It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Maine give Republican Paul his first win

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Will Maine give Republican Paul his first win

www.reuters.com

He is the only one of the four contenders for the Republican presidential nomination not to have won a state primary or caucus.

But on Saturday, Ron Paul could get his best shot at a victory in Maine, the cold, far northeastern state that has given a warm reception to his libertarian views.

Local caucusing has been under way in Maine since January 29, and will continue in a few towns until March. Even so, the state Republican Party will announce the winner of its presidential straw poll on Saturday, and the Texas congressman's strong on-the-ground organization could have a big impact.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Well, I hope this is the turning point!

Paul needs a win to show he's a contender.

REGARDLESS of the TRUE delegate count that he is sure to surge in once they are tallied...

Despite the election fraud that the GOP is implementing to avoid a "non-establishment" candidate from getting the nomination....

Would a win in Maine propel Paul forward? What say you ATS?

www.reuters.com

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
He won't win. He might have a chance if it was a fair election, but unfortunately it's not going to happen.
edit on 10-2-2012 by targeting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by defuntion

Well, I hope this is the turning point!

Paul needs a win to show he's a contender.

REGARDLESS of the TRUE delegate count that he is sure to surge in once they are tallied...

Despite the election fraud that the GOP is implementing to avoid a "non-establishment" candidate from getting the nomination....

Would a win in Maine propel Paul forward? What say you ATS?

www.reuters.com

Paul needs to get some sort of win, It feels just wrong seeing the primaries. Well Santorum has won some so that prooves that winning should not be all that impossible. I hope that Paul can at least take Texas.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by targeting

I am trying to be positive, though I feel you could be right...

Stacked cards and all.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Strange how he went from a possible Iowa winner in mid December to not winning anything at all.....smells fishy for sure.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by afsalazar

I think he has a great chance in Texas.

If Maine pans out, maybe it will snowball from there... ??

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Apparently not!

Romny has already won!

See my thread here-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
If you're just looking for an opinion, and nothing based on polling data or inside information, here's mine. He's had a tough time with the press to date, that's hurt. Every other candidate has had people say "See, I knew he could win, he's the one." His message has swept the Internet, but stopped there.

I think winning Maine, even if it happens, will be seen as too little, too late. It would help if Maine was a larger state or seen to be representative of the country as a whole. This news isn't enough to lift me out of a depression. Sorry.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I've gotten to where I don't trust the voting process. Dead people usually do not vote but South Carolina figured out a way. Over 900 dead people voted one year during an election. There's no drivers license requirement in most places. It's against the law to ask for your license in states like New Hampshire during voting. I don't get it. I have to show my license to buy alcohol but not to vote for a presidential candidate?

Just in case by some stretch of imagination the voting process is a little legit I'm still voting for Ron Paul. I'll write him in if I have to. There's no event I want to see more than Ron Paul debating Barack Obama.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Honestly I think alot of people overestimate the scope of Ron Paul's message and how widespread it is. While there is no doubt that he has alot of support, a majority of the Republican party don't tend to be on the same wavelength as Paul supporters. It's essentially two different ideologies being espoused by the younger (not always but often) libertarian leaning voters who are strong Paul supporters and the older (again not always) more traditional conservative voters who are quieter and tend to favor what people on here would probably consider the 'status quo' republican candidates. One has realize that the popular internet support for Ron Paul does not accurately translate into mainstream support.

That being said I do prefer Paul's policies compared to any of the other Republican candidates.
edit on 11-2-2012 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by defuntion

Oh wow. Maine. Big whoop.

It's still just one state. Paul has to win a lot more to get the nomination.

top topics

join