theory. I do not know enough to to give an opinion on that,,,however if you are correct,,,I have a few questions.

1. Is the "thing" they are using to go around the bowl the same material,if not what is it?

2. Wouldnt that "thing" have to circle the Earth making contact, with what I would assume to be, our atmosphere? If thats the case, it seems easy enough to figure out (not by me of course,,im not that smart
) what elements, when in contact with our atmosphere could produce this sound.

3. Wouldnt we feel (like you did) the vibration of a Earth sized "singing bowl"?

Im not trying to discount your theory,,,I actually like it,,,i just want to explore it further

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Cool post.

Personally, I have never heard these sounds everyone on ATS seems to have heard, but you put forth an interesting take on them.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I think these sounds are to duplicate the sound and vibration of the chakras.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by consigliere

I just recently came across the "hollow earth" theory. I do not know enough to to give an opinion on that,,,however if you are correct,,,I have a few questions.

1. Is the "thing" they are using to go around the bowl the same material,if not what is it?

2. Wouldnt that "thing" have to circle the Earth making contact, with what I would assume to be, our atmosphere? If thats the case, it seems easy enough to figure out (not by me of course,,im not that smart
) what elements, when in contact with our atmosphere could produce this sound.

3. Wouldnt we feel (like you did) the vibration of a Earth sized "singing bowl"?

Im not trying to discount your theory,,,I actually like it,,,i just want to explore it further

The "Hollow Earth" theory is really stretching my limits, but I tossed it in for extra thought.

I do feel however that the sounds being produce and the vibrational occurances in specific areas are similar to the Tibetan Singing Bowls, that is why I posted it.

Answers to your questions as I see it:

1. The material that they are using around the bowl are various compositions, metal, wood, hard rubber, and as you see in the first human hands.

2. Your second question is excellent, yes and no something would have to create the vibrational state and that is where I am leaving ATS members to help me with the explanation. I think it could be many factors like the EMF's that are effecting our Aurora and in turn effecting the solids materials on the earth.

3. I believe that the vibrations can happen in specific areas due to the consistency of the earth's make-up in that particular area. Example: Granite's, Metal content, amount of contents and water would effect the sound differently as in the video's.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Very enjoyable post – thank you OP.

Here’s my .02 cents.

While the phenomena does not seem to be widely known/accepted/studied, I think there is some great plausibility’s in general with reference to vibrational sources.

but now why is it happening? What force is causing the earth to sing like a Tibetan Singing Bowl?

and think outside the box

I did a random Google trend search for a few terms looking for correlations - strange sounds, aurora borealis, solar flare, geomagnetic storm, oil spill. Of course the obvious link between the aurora borealis and sun activity is there, I don’t think the ‘strange earth sounds’ is being looked at the same way as the other ‘main stream’ items are. I ran also earthquakes, but since it is widely and actively reported it reduced the graphs detail, but there was correlation with it as well.

I’m not sure what other astro-physical measurements might be of interest for something like this, perhaps something with the earth’s magnetic fields would be an interesting compare as well since there is most likely good data available. Maybe it's some sort of giant ionic exchange/change. Thanks.

Goo gle Trends Search

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
That must be one humungous bowl, but yea, I see it, I mean hear it.

Some sound more like the sound then others.
edit on 112929p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
OP, good likeness in sound. A number of factors need to be considered here when observing a resemblance between the two. The strange sound most often reported indicate high intensity low frequency sounds felt in the body. I have never heard a Tibetan singing bowl in real life but from the videos it may be possible a very big 'bowl' might emit such HILFs. The third video with the larger bowl suggests an LF is emitted.

An interesting theory but one problem for me. The fact the strange sounds appear extremely localised is not explained by it. If a hollow earth was responsible then you would expect the sound to be somewhat equally disperse, wouldn't you? So what would explain the apparent event to be heard in specific areas and not in many others? One suggestion, if your theory is correct in at least as much as the sound is originating from the earth and not the sky then perhaps we should examine the kind of weather conditions present on those days over the localities the sound is heard. Perhaps for example the sound is bounced down to specific areas by particular atmospheric conditions.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I have 5 Tibetan bowls, largest is 12 inches across. None of the "sound" videos that I KNOW to not be faked sound nothing like them. I am talking about the videos from westcoast and StealthyKat, those are more of a rumbling sound.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Yeah, even the toads can hear the Song of the Universe:

There's a Ho-down going down and most can't even hear the music!

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Op, thanks for posting this.

I spent some time on the subject of the 'strange sounds' since the first once remembered me of the rumblings i hear before the tsunami in 2004.

Then more and more videos surfaced which reminded me of something i could'nt put together.

later there have been some, which sounded like fakes, with audios from movies (the ones with the sceeching noises)

but definately there are the ones which resemble the tibetan / chinese singing bowls. I played with those bowls years ago, mesmerized for hours in a nature/science museum. ( the cool, interactive kind of museums )

I think it is spot on.
Especially interesting when remembering the tibetan/buddhist mythology that in the beginning there was the sound (om).

As well, for everybody interested i want to point to the schumann resonance, quit good described here:
www.earthbreathing.co.uk...

Discovered (at least in the west) first time by no one else than genius Nikola Tesla, and later Schumann ( hence the name).

Even Nasa uses the schumann resonance to keep the astronauts healthy.

I'll definetly follow this thread. S&F

top topics

join