It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preserved Sumerian? Interesting Video, Fake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Okay, so I was stumbling around Youtube, and found this..

Rather interesting to me, I read some comments. Somebody said something about Gilgamesh? I see articles dating back to 2003 about the apparent discovery of the tomb of Gilgamesh, so I don't really know what to think, obviously I remain about 99% skeptical as to the authenticity of this video..

The eyes of this body seem to glow, and the gold fish with writing (Sumerian?) coupled with the golden underwear really strike me. I did a search and didn't find this video.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanJP

First of all I don't see why he would be preserved. Regarding his eyes I think those are just coins.
S&F for sharing, but I think that might not be what you think it is

edit on 10-2-2012 by Hellas because: typo

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
the metals look remarkably new. very shiny indeed
interesting nonetheless

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

I didn't ever assume it was real, I just found it interesting. I was also confused as to why preservation took place at all. Perhaps this was some marketing campaign or something? I looked at the person's other videos, they didn't scream hoaxer.

I like the fish.

Also, that casket looks rather old, and the golden interior plating actually looks real to me. Then again, what the hell do I know?
edit on 10-2-2012 by EvanJP because: interior statement d00d

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
interesting comment on yt:
"Gilgamesh, found and then ushered out silently by the UK and US with promise to disclose aftert study "

what is this?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

That is the comment that I was speaking of in the OP.

I am looking for more information now.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanJP

Strange video, but, I'm pretty sure this is not a video of a real live dead preserved Sumerian.
Looks like a bearded Fakir/Sufi, posing/reenacting.
The 'burial' trappings seem off too, not really all that similar to actual trappings found at real burials from what I've seen.

Cool, and spooky, but, I'm pretty sure it's fake.
Scientists and archeaologists would not be milling about looming over over this, snapping shots with their phones.
It wouldn't be a public spectacle where this a real finding as there'd be quite a bit of study, research, and diligence to site security to preserve site context, as well as keeping such a find (were it real) safe.
Due the 'preservation', anyone working on such a site would also be wearing clean suits, and at least filtration masks, due the potential for biological cross contamination to/from the 'find'.

It's a fun little video, but, in highest confidence, fake.

edit on 10-2-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Scientists and archeaologists would be milling about looming over over this, snapping shots with their phones.

if they have a chance to....and not everything is shown to the public directly...some items remain hidden for years or even get lost in the archives...or are not allowed to get public....maybe we see a item just before the scientists get their hands on it...the people in the background an stuff - maybe the grave-robbers...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

I saw a few people taking pictures with phones, that is one of the things that peaked my interest...

The West doesn't really get ANY unfiltered news coming out of the middle-eastern countries, it would be highly probable that we never got wind of any such discovery.

I don't know much of the trappings used in those worlds, so I cannot really comment any further on that issue.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
interesting:

"This was a great hoax made around a real discovery of a mummy in an ancient cemetery in Sanandaj, in Iran's Kurdistan Province by road workers.

the rela discovery is here: www.tabnak.ir/pages/?ci­d=26168 "

"It's a fake made for some tourist reconstruction display I remember reading."

"they showed it in irans tv - its fake ... and i do not also like ahmadinejad or khameneii... its fake people...."

-sounds like a cover story-
edit on 10-2-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
if it is real this video then prove "something" , if it is not real and is fake then prove "something else" !! Heil Nibiru or Heil Nwo !

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sabalsis1972

I don't know what to prove, I don't know how to respond to that post at all hahaha!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen
interesting:

"This was a great hoax made around a real discovery of a mummy in an ancient cemetery in Sanandaj, in Iran's Kurdistan Province by road workers.

the rela discovery is here: www.tabnak.ir/pages/?ci­d=26168 "

"It's a fake made for some tourist reconstruction display I remember reading."

"they showed it in irans tv - its fake ... and i do not also like ahmadinejad or khameneii... its fake people...."

-sounds like a cover story-
edit on 10-2-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

And it looks fake too. A cover story for what?

If a mummy was found, I doubt it was Sumerian. It likely dates from the Persian empire, if anything. Only Lenin looks that good and they work hard at keeping him that way. At any rate, it certainly wouldn't be Gilgamesh. One, there is no evidence that Gilgamesh was a real person and not just a literary character. Two, The Epic of Gilgamesh was an amazing find (though fragmented) in and of itself. Three, it makes no sense that out of all of the people who lived in Sumeria that they would find this guy and it would be Gilgamesh. Really? Four, unless he was encased in ice, this is the best preserved mummy I've ever seen (if it is real). Six, even if the mummy was well preserved, the things surrounding him would have shown signs of obvious decay (and there isn't). Seven, Iran would have no vested interest in keeping such an amazing find a secret. They would tell the world, brag, relate it to something in their religion, etcetera. Eight, all things considered, sometimes the most plausible answer is the obvious one- the one where it is stated that the mummy was a reproduction made for a tourist display that was possibly inspired by the find of a real mummy.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I love the plastic princess tiara...

Probably a left over prop from a circus. Used to be hoaxers took pride in their work. This guy couldn't even bother adding a little dirt and grime to his Dollar Store bag of trinkets.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanJP

you don`t need to respond , this is above abovetopsecret !!!
)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LeSigh

1) there are a lot of mummies well preserved like the one in the video
2)

I doubt it was Sumerian
thats a opinion

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen
reply to post by LeSigh

1) there are a lot of mummies well preserved like the one in the video
2)

I doubt it was Sumerian
thats a opinion

Obviously, it is an opinion. However, I use deductive reasoning, and that reasoning tells me it is likely not Sumerian, but rather from the later Persian empire- if that is an actual mummy- which I'm not buying. There are lots of well preserved mummies, but if you look at them, they don't look like the one in the video at all. Well preserved is relative. One reason I think it may be Persian (again I'm more on the fake side) is that the Persians are documented as knowing about the mummification the Egyptians used. In fact, mummy is a Persian word from 'mummia' because they erroneously thought the Egyptians used resin in the mummification process which turned the skin dark like the resin they named them for (they didn't).

top topics

join