Renowned Geophysicist Says Strange Sky Sounds Are Real

page: 1
79
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+39 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Renowned Geophysicist Says Strange Sky Sounds Are Real


www.datelinezero.com

Two distinct sources given for the forces which have produced these strange sky sounds lately......
One is the solar activity of the CMEs and flares of an active sun....
The other is slightly more ominous sounding and seems to be comming from beneath us .....
The earths core is the second possibility for the noises generated across the globe....
read the artcle for a more detailed pisture of both scenarios and the prediction for the next two years of increased earth changes.....
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2/11/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)




posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I dinno, im willing to await the experts opinionson this second possibility, (which seems more resonable to me,) and poses a very active crust for the next year or two....
Tsunamis, earthquakes, and other disasterous phenomena are predicted in the second scenario....
But the proponent seems to be making no bones about the validity of his predictions.
Earthquake guys should give a go at the core theory and see if it at all lines up with current cutting edge quake theory....maybe its key.....
regards ...s

www.datelinezero.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Is it possible that increased internal temperatures of the core of magma(im told it is nickel iron)has liquified the earths core sufficiently to cause a significant drop in its density to give the outer crust as weaker grip in it as it spins thus leaving the crust lagging slightly behind the core, perhaps centimeters or less, but taken to the surface geometrically progresses into earth quake type stresses or pressure in faults that would normally be strong enough to hold the pressure, but in this case, give way to the added stresses?

Another consequence of a hotter core may be the loss of a significant portion of the magnetic field around the earth.....9I base this on the fact that metal that gets melted looses its inherent magnetic qualities to a certain degree....
IE if you heat up a steel magnet to hot enough, you destroy any residual magnetism in it....and it must be magnetized again to be of use.
Perhaps thsi extra energy the sun is projecting in both the visible, and the invisible spectrums, is caussing the magnetic field to weaken in tis or perhaps another manner (say reversing the currents......
edit on 11-2-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling
 

Well, thanks for the post. A quick search of Dr. Elchin Khalilov results in some highly regarded accolades. This is not just some nutter throwing out willd shots in the dark.

I have thought personally that the "sounds" have been connected to earthquake activity. Although Dr. Khalilov's opinion brings much more weight than mine!




This article was a good read. Thanks! S&F

edit: On a side note... The title of the article Scientist Says Sky Sounds are Real...

Really??? If I need for someone else to tell me what is real and what is not real, please lock me up!
edit on 11-2-2012 by redzareptile because: I'm having issues....



posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
they are being heard around the world, and this is the first time they are being reported.

earthquakes are a joke. canada has as many earthquakes as tsunamis.



posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling
 
The earth makes lots of sounds. Some we hear and some we sense with our bones. I really don't know much about the Harp project but if there's scientists involved in it you can almost bet they are hiding behind "proving that it is hurting people" and "There is no evidence to prove it's hurting anyone" in their works. Under the present world legal system you are held harmless if there is no knowledge that what you are doing will cause harm. All testing is done to exclude anything that may inadvertantly happen and they are not guilty of any crime. An insurance policy is taken out to pay for legal fees to fight the lawsuits that erupt or they hide under the fact that you can't sue the Federal Government. I am just stating again what many here already know. I understand that lack of evidence of prior knowledge can protect one from procecution in the high levels of our society. Same old form of deception has been going on for a long time and has caused regular working people much hardship.



posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by redzareptile
reply to post by stirling
 

Well, thanks for the post. A quick search of Dr. Elchin Khalilov results in some highly regarded accolades. This is not just some nutter throwing out willd shots in the dark.
No it's a scientist throwing out wild shots in the dark. Better than a nutter, and not quite as wild, but still shots in the dark.

There is absolutely no mention of any supporting evidence for his guess. In fact it would be fairly trivial to put together some CME solar flare times and see if they correspond to noises and there is no mention that he did that. He mentions the increase in solar activity in general, but that doesn't necessarily prove anything.

I think the sounds are real...but I think my guess is as good as his until one of us has some data to make it more than a guess.
edit on 11-2-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification



posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

I dinno, im willing to await the experts opinionson this second possibility, (which seems more resonable to me,) and poses a very active crust for the next year or two....
Tsunamis, earthquakes, and other disasterous phenomena are predicted in the second scenario....
But the proponent seems to be making no bones about the validity of his predictions.
Earthquake guys should give a go at the core theory and see if it at all lines up with current cutting edge quake theory....maybe its key.....
regards ...s

www.datelinezero.com
(visit the link for the full news article

Is it possible that increased internal temperatures of the core of magma(im told it is nickel iron)has liquified the earths core sufficiently to cause a significant drop in its density to give the outer crust as weaker grip in it as it spins thus leaving the crust lagging slightly behind the core, perhaps centimeters or less, but taken to the surface geometrically progresses into earth quake type stresses or pressure in faults that would normally be strong enough to hold the pressure, but in this case, give way to the added stresses?

Another consequence of a hotter core may be the loss of a significant portion of the magnetic field around the earth.....9I base this on the fact that metal that gets melted looses its inherent magnetic qualities to a certain degree....
IE if you heat up a steel magnet to hot enough, you destroy any residual magnetism in it....and it must be magnetized again to be of use.
Perhaps thsi extra energy the sun is projecting in both the visible, and the invisible spectrums, is caussing the magnetic field to weaken in tis or perhaps another manner (say reversing the currents......
edit on 11-2-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)


Well done, you! Great analysis and a plausible theory! Sure that holds some weight!
All that you say about magnetism is acurate.



posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur
 


I am a person throwing out some wild theory that you are a human being. I have no supporting evidence that you are human. It is just that a posted comment made from an account in which i am replying to some how made words appear on my screen.

In fact , it would be fairly trivial of me to put together two and two about the force being applied is caused by a saphisticated organic being , but further research is warranted to support my idea. As common sense of the only few possible explanations sometimes need to be explored and explained for / to others with factual beyond a doubt proof they believe you are not a robot trying to take over the world.

While i do believe you to be human, my guess is like any other logical person's guess that a human may be applying the energy needed to present us with words but possibly ,the letters appearing could be the cause of a troll ; further investigation is needed.
edit on 11-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Applause to that researcher for taking this seriously. I think it's too easy for others in the scientific community to blow this kind-of thing off.

I think it's interesting that the sun has been more active lately, and so have reports of the "sky sounds." Seems worthy of genuine scientific research.



posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur
 

Agreed, that his is just a theory as is the CME theory. I would have like to seen more balanced data.

I don't know what your field of expertise is but my point was that I would give more creedence to this article as he has been studying the geophysical science for a long time.
This is a pretty good honor...


In 2002, Khalilov E.N. was elected as the member of Presidium of International Council for Scientific Development/International Academy of Science and he is presented with gold pin after Laureate of Nobel prize Pavlov supreme reward of International Academy of Science/ICSD (October, Brazil, c. Sao-Paolo).

This takes some work too...


E.N.Khalilov is the author of more than 250 published scientific articles, eight monographs, more than 300 popular scientific articles.


Again I am not cutting your theory down or think the CME's can or can not be ruled out.

It is good to see that issues that are important to us ATS'ers are being looked at by accomplished scientists.



posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I am not in any way belittling this guy, but this is just one guy. I have heard about two others speak out. However, it seems the jury is still out on this. I have yet to hear these sounds so I cannot comment as to if they are real.



posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
from the OP link



the impact of shock waves in the solar wind, streams of corpuscles and bursts of electromagnetic radiation are the main causes of generation of acoustic-gravitation waves following increased solar activity.



and the "acoustic gravity waves"... what is that?

 



denser strata in the Earth and more mass results in higher gravity -> that is actually measured by satellites and their orbits altered...

to my knowledge gravity does not come in waves ...except in the star-trek series



at least the russians are speaking of Earth core activity as being a possible generator



posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur
 


Generally I would defer to you as you seem to have much more scientific knowledge than I but, I'm getting something else entirely than wild guesses...


“We have analyzed records of these sounds and found that most of their spectrum lies within the infrasound range, i.e. is not audible to humans. What people hear is only a small fraction of the actual power of these sounds. They are low-frequency acoustic emissions in the range between 20 and 100 Hz modulated by ultra-low infrasonic waves from 0.1 to 15 Hz. In geophysics, they are called acoustic-gravity waves; they are formed in the upper atmosphere, at the atmosphere-ionosphere boundary in particular. There can be quite a lot of causes why those waves are generated: earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, storms, tsunamis, etc. However, the scale of the observed humming sound in terms of both the area covered and its power far exceeds those that can be generated by the above-mentioned phenomena.”


So this type of thing is actually normal geomagnetic activity but on a larger scale, we don't typically hear this happening even though it is normal. So he goes on to suggest that something more powerful is causing the magnetosphere to hum like we have been hearing, to me it's a logical step that the stronger CME/Flares we have been having the past couple of years (if I recall that correctly) is going to cause a louder hum to the point of being audible to human ears. Maybe this is why animals go nuts before geo activity, if this is what they're hearing I can understand why.

ETA: Great thread OP, thanks for sharing.
edit on 11-2-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
I am not in any way belittling this guy, but this is just one guy. I have heard about two others speak out. However, it seems the jury is still out on this. I have yet to hear these sounds so I cannot comment as to if they are real.
You can search youtube...maybe something like "strange sounds in sky" or vary the search....I've done this and people have recorded strange sounds....so there's no doubt they are real.

However....they don't all sound the same. Therefore, I'm not sure it even makes sense to suggest that they all have the same source.


Originally posted by milkyway12
I am a person throwing out some wild theory that you are a human being.
What else would I be? Monkeys and apes can type a little bit but not quite this well.


the letters appearing could be the cause of a troll ; further investigation is needed.
You could be right about that. The question is, who is the troll? I'm saying these sounds may have multiple sources and you're questioning if Im a human being. Which of those two ponderings is more troll-like?


Originally posted by redzareptile
Agreed, that his is just a theory as is the CME theory. I would have like to seen more balanced data.

I don't know what your field of expertise is but my point was that I would give more creedence to this article as he has been studying the geophysical science for a long time.
I'm not complaining about his credentials. But when your tool is a hammer everything begins to look like a nail. In fact some of the sounds could be what he says, but even if that's true, it would be nice to see some data to support it.

After listening to numerous sounds myself, they sound different enough that I don't think they all have the same cause. I think the approach needed is to use specific recordings of specific sounds recorded at specific times, and try to correlate those to specific events, be they CMEs, Earthquakes, or what have you. This doesn't have to be a matter of such speculation...we have the sound recordings, we have CME data and lots of earthquake data....it just needs to be looked at and determination made if there is a correlation or not. The guys credentials are no substitute for evidence.



posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Generally I would defer to you as you seem to have much more scientific knowledge than I but, I'm getting something else entirely than wild guesses...


“We have analyzed records of these sounds and found that most of their spectrum lies within the infrasound range, i.e. is not audible to humans. What people hear is only a small fraction of the actual power of these sounds. They are low-frequency acoustic emissions in the range between 20 and 100 Hz modulated by ultra-low infrasonic waves from 0.1 to 15 Hz. In geophysics, they are called acoustic-gravity waves; they are formed in the upper atmosphere, at the atmosphere-ionosphere boundary in particular. There can be quite a lot of causes why those waves are generated: earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, storms, tsunamis, etc. However, the scale of the observed humming sound in terms of both the area covered and its power far exceeds those that can be generated by the above-mentioned phenomena.”


So this type of thing is actually normal geomagnetic activity but on a larger scale, we don't typically hear this happening even though it is normal. So he goes on to suggest that something more powerful is causing the magnetosphere to hum like we have been hearing, to me it's a logical step that the stronger CME/Flares we have been having the past couple of years (if I recall that correctly) is going to cause a louder hum to the point of being audible to human ears. Maybe this is why animals go nuts before geo activity, if this is what they're hearing I can understand why.
I'm not saying it's NOT CMEs. What I'm saying is, CMEs happen at very specific times. That does NOT say that the specific times of the CME events and the sounds have been correlated. That would be something you would want to do if you want to convince people the cause is CMEs.



posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur
 


Well, if it's normal for the ionosphere/magnetosphere to hum just normally at frequencies out of human range of hearing, then what else could be charging it up so high as to produce frequencies we can hear?

I was hoping for aliens, personally.



posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74
 


Ohhh! I would imagine 1,000,000,000 watts projected into the ionosphere would cause quite a hum......

And that just happens to be about what the HAARP technology spits out at any given time.



posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Arbitrageur
 


Well, if it's normal for the ionosphere/magnetosphere to hum just normally at frequencies out of human range of hearing, then what else could be charging it up so high as to produce frequencies we can hear?
You're assuming they all come from that source? Some sounds may indeed come from the ionosphere, but I don't think they all do.

Here's just one example of strange humming sounds that don't come from the ionosphere, and we can hear them:

Booming Sands

I'm sure there are other sounds we can hear that don't come from the ionosphere, and some may even be yet to be measured/correlated as specifically as these booming sands sounds have been documented.



posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The earth makes all sort of sounds. Finally someone with crudentials listened for them. He was probably trying to discredit others and that was the drive to make him actually do the testing. Noone ever listens to the regular Guy/Gal who see things these days. They live in a different world from most scientists, the real world.



posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur
 


I'm assuming the ones that sound like they are coming from the sky do.






top topics



 
79
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join