It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the U.S. studying UFO reports?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flint2011
The best way to avoid any inter-agency knowledge is to mask the operations for investigating said matters under the guise of something else.

better way is to just create more agencies We all know CIA FBI and NSA and a few others like NRO and DIA, but I have documented over 200 spook agencies in the USA alone...

They don't destroy documents... because if they did that they would lose the memory, they just use a LOT of black ink

NASA on the other hand just erases and loses stuff. They forgot how they went to the moon... no one kept the records and they lost the moon tapes

But the secret stuff is all on paper some where... likely that big file storage facility in the slat mine

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday
But in the long run history is lost due to the mean-spirited politics of today.

History is much more of an artform than most people realize. There is never enough clear, straightforward, unbiased information saved about anything, and everything requires interpretation after the fact. So there's a lot of conjecture about how one thing leads to another in a logical way, making the entire process very subjective. Historians have to come up with a plausible fiction that most people can reasonably accept as fact. That's the way it's always been.

Does some department of the U.S. government still study UFO reports? Sure. Because there is some department studying everything. But it's probably not done the same way it used to be. I'm sure that these days they gather massive amounts of data that is sifted through by huge, fast computers to look for trends, or bubbles, that pop up out of the noise. Some of the bubbles are "terrorist activity." Some of them are "unusual power surges." Some of them are "bird die-offs." Some of them are "UFOs." And then they just keep that data handy until something unusual happens, like a particular search parameter reaches a trigger level. Then they probably call their experts to interpret it, and see if anything has to be done about it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

What you suggest about looking for trends in statistics as part of the war on terror is interesting. The raw UFO data must arise as parts of all sorts of unrelated data gathering efforts. Hopefully they are forwarding that information to some secret group in NORAD so it isn't lost.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I've video taped a UFO but I am wondering if I should bother posting a link to the video after how many people discredited the evidence I presented for the alien gray I caught in a photo last year...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join