It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the U.S. studying UFO reports?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
For those who haven't read the book "UFOs: myths, conspiracies, and realities" by John B. Alexander in the prologue on page 1 he says:

This book differs from all others written about UFOs because it details a personal exploration of the topic in ways that no other researcher has been able to accomplish. What is important and unique are the details of direct interactions with senior officials from many agencies - and finding that no one was responsible for this topic anywhere in the U.S. Government. That fact is very significant and runs counter to conventional wisdom.

The author makes a convincing case except that I think it would be so irresponsible for the U.S. government to completely ignore UFO reports. If nothing else, a UFO hovering near a nuclear reactor should be cause for some official study somewhere in government.

I have a suspicion that government is embedded in MUFON and similar organizations so they can study UFOs while feigning disinterest.

Just wondering what others think.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Seeing as almost all civilian UFO reports are unreliable it would probably be a waste of time and resources to monitor and check them. They are probably only interested in reports from the armed forces , NASA and air traffic control.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Seeing as almost all civilian UFO reports are unreliable it would probably be a waste of time and resources to monitor and check them. They are probably only interested in reports from the armed forces , NASA and air traffic control.

Alexander claims that these government reports have nowhere to go. They sit in the personal files of government workers who are interested in UFOs as a hobby, and then they are usually destroyed when those people retire.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Let us hope someone in authority is still investigating ufo's covertly, because if not, with the ever growing possibility of life outside our planet... we are in trouble..... So is big brother watching or does it already know the facts.... and covering it up as long as they can

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Wouldnt the non interest in UFO reports by the government who should investigate for national security reasons mean one of two things.

The do investigate but do not tell thus avoiding the freedom of information act or

They already know all they need to know about UFO's and their possible occupants be that alien or home grown.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by colin42
Wouldnt the non interest in UFO reports by the government who should investigate for national security reasons mean one of two things.

The do investigate but do not tell thus avoiding the freedom of information act or

They already know all they need to know about UFO's and their possible occupants be that alien or home grown.

There's also some more options :

- Maybe they have never found any real evidence of alien visitation so consider it to be a waste of time.

- Maybe they have decided that they are powerless to prevent anything from happening so they just ignore the reports.

- Or maybe its a combination of the two.

edit on 12-2-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Never forgot that option. Covered it in the first line.

These people make stratergy plans for zombie attacks if they are truley ignoring reports then there is a reason.

I have no axe to grind here. I find little of interest in lights in the sky or people seeing aliens everywhere.

All the governments seem to be claiming they have closed the books. I actually conclude they look but dont tell. No information requests for documents that never existed. Officially.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by danny51kc
Let us hope someone in authority is still investigating ufo's covertly, because if not, with the ever growing possibility of life outside our planet... we are in trouble..... So is big brother watching or does it already know the facts.... and covering it up as long as they can

That's exactly what I am wondering. I started reading Alexander's book again, but his conclusion is so hard to swallow. After all, Alexander was studying remote viewing and other psychic phenomena while working for the U.S. Army. But we are to believe that the government is no longer interested in UFOs? (Of course I'm a UFO believer, so maybe this makes more sense to skeptics.)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

Let me get this straight, in point-blank questions asked of countless government officials, none admitted that they are studying UFOs?
Man, that is news, call Fox, pronto!

And in a followup interview, AG Holder replied when asked that question, "Absolutely not! I know nothing about UFOs or AK-47s, isn't that an old WWII bomber? Which direction is Mexico?"

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by colin42
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Never forgot that option. Covered it in the first line.

These people make stratergy plans for zombie attacks if they are truley ignoring reports then there is a reason.

I have no axe to grind here. I find little of interest in lights in the sky or people seeing aliens everywhere.

All the governments seem to be claiming they have closed the books. I actually conclude they look but dont tell. No information requests for documents that never existed. Officially.

If there is a group in government studying UFOs, how do they gather their data without revealing themselves to the people who must forward information from the FBI, CIA, DIA, etc.? If they try to gather this data surreptitiously they are likely to be caught by counter intelligence. The only way they could safely gather data would be through open sources and keeping agents within MUFON and similar organizations.

Alexander claims that there is a procedure for responding to information requests that reveal the existence of a black program. He claims to have stumbled onto other black programs but nothing when he inquired about UFO research.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
It would surprise me if the government were to study every UFO report, but I don't think they do. I believe that they will probably only look into a select few - ones with unexplainable videos or ones from reputable sources. That's if they aren't in contact already!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Let me get this straight, in point-blank questions asked of countless government officials, none admitted that they are studying UFOs?
Man, that is news, call Fox, pronto!

And in a followup interview, AG Holder replied when asked that question, "Absolutely not! I know nothing about UFOs or AK-47s, isn't that an old WWII bomber? Which direction is Mexico?"

O.k. like I mentioned I find this hard to believe but here is another quote from the book "UFOs: myths, conspiracies, and realities" page 15 by John B. Alexander regarding Roswell

Still, we thought there had to be an organization that had oversight and responsibility for protecting the technology. Since we [Alexander and Dr. Ron Blackburn from Lockheed Skunk Works] both held Top Secret-Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS-SCI) clearances, we wanted to be very careful so as to not jeopardize those coveted tickets as they were important to our livelihood. We also anticipated that if an exploration of the topic were conducted responsibly, one of two things would happen. The best scenario would be that we would be brought into the existing program, thus gaining information we wanted. In addition, done properly, we believed that the ATP [Alexander's group] members could bring some new expertise to the table.

The less desirable outcome was that we would be generically advised of a project and then censured. In that process we would be advised to read certain material, then be required to sign papers stating we would never reveal what we had learned - all accompanied by severe legal penalties for failure to comply. During my career I did get caught up in what was called "inadvertent disclosure." In some ways, that can be the worst outcome, short of going to jail. In that process you are allowed to read basic documents about the project but generally devoid of significant details, and then told to never inquire about the topic again. ...

edit on 12-2-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomjo
It would surprise me if the government were to study every UFO report, but I don't think they do. I believe that they will probably only look into a select few - ones with unexplainable videos or ones from reputable sources. That's if they aren't in contact already!

I suppose a secret study group in government could search the news and the UFO websites every day. Then if a report is interesting to them, they could masquerade as people from some non-covert group such as the FBI to interview witnesses and collect any hard evidence. As long as they keep their group small enough maybe they could hide themselves from nosy people within government. (I'm just speculating.)

But why all that secrecy? When other countries study UFOs it is no big deal. I think most Americans would be supportive of UFO research in the government. Also there could be an open group like Blue Book and a secret black group to handle the interesting cases. But it seems there is nothing according to Alexander's book.
edit on 12-2-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tomjo

Id agree that if something really bizarre happens with many witnesses then they will probably investigate but i doubt they can be bothered checking up on the 100's of misidentified Chinese lanterns and balloon sightings that MUFON get every day. MUFON is a magnet for UFO sighting wannabe's with many people on there having multiple reports in the hope of seeing something that makes them special or provides proof in their beliefs of alien visitation. Not to mention hoaxers who are trying to sell pictures to newspapers.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by tomjo

Id agree that if something really bizarre happens with many witnesses then they will probably investigate but i doubt they can be bothered checking up on the 100's of misidentified Chinese lanterns and balloon sightings that MUFON get every day. MUFON is a magnet for UFO sighting wannabe's with many people on there having multiple reports in the hope of seeing something that makes them special or provides proof in their beliefs of alien visitation. Not to mention hoaxers who are trying to sell pictures to newspapers.

So assume Alexander is correct when he says "What is important and unique are the details of direct interactions with senior officials from many agencies - and finding that no one was responsible for this topic anywhere in the U.S. Government."

How is the government investigating the really bizarre UFO sightings while keeping the existence of this research hidden from almost everybody - even the intelligence people in the government? Nobody inside government knows these researchers exist, so they can't forward the information to them. The researchers would need to fetch the information, interview witnesses, pick-up any physical evidence, etc. - all without revealing their existence.

In my opinion Alexander must be spreading disinformation for the government to strengthen the belief that the UFO phenomena is a big joke. His finding that "no one was responsible for this topic (UFOs) anywhere in the U.S. Government", is unbelievable.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
What do they need to investigate for? I'm sure they know aliens are here and they probably have contact with them along with arms dealings.

Here's my opinion:

Aliens are here and have been here for a long time. The government's of the world know this and have made contact. There is probably a intergalactic U.N. type this that makes laws on whether or not to make contaact with less advanced civilizations. Aliens probably have contacted the leaders of our world to let them make the decision on whether or not to let civilians know. And of course our government chose not to let us know about and they can't do anything about it. They can't for the most part interfere. I'm sure they will eventually be officially revealed to us. Either really soon or not for a long time. I read a post here about how the government might be trying to get us familiar with the idea of aliens through the media so they can be revealed soon. There has been sudden interest of them in the media lately. Take the superbowl commercials for example. Katy Perry - ET. Just a couple examples. But those also could be just because of this 2012 phenomenom. Doubt aliens will "invade" or try to take over Earth. If they wanted our resources they would have done that a long time ago. We've turned most of our world to # so why would they want it now? Some say they might want us as slaves. If they are so advanced though then can't they just use robots? Everybody points out about history and making contact with new civilizations and how it never ended well. But thats just HUMAN history. I'd like to think that an advanced civilization became advanced by working together instead of against each other like we do. Imagine what humans would be like if we worked together. It seems our only talent is weapons development though. Where do you think that will get us? Maybe what weopons are intended for - destruction.

I've only just started on my quest to the truth of aliens and ufos and thats what I've gotten from it. I'll also like to say that this is my own personal OPINION and that none of it is fact. And yes I know I sound like a nut.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by freedoomofspeech12

I guess I'm nutty too, because that sounds fairly reasonable.

Here are some questions: If the U.S. has already made contact with the aliens, how many people know about it? Also, wouldn't the U.S. government be wise to pretend to study UFOs while they are secretly maintaining relations with the aliens? Blue Book only had about 5 people on the payroll.

On the motives of the aliens, I have a nutty idea too. I think the aliens might be genetically engineering humans to be galactic citizens - humans with the same values and intelligence as aliens yet with physical bodies perfectly adapted for life on Earth.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I'm sure very few know about it and are sworn not to speak a word or there would punishment to them or their family.

It seems like instead of taking an interest in UFOs they just deny they exist and ridicule people who see them.

Your comment on the intentions of them is a good one. There are also rumors that the greys have no souls so they abduct humans to genetically modify their future race to have souls like us.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by freedoomofspeech12

There are also a few other UFO/paranormal theories I've considered:

(1) Normal psychologically healthy people might have moments of insanity and delusion

(2) A agitated human mind might unintentionally create semi-physical objects such as UFOs, ghosts, etc.

(3) There might be inter-dimensional beings that for some unknown reason are trying to screw around with people. I suspect they are trying to make us superstitious and religious to keep us ignorant.

edit on 13-2-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Try this : back in the middle of the 20th century, the government used Project Blue Book and the Condon Report to assure America that UFO's were bunk and there was nothing to the sightings, and furthermore, because is was all the "merest moonshine", to quote Doyle, they weren't going to investigate anymore. Then, all of a sudden, something happens to make them sit up and take notice. This is assuming the Eisenhower meeting/Roswell Incident never happen, btw. What do they do now? If they publicly investigate, they wind up with a healthy dose off egg on face. If they don't, well, in America's us v. them, the Cold War is still on mentality, not investigating the evil aliens (they're prolly Commies, don'cha know) would be criminal. So they would have to "go underground" as it were. In MUFON, in the ten zillion UFO "fanclubs" that sprang up...on a lil ol' site called ATS...

Just sayin'...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join