It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Renowned Geophysicist Says Strange Sky Sounds Are Real

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I'm assuming the ones that sound like they are coming from the sky do.
That is not a valid assumption for low frequency sounds. For high frequency sounds it's probably a valid assumption.

The wavelength of low frequency sounds (near the threshold of human hearing) is so large that the directional capabilities of human hearing become extremely limited.

If you have a subwoofer at home you can easily verify this by playing some very low frequencies through the subwoofer and moving it in different locations in the room. It's hard to tell where the sound is coming from. With higher frequencies, it's much easier to tell where the sound is coming from.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Yaaaa,

we have permission to believe in them now!
This is great news for the weak minded.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Check Out SETI Discovery Fleet of UFO's heading towards the Earth on youtube...The ET's are already here

Amy in NC

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Take a look at SETI Discovery of UFO'S heading towards Earth on youtube..its all connected

Amy in NC

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Jeeze i sure hope so.....all this waiting around is getting to me.....

The CME theory, may explain some of the sounds, the earths core theory some other portion.....
But i can still see the triangle that guy filmed and hear that strange kind of jackammering sound....
Its been on a couple other site there too...but no sky pictures on them....
That thing that sounds like a huge jet plane thats hovering overhead......those two i suspect of being UFO related maybe....
The trumpets, well????
That this guy has a degree doesnt mean his are the only available theories...whats your guesses?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
AHA, I was right, from the CMEs from the sun and the coming from the core. Woot Woot..

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I read in an article somewhere that the sounds of subsonic frequencies can most times pass through the body and create a recognition in the bone. People who can feel a storm coming know this because most times the subsonic frequencies travel faster than the storm. If there are high sideways winds the subsonic sounds are blown aside though so there may not always be a "feeling in the bones". The brain can probably translate this. Other articles stated that the sound can make some people move their feet or fingers to drumbeats. Sounds weird but after thinking about it for a few hours and researching more I feel it may even be probable. The concentrations of magnesium and sulfur in the body would have some effect also. That one is more complicated and needs a little more thinking. All I know for sure is that magnesium Sulfate turns sound into energy in the oceans. Our body fluids have lots in common with the sea. I'm assuming there may be a link in the actions. Little off topic but this may be how we actually hear these sounds. It may be how the animals sense volcanos and earthquakes ahead of time.

edit on 11-2-2012 by rickymouse because: Not enough alcohol?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I have a theory on how a CME could cause quakes. If the CME hits our magnetic field and pushes the earth ever so slightly like a fraction of an inch but not the core which is locked to the orbit. This would cause the compression of the magma on one side creating a more energetic magma which would correspond to more friction on the mantle on the one side. I don't know if this little bit would be enough to do anything though and I will never have the ability to test this other than in Philosophy.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
from the OP link

to my knowledge gravity does not come in waves ...except in the star-trek series

Gravitational Waves - Caltech PDF

I had to check that gravity had a waveform, I could likely be wrong but I'm fairly sure everything has a waveform.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mretgis

I thought so too, but then a friend ruined it all for me by telling me that pink does not have a frequency and doesn't exist outside the human mind.

Yap, a bit off topic, but anyone else heard about this?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
remind you of the movie 2012 much?

earths core is heating, of course its going to be moaning

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by philozofer

what? the? hell?

i want to know more lol PINK
edit on 12-2-2012 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

Here is a good explanation from someone who understands it better then I:

There is single EM frequency which our eyes and brains see as 'yellow'. I can generate this response in your brain with that frequency or by a mix of others (like red and green). The point of 'there is no Pink' is that there is no single frequency of light that your brain will see as pink (or Magenta for that matter).

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
In the video he also says there is nothing to worry about. So don't pick and choose.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
And this is why 'hoaxes' at this point are such a problem. There is a real phenomena going on, and it has been muddled by a large number of people trying to be smart or think they are 'having fun.'

We need good material and good data to go on. Something is happening, and its important to really get some good reports in without having to worry about people and their 'hoaxes.'

Hopefully, this news will start more people to look at this seriously.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Sooooo Uhh what colour is pink?
I mean thiss here pink cherry blossom, are you saying its um yellow?
Uh Sure guy....
The long count callander, which IS the precession...brings us to an area of space that contains a different texture if you will, than the space we have been travelling in around the galactic arm....
What they claim, is that the space we now are travelling through is mpore energized, it is some kind of space ion cloud or plasma cloud ???
maybe this too may be having cumulative effects .....???Especially about core heating....
Also if the core gets more liquified somehow, wouldnt this make the surface more unstable as the earth would tend to react to its own centrifigal force, through surface cracking?
earthquakes in other words?
Speaking of gravity waves,
Suppose a more liduid core would allow heaved and oddly conformed crustal area to rise or subside into a more uniform sphereical shape?Spreading the mass of the earth more uniformly around its circumferance....
What after all causes continental drift?
This would alter local conditions gravty wise as the stresses even out around the globe???
Are the techtonic plates, along their boundaries cracked , right down to the magma???

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I'm not buying the sun explanation. The sun has been around for billions of years and it's creating sounds from CMEs at this point in time? One video with strange sounds pops up, and now we have countless copy cats. Nah... no thanks.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I sure hope they figure out what's doing it soon. I think I might actually be hearing a variant of the hum right now. It's creeping me out.
Then again it's also a very windy night tonight so maybe the wind is striking something and giving off a resonance somehow. It's sort of a vibrational noise but only happens every so often all of a sudden and then stops. I don't think it's a motor or anything because it's 2 in the morning in a rural area. I just keep telling myself it's the wind and hoping it stops either way.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Alright now, listen to this. This is manmade sound purposefully being transmitted from who knows where up into the atmosphere or from the space station for all we know! They can do lots of freaky stuff from the ISS. However, listen to the low frequency "music" made by this waterphone, invented by Richard Waters in the 1960's. Absolutely identical to the sounds on numerous videos worldwide! Everything in our world is a fraud at this point in time to manipulate the masses! Lots of MSM propaganda being pumped into worldwide news to the dumbing down of the people to lead them down the rabbit hold of world currency and world domination. Can you say Zionist Banker Cabalists?

www.waterphone.com...

The waterphone has been featured in the soundtracks to many movies, including Let the Right One In (film) (2008), The Matrix, Star Trek: The Motion Picture, Dark Water (2002 film), and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, ALIENS, as well as in Tan Dun's opera The First Emperor (2006). A sound sample can be found at The Freesound Project.[3]

www.freesound.org...

The waterphone has been featured in the soundtracks to many movies, including Let the Right One In (film) (2008), The Matrix, Star Trek: The Motion Picture, Dark Water (2002 film), and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, ALIENS, as well as in Tan Dun's opera The First Emperor (2006). A sound sample can be found at The Freesound Project.[3]

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Wow!

Ok, The solar flare part, it's just a highly magnetic planet passing by causing a reaction to the sun to act. Don't worry the radiation isn't going to kill you. Solar flares have not been proven to kill people in the true history, only in movies does it proven that it will kill people (which isn't true)

The sound from the ground deal, it's another indicator that the earth is hollow and it's ringing like a bell at this point.

So in summary, don't worry about the solar flare, if your in a spacestation in space then your have your going to feel a little warm and a whole lot stronger. The noise in the ground, don't worry, just record the sound and shelf it and mark it "Earth ringing like a bell."

Awesome stuff here!

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join