It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sign Tearing at Dem Rally Leads to Tears

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
cargo: I am pleased you referred posters to that thread, its mentions numerous occasions of Democrat supporters misbehavior. Could you list for me please the number of times that Republican supporters gatecrashed the DNC? And the number of times they started screaming and heckling speakers at the DNC??? Oh wait they were caged outside like animals to protect the civil rights of the Democrats.

A story about a Republican heckling speakers at the DNC was posted in exactly the same thread that I linked to you above. Open your eyes man.

Heckler from Kentucky interrupts Kerry speech

[edit on 17-9-2004 by cargo]

link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Oh this is just a shameless publicity stunt.

I was just going to post how long it will be until we found out their names. Blahoo did it for me...3 year-old Sophia Parlock and her father Phil Parlock.

Standing smack in the middle of the opposing team.

This will make a perfect opportunity for a photo shoot of Sophia with Bush. I hope they have call waiting because Oprah, People magazine, and the White House is trying to call.

Do you all wonder if the Bush camp would stoop low enough to allow this now-much-publicized photograph to be a planned publicity stunt? The family seems so well-dressed and groomed compared to others in the crowd.

Dot.

link   

Originally posted by Bangin
That guy needs to correct his immaturity. Whether he likes it or not that family is exercizing their rights. Had I been present he would have likely received a swift kick to the forehead.

I agree with Bangin on this - the guy was out of line. Other Dems in the crowd should have "corrected' this guy's behavior. It does not matter that it was one person among hundreds - the media will focus on him alone.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Oh you mean the guy who was assaulted by two democrats??? sorry missed that part. Thanks for pointing it out to everybody.

Originally posted by cargo

cargo: I am pleased you referred posters to that thread, its mentions numerous occasions of Democrat supporters misbehavior. Could you list for me please the number of times that Republican supporters gatecrashed the DNC? And the number of times they started screaming and heckling speakers at the DNC??? Oh wait they were caged outside like animals to protect the civil rights of the Democrats.

A story about a Republican heckling speakers at the DNC was posted in exactly the same thread that I linked to you above. Open your eyes man.

Heckler from Kentucky interrupts Kerry speech

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Dad is guilty of child abuse on this one.
Taking a child to a spectacle like this, or a potential spectacle is nothing I would ever do as a mother. I suppose the child is lucky he didnt leave her in the hot car with windows rolled up.

Exactly. However, if the dad is guilty of child abuse, then the guy who ripped her sign is guilty of assault. After all, how can it be child abuse if there was no danger to the child?

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Overnight we've gone from "Girlie Men" To Super Macho thugs on par with the Gestapo.

FLIP..FLOP...FLIP...FLOP..

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I think the definition of a 'girlie man" is one who beats up ON a little girl (I made this change to accentuate the phrase beat up ON - in this situation implying that he bullied and mocked a little girl, strangely enough this is why she is crying)? The little girl sits on her father's neck with a piece of the poster and the big bully with other parts of it that he ripped up.So I think the guy with the cap on bacwards proved it, maybe he should wear his pants backwards also.

I can only hope that Cargo is the typical Democrat vote , assuming that he is American, cause he couldn't find the place to put his mark with the assistance of a guide dog, the mounties and a map. I am sorry if this appears to be rude but I don't appreciate his insults in the posting below. Which he has altered a few times so far.

[edit on 17-9-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
You are quite ignorant. It doesnt even phase you to knowingly post lies in here.

Who beat up a little girl? You are a liar. Read before you speak.

My definition of a "Girlie-Man" would be one who kicks a woman twice while she is being held down by security. Wouldn't you agree Mynaeris?

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Nerdling: I agree with you it really is ok to tear a little girls poster? As long as other people are doing bad things also? WAIT what did this little girl do to the guy with the flip-flop cap? Nothing.

This thread was about the treatment of a child but as always we have to read about everything else others have done because it makes the harassment of a child better? NO!

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I can only hope that Cargo is the typical Democrat vote , assuming that he is American, cause he couldn't find the place to put his mark with the assistance of a guide dog, the mounties and a map. I am sorry if this appears to be rude but I don't appreciate his insults in the posting below. Which he has altered a few times so far.

Im no Democrat or Republican, nor American. This is an international forum and I'll comment as I please. If you want to discuss topics without international opinion I suggest you try www.freerepublic.com.

The alteration of my post was to add content.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
You are the liar, you were totally insulting to me. Firstly you didn't understand the phrase and called me a liar, and secondly you said I was totally ignorant. Your editing was to tone down your insults in case someone caught you at flaming me. I would like you to point out in the open without editing to protect yourself how I am ignorant and in which regard?

There is this grown up who intimidated a three year old, then mocked her when she was crying? Where I come from we do not harass kids for political or other reasons. You have the right to be wrong in your opinions (American or not) but not in your facts.

[edit on 17-9-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Apperantly one union had the fortitude to weigh in on this matter. I applaud them for thier statement.

www.ibpat.org...

I wonder if he will be fired?

[edit on 17/9/04 by jrsdls]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
jrsdls: I applaud that union for standing up and being counted! Thanks for finding that link. It takes a man/woman to stand up and admit when something that happened was wrong. These people are not girly men, however Mr flip-flop cap is.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   

You are the liar, you were totally insulting to me. Firstly you didn't understand the phrase and called me a liar, and secondly you said I was totally ignorant.

I speak English.

Your editing was to tone down your insults in case someone caught you at flaming me.

I wouldn't bother toning down "insults". I speak as I see things. I added content to my post and made the first line clearer. If I was going to tone down anything, it would be the use of language. I have used language before in a previous post on another thread and it was edited by a mod. I used none in that post to you, however.

I would like you to point out in the open without editing to protect yourself how I am ignorant and in which regard?

You are ignorant in your insinuation that some of us here support this arse harassing a little girl. As for "Beat up on", text is open to interpretation. Perhaps you should be more clear and concise when choosing your words. Afterall, this is not an American forum.

There is this grown up who intimidated a three year old, then mocked her when she was crying? Where I come from we do not harass kids for political or other reasons.

Here you go again, insinuating that I somehow support the harassing of the little girl. Where I come from, we not only abhor the harassing of children, we also take particular offence to women being beaten.

You have the right to be wrong in your opinions (American or not) but not in your facts.

I don't know what you are getting at here. But in any case, ok...

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dotgov101

Originally posted by Nerdling
Oh this is just a shameless publicity stunt.

I was just going to post how long it will be until we found out their names. Blahoo did it for me...3 year-old Sophia Parlock and her father Phil Parlock.

Standing smack in the middle of the opposing team.

This will make a perfect opportunity for a photo shoot of Sophia with Bush. I hope they have call waiting because Oprah, People magazine, and the White House is trying to call.

Do you all wonder if the Bush camp would stoop low enough to allow this now-much-publicized photograph to be a planned publicity stunt? The family seems so well-dressed and groomed compared to others in the crowd.

Dot.

[tongue-in-cheek]
And exactly who is the character that riped the sign? Is he really a Democrat? How come the camera was right at that point?

Maybe it's all a republican stunt!!!

Who knows?

If you belive that it was a missle that hit the Pentagon, then you should accept the theory that the whole thing is a staged event!

Oh, those evil Republicans.

[/tongue-out-of-cheek]

(edited for the sardonically impaired.
)

[edit on 17-9-2004 by HowardRoark]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
according to the union organizer's he was a democratic union member who will be disciplined by the head of the union. It was not a Republican stunt. You dems are all the same, never take the blame when one of your ilk does something wrong.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
according to the union organizer's he was a democratic union member who will be disciplined by the head of the union. It was not a Republican stunt. You dems are all the same, never take the blame when one of your ilk does something wrong.

And you republicans are all the same, completely lacking a sense of humor.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I guess I'm the only one who notices the 11 yearold ready to throw down... Fists all ready... and look at the fear in that guys eyes on the left. I think he's about to cry.

I bet he woulda kicked that backwards hat wearing liberal wussies butt.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
We have a right to a peaceful assembly and with that right, parents, along with their children should be able to attend demonstrations and rallies, pro or con, without the heckling that this child has endured.

Either party members should show maturity at these gatherings so that our chilren can learn about the due process of our government. We teach our children to do what we believe is right as soon as they start communicating, not later, unless we would have them to grow up ingorant.

Children not allowed at rallies? That's crock! That's the same as saying, don't take your children to church because they're to young to make a choice and can't make decisions on their own.

What's going to happen now? Will the liberals try to push for laws that outlaw those who are under 18 from attending rallies and church? They may not be able to vote, but they sure have the ability to learn.

And what this child has learned in this photo, is that people at Democratic rallies are scary and mean!

Good work Dems! Shoot yourself in the foot again!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join