It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Discrepancy in Lake Vostok Date???

page: 1
6

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Discrepancy in Lake Vostok Date???


www.foxnews.com

The water was in a glass container and appeared yellowish in color. It carried a note that read, "Lake Vostok, more than million years old, depth 3,769.3 meters (12,365 feet), 5.12.11, Antarctic."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
So Putin gets his drink and it is labeled 5.12.11 can someone PLEASE explain to me how that is possible in ANY combination of numbers that the timeline the public has been given?!?!

Have I just not been paying close enough attention to the dates and times for the drilling process? Is this an approximation? Or maybe the Russians just totally blew it...or Fox News... either really aren't that far out possibilities IMHO.

Thoughts? Was it the Nazis in Antarctica? Aliens? A typo? What the heck? Thoughts?



www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 10-2-2012 by crazyray because: spelling

edit on 10-2-2012 by crazyray because: im...an idiot



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Wether the sample has been indeed taken on the specified date, that I don't know, and I see where you're aiming at. If I'm not mistaken, the actual break through occured in late January 2012.

What I do know is, what confucius said: "Do not eat the yellow snow"



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
Wether the sample has been indeed taken on the specified date, that I don't know, and I see where you're aiming at. If I'm not mistaken, the actual break through occured in late January 2012.

What I do know is, what confucius said: "Do not eat the yellow snow"


And as I learned in my childhood... those little brown things are NOT 'magic beans', but rabbit turds. o_O



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Could be possible that the sample is melted ice from core samples from down close to the cavern of lake Vostok. If its an actual water sample from the lake itself, than there are some serious discrepancies with the date they broke though.

Interesting news. Hope more comes out on this.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyray
So Putin gets his drink and it is labeled 5.12.11 can someone PLEASE explain to me how that is possible in ANY combination of numbers that the timeline the public has been given?!?!

Have I just not been paying close enough attention to the dates and times for the drilling process? Is this an approximation? Or maybe the Russians just totally blew it...or Fox News... either really aren't that far out possibilities IMHO.

Thoughts? Was it the Nazis in Antarctica? Aliens? A typo? What the heck? Thoughts?



www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 10-2-2012 by crazyray because: spelling

edit on 10-2-2012 by crazyray because: im...an idiot


My guess is it was not from the exact breakthrough date as was posted earlier since that only just occurred. Most likely from the frozen core samples as I would think they would want to test the water to make sure there was nothing that could cause a possible health threat to Putin prior to sending it and not sure if they would have had enough time to do that with the actual breakthrough sample.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe
 


Exactly my thoughts as well, until i saw this.


At 8:25 p.m. Moscow time on Sunday, drillers hit lake water at a depth of 12,355 feet (3,766 meters)—


So the surface of the lake was at 3766 meters, this sample was from 3769 meters, which is 3 meters into the actual lake, below the surface. This means it CANNOT be from teh ice shafts, it is water from the actual lake.


This thread deserves a S+F as this is pretty much proof of an actual conspiracy.

The dates reported previously are all hoaxes, everything is done well in advance, what we are reading is just a recompiled novel from the original material structured to get viewers and keep the drama going.
edit on 10-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It's also a possibility that it is not a date but some sort of sample numbering system they use.....just another guess though.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Probably a Russian language thing. It's more than a million years old. Well, if it's 20 million years old, it's still older than a million years, yes?

There's also no way of actually carbon dating water.. pure water anyways (that I know of?) you have to go by the ice layer in the core samples. But it is entirely possible that there is actually an underwater aquifer that is filtering new water into the underground lake just like a normal aquifer in hot climates, and that the lake isn't actually sealed.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
do you really belive that they will tell you real data??????? guyz please don`t act like kids , or i will think that i am in some child world!!! .....



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Probably a Russian language thing. It's more than a million years old. Well, if it's 20 million years old, it's still older than a million years, yes?

There's also no way of actually carbon dating water.. pure water anyways (that I know of?) you have to go by the ice layer in the core samples. But it is entirely possible that there is actually an underwater aquifer that is filtering new water into the underground lake just like a normal aquifer in hot climates, and that the lake isn't actually sealed.


Guess it would be a real bummer if they found traces of anti-depressants in the sample.....



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Probably a Russian language thing. It's more than a million years old. Well, if it's 20 million years old, it's still older than a million years, yes?

There's also no way of actually carbon dating water.. pure water anyways (that I know of?) you have to go by the ice layer in the core samples. But it is entirely possible that there is actually an underwater aquifer that is filtering new water into the underground lake just like a normal aquifer in hot climates, and that the lake isn't actually sealed.


Wouldn't that be a kick in the arse to them if that was the case, after 22 years of drilling
they may be able to
take a sample of the sediment at the bottom and carbon date it if they can reach it.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by Vasa Croe
 


Exactly my thoughts as well, until i saw this.


At 8:25 p.m. Moscow time on Sunday, drillers hit lake water at a depth of 12,355 feet (3,766 meters)—


So the surface of the lake was at 3766 meters, this sample was from 3769 meters, which is 3 meters into the actual lake, below the surface. This means it CANNOT be from teh ice shafts, it is water from the actual lake.


This thread deserves a S+F as this is pretty much proof of an actual conspiracy.

The dates reported previously are all hoaxes, everything is done well in advance, what we are reading is just a recompiled novel from the original material structured to get viewers and keep the drama going.
edit on 10-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)


Internet High-Five!!!!! Maximum brofist!!! people working together, that's what this is all about. Hell yeah.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Probably a Russian language thing. It's more than a million years old. Well, if it's 20 million years old, it's still older than a million years, yes?

There's also no way of actually carbon dating water.. pure water anyways (that I know of?) you have to go by the ice layer in the core samples. But it is entirely possible that there is actually an underwater aquifer that is filtering new water into the underground lake just like a normal aquifer in hot climates, and that the lake isn't actually sealed.


Wouldn't that be a kick in the arse to them if that was the case, after 22 years of drilling
they may be able to
take a sample of the sediment at the bottom and carbon date it if they can reach it.


Didn't even think of that possibility. Anybody know if they can use satellites to determine the make up of what's under the ice? Sonar? Ground penetrating radar? HAARP (kidding)? Any geology or edumacational-types?



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Franlkly there is a clear possibility of pouring tap water in the glass,gluing piece of paper to it and giving it to Putin.
There are elections in Russia so it looks cool to Putin voters since it connects him and Russian achievment, there is absolutely no need for special delivery of clearly important scientific sample to Kremlin while surrely totally destroying its value. So a little show is organised.
Thus the color is understood, the date is irrelevant and all are happy.
Of course it all be part of major complex conspiracy blown by some one who forgot to change the date and shown a real contaminated lake Vostok water.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
So, Fox news says, "The water was in a glass container and appeared yellowish in color. It carried a note that read, "Lake Vostok, more than million years old, depth 3,769.3 meters (12,365 feet), 5.12.11, Antarctic." OP has, he thinks, found a conspiracy because the date is wrong.

For pity's sake, do you think they wrote a note for Putin in English? The note would have said nothing at all in English, so it's something Fox has cobbled together and - not exactly for the first time - has got it wrong.

Well done, most pathetic conspiracy of the week.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snippy23
So, Fox news says, "The water was in a glass container and appeared yellowish in color. It carried a note that read, "Lake Vostok, more than million years old, depth 3,769.3 meters (12,365 feet), 5.12.11, Antarctic." OP has, he thinks, found a conspiracy because the date is wrong.

For pity's sake, do you think they wrote a note for Putin in English? The note would have said nothing at all in English, so it's something Fox has cobbled together and - not exactly for the first time - has got it wrong.

Well done, most pathetic conspiracy of the week.



"Have I just not been paying close enough attention to the dates and times for the drilling process? Is this an approximation? Or maybe the Russians just totally blew it...or Fox News... either really aren't that far out possibilities IMHO."

Or you could read the post... where i think we said the same thing....you see these symbols >>> ?
They're called questions marks. Meant to inquire others' thoughts in regards to the matter. Or you could read some of the other posts, take it down a notch, brah. LOL.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Snippy23
 


average of 5.27 posts a month over almost exactly 2.5 years (+3 days) and you jump on to be snippy about this??? (see what I did there?) Makes me wonder. LOL. furthermore this wasn't on the New Topics page, so what... you read through and found this thread to be idiotic enough to grace with your posting presence? LOL. Come on dude.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I thought there was a time shift last year around that time. If this holds any water we are much closer than originally thought. This will need multiple sources to back it up.

We would be far ahead of time. I was almost positive they hadnt even broken through yet and held off though released new that it was broked through to quell worries about the russians not reporting back. A cover up.



posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Snippy23
 


Your logic is hard to follow, which makes it bad logic.

I don´t think fox got that message wrong, as the depth is exactly at what it would be had they actually penetrated at that date as well, following a timeline 2 months in advance, which would be the exact same timeline they are feeding us with, only put 2 months forward in time!

Got it?
edit on 10-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
6

log in

join