It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING rumour: Kim Jong-Un assassinated?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Site is slow!
morichesdaily.com...

"Twitter in China is flooded with rumors that North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un has been killed...Chinese twitter ‘Weibo’ is saying Kim Jong-Un may have died or even been assassinated. Additionally there are reports of massive action at N.Korean embassy in Beijing..More as the situation becomes clear…''

The embassy part puts merit, I feel.
edit on 10-2-2012 by modeselektor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Crazy if its true

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I found this:

centintel.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Whoa...that would be a game changer. Guess we will have to wait for the news to pan out on it.

Thanks for the story!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
If true, wonder if all the people who didn't cry hard enough at his father's funeral, will be exonerated.

Nah, it's N. Korea.....

Des
edit on 10-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I can believe this, it would be easy done - and I am sure some of N. Korea's oldskool general's would like to take control.

Its really all kicking off this year isn't it!?!

I am telling everyone I know to prepare for breakout of a major war this year,

I suggest those of you who aren't start.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
If true this is going to change
a lot of things in N. Korea.
Who would be next in line
to take over the regime?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
some links for you

gawker.com...
img.ibtimes.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
If true this is going to change
a lot of things in N. Korea.
Who would be next in line
to take over the regime?

Would be very interesting if this were true and somehow Jang Song-Taek was to take over. I would have no trouble believing that Jang Song-Taek planned the deed as well......

Then again another possibility is Kim Kyong Hui which I also would not have trouble believing had something to do with an assassination should it prove to be true.
edit on 2/10/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

link   
Maybe it's true?

If it was a hoax, the Chinese authorities would be censoring it already?

If true, I wonder how much time until we get a confirmation? 2 days? 3 days?

Wow, can't imagine the consequences... Can you think of a civil war in nucler North Korea?

link   
This is trending on Twitter. There has been many incidents on Twitter lately where random celebrities have been rumored to be dead. Most of them has been for the lulz. That means this could be a lie just like that. It's just like the regular raids some people have on Youtube where they put RIP in the comments of random celebrities. Death-rumor trolling seems to be an emerging trend on the Internet. So, perhaps wait and see if this is real or not?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
what i find odd is this news article only posted 4 hours ago, his brother talking about north korea

bribery and corruption will be the undoing of a country ruled by an inexperienced young man

www.skynews.com.au...
edit on 10-2-2012 by Denied because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Not seeing any confirmation on this, all the sources (including those in this thread) are just passing along the twitter/weibo rumor.

Although it's worth noting that his brother had this to say when he took power:

They've never met, but Kim Jong Un's brother, who lives a life of exile in Macau, thinks the new leader of North Korea is too inexperienced and will wind up the victim of a military coup. And that may be a sign of hope for North Korea. In his new book My Father, Kim Jong Il, and Me, about Kim Jong Il's eldest son Kim Jong Nam, Japanese journalist Yoji Gomi paints a portrait of a "smart, overweight playboy" (as one professor described Jong Nam) who has little faith in the future of the land of his birth. Gomi told CNN that Jong Nam "thinks he (Kim Jong Un) has a lack of experience, he's too young, and he didn't have enough time to be groomed." Agence France-Press, which previewed the book, quoted Jong Nam: "My father governed the country with the backing of the military, but the power of the military has become too strong," Jong Nam reportedly told Gomi in one of many interviews. "If the succession ends in failure, the military will wield the real power for sure." source
Emphasis mine.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Rren

yeah i posted that just above, seems such an obvious connection, these rumours could all be fake, but if not, there's enough reason why this could happen, if it hasnt happened yet, its something that must of def crossed his brothers mind.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Denied

Agreed. If this rumor is true, it has to be the military. Right? I am not too familiar with the North Korean Powers That Be, but if he has been assasinated, it has to be a military coup, I would think.

Is there anybody that is more informed about North Korea that has a different idea? Even if a military coup, is that a bad thing? Wonder if they would be um..., less crazy/better leaders/global citizens. I am largely ignorant about what this could mean.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
If true could be another war I mean limited military action for TPTB to get there greedy hands onto. You know for "liberating" the people and all/oil.
Oh, I feel a "draft" comin on

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Just saw this thread, the "original" after I gave the other a S&F so S&F for you as well. My fiance's son is stationed in SK so he may be able to get confirmation - or a "that's b.s." - from his son.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
There is no foreign press in North Korea. There is not even private press. All the press is state owned.

If it's true, don't expect for confirmation in less than 48 hours.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
So far this is news about a Twitter rumour.

I don't see news about anything that might actually look like a real assassination.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join