It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warned for speaking out.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

WTF is going on in here!?! I thought I told you to clean your room!

d1k

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I was warned for "posting copyrighted material" where if the mods checked the copyright ended decades ago. That is to say IF I even posted the book they are refering to, which I did not.

They still have yet to respond to me with something other then "its copyrighted".

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Its better to suffer in silence than to burn in the harsh glare of the interrogation.

Your one action of dissent will not slow the brilliance of the revolution, as the powers that be operate under the unflinching assumption of infallibility. And those who do not adhere to the revolution are swept from its banks into death.

Now confess your crimes like a good little plebian, and cease your counter revolutionary actions.

The commisar is in town.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by d1k
I was warned for "posting copyrighted material" where if the mods checked the copyright ended decades ago. That is to say IF I even posted the book they are refering to, which I did not.

They still have yet to respond to me with something other then "its copyrighted".

If the copyright ended "decades ago" then this meant you were posting something that was originally written 100-150 years ago (since the term of copyright is the author's lifetime plus 70 years by international law.)

That's pretty old material, IMHO.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The Egyptian Book of the Dead is dated as far back as 1200-1600 BC.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
How do you Coptright something that old? Isnt it a bit like copyrighting the Bible?

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by d1k They still have yet to respond to me with something other then "its copyrighted".
Perhaps it was the "style" of your complaint that didn't cause the rush to be helpful? Just a thought. In any event, there is a publisher attempting claim to the version you posted. (as we indicated) Find another version, post a link to that. Simple.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well - the title of the thread was "The Eqyptian Book of the Dead For Download"...I don't know, but it seems to me that even though we no doubt all practice in ripping tihngs off of the net, ATS may not want to be legally involved in such an issue - especially given the name of that thread...

[edit on 9/17/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

Why not state your point of discussion without violating the posted rules of the site?

what a novel idea

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Oh the drama! This is the perfect time for the jedi mindtrick...

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I was NOT warned?
If you check my account, you will CLEARLY see a warning on 12-9-2004, that says WARNING, and was sent from FORUM STAFF.

So do not ever attempt to tell me I was NOT warned, when I clearly was sent a warning for the things I had said in Lady's thread.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
And regardless of how many warnings I recieve, I will continue to express my ideas and beliefs, RATHER majority belief or not.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
As I had said, I was warned for speaking out in Lady's thread, and there is proof.
I did not create any lie whatsoever, so I would appreciate it if everyone in this thread keeps they're mouths closed about issues they know nothing about, and that Skeptic stop creating lies himself.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousID

You made this?

[edit on 18-9-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about the u2u. Just keep posting the way you do. Why worry about it?

I'm always posting crazy things and I think I got one u2u like yours a few months ago about something minor. I never have got a warning that I remember. I'm certain I've been plonked by half the group though for my extreme views

Get over it.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

As I had said, I was warned for speaking out in Lady's thread, and there is proof.
I did not create any lie whatsoever, so I would appreciate it if everyone in this thread keeps they're mouths closed about issues they know nothing about, and that Skeptic stop creating lies himself.

Dude, you were warned for circumventing censors, not "speaking out."

And here's the proof.

Jarhead's post sinched it for me.
It's 2 cars.

But what I can't seem to fathom, is why when a reg member posts a pic, we're all supposed to jump on the bandwagon of believeing it's real, and any attempt to debunk, has people excited, and saying we can't do it?

Deny ignorance? Then stop being ignorant, and let people have free choice, free belief, and free will, and stop trying to run this site like a boot camp.

[edit on 12-9-2004 by AnonymousID]

Edit for poor language.

[edit on 12-9-2004 by intrepid]

I don't remember what you said exactly but intrepid and I discussed it and removed it. It was just words, not sentiment. Those words were in violation of the TAC and posted by you in a way to circumvent the censor.

And my post immediately following should have clarified it.

Originally posted by RANT
It's not a bootcamp or a playground anonymousID, its a discussion forum. Please keep it clean and avoid the censor circumvention.

Why I never heard boo from you about this, but it's coming up now with screen captures of my warn (my new screensaver btw, thanks) is beyond me. Please feel free to U2U us about any mod action you question.

If there's a larger issue in this current passion play I'm missing, please note I'm only addressing your most recent post in this thread about being "warned for speaking out" ...which you weren't.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Some of the Admins and Moderators do have an awfully high opinion of themselves. As though they are here to Dictate what is a legitimate viewpoint. A lot of people do seem to like to cow tow to their opinions. I do suspect there are agents interested in sculpting and sheparding opinions about certain sensitive subjects. The question is are some of those agents Admins and Mods?

Partly it may be a kind of ego thing. The people who get very attached to something blur the line between themselves and that to which they are attached.

Most religions believe God gave us free will. That inherently implies freedom of thought. The very idea that someone thinks that everyone else should believe what they believe is what is wrong with people. It is in fact a kind of r*pe of the mind. However one comes to having a free thinking mind it is sacred and should never be violated for any reason, Neither by individuals or collective opinion. It is your free will, defend it with your life.

I don't believe in God , but believe freedom of thought is ours as a happy accident of nature. The mind should be the playground for those who relish it.

Thinking you have a fix on the only truth presumes that the past itself is fixed. It very well could be that the past is as divergent as the future. Im sure seen in detail, close up, we would have very different perspectives on our cherished notions of simple right and wrong, good and evil throughout history.

To deny ignorance is to encourage, NOT SQUELCH, speculation and free and open discussion. At best is keeping it on a high emotion free intellectual plane as devoid of attitudes, but because some things do affect our actual lives we inevitably become emotionally attached and engaged

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Some of the Admins and Moderators do have an awfully high opinion of themselves. As though they are here to Dictate what is a legitimate viewpoint.

Did you read and agree to the rules and regulations when you registered? The Mods and admins are simply holding you to what you, and all of us, agreed on...why is that such a problem for some of you? Did you expect to agree to it, and then just be able to do what ever you wanted to anyway?

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
My Dearest Lady V,
When it comes to opinions, I think no individual rates any higher than any other. I would even include my own. For practical purposes, because I work and act based on my opinions, I would prefer be correct or at least not injuriously wrong. The moment anyone thinks they are anymore than one iota in the vast Universe [probably Multiverse] they are simply wrong. Humility is always in order and should only be set aside when dealing with those who have mistakenly seen themselves as more than an iota.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join