It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God cannot know everything. Carnal love, reproduction or sex.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Believers are constantly saying impossible things of God. They make many definitive statement of God’s attribute while claiming that he is unfathomable, unknowable, immutable and works in mysterious ways. These are clear contradictions and un-provable truths that no judge could or would accept. Yet believers think the atheist should just swallow these lies whole. And when atheists do not, believers get into their condescending mode; treat the non-believer like a child; while it is believers themselves who are action in a non-adult way, ---- led by fantasy, ------- when atheists will just not accept something unproven as truth.

Whenever the discussions of God get into explaining his irrational, immoral or strange attributes, believers deny it through evasion. They do so by hiding behind some evasive statement or other. These include silly irrational or unknowable adjectives and phrases like; God works in mysterious ways; God can do whatever he wants; God owns us; God does not have to follow his laws because they are for man and not himself; God’s action may look immoral but it is because he knows so much more than we do. Discussion end with the believer chanting one of these mantras of self-deception. Almost like a parent telling his child that it is that way because it is that way and expecting the child to accept this condescending statement and evasive lie. Believers are not honest enough to just say, I don’t know.

Anyone with experience in debated with believers expects these yet they are not applicable or relevant to moral issues. Regardless, believers use them to justify God’s immoral action and to explain away attributes that are impossible to apply to God.

God is not corporeal. He is immaterial. He cannot reproduce true. He cannot have sex. He cannot know the effects on our psyches from chemical reactions that trigger human sexual activity and desire.

Knowing this, any moral person will know that God should not dictate to man how to handle sexual matters. God cannot know what the feelings and emotions are that drive sex in man and thus it is immoral for him to demand that we do as he wishes. Because of this, he also has no right to punish man for ignoring his unlearned dictates of issues that he himself cannot possibly fathom.

There are likely many things that God cannot know. I have chosen three that I think are obvious. Carnal love, reproduction and the emotions and physical feelings that go with sex.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

No i don't agree... IF God is with you always, he knows what you know...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hey, when the moment is right, I'm calling that name quite a bit. If he doesn't know about these delicious subjects by now, he's not much of a deity, is he?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
if we are a manifestation of God, than why can't "he" experience what we experience?

i'm of the belief that all consciousness is a fracture of The Creator's consciousness, so that we are all reflections of 1 tiny fractal of The Creator.....so that "he" experiences "him"self and all "his" possible creations THROUGH us.

sadly i must give this OP a

edit on 2/9/12 by metalshredmetal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

A nice little outburst on "I belive the view of the Christian God". Now lets say that what the Christians say about god in fact only has a small grain of thruth in it and the more ignorant they are the further they understand the truth. From my point of view there is something to get about god and losing your ego seem to be a common theme in all religons. But sorry from my point of view god knows everything. How can he/she/it not now everything about you. You are connected to he/she/it but maybe you can't feel the connection. Every soul is like a neuron in god brain. A part of the whole. And even the animals have a soul. I don't belive god is separate from the creation. God is the creation and everything else that is. All is one. Thank you for existing and changing god. God would not be the same without you. Above is only my view and ignore it if you do not like it. Love a Soulbrother. Namaste.
edit on 9-2-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

You make quite a few general, sweeping statements now don't you? "Believers say this. Believers say that. They believe this and that." How would you know? Have you met all two billion of them? I am a "Believer" and I don't agree with most, if not all of your wildly speculative assumptions. I am a lover of my own Liberty so I would do nothing to impede your Liberty. I have no problems with athiests or agnostics as believing in any religion or deity or having no beliefs is a matter of personal choice and I respect that and their religion or lack thereof. My concience is my church and I can be expected to do no less than follow my concience. I believe God is Love and Truth and that is what I worship Him as which is my inalienble right to do. Just as it is your right not to worship any deity so lets just leave it as a matter of personal choice.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

You are stating your own unproven beliefs as if they are facts. . I'm sorry but as you rail against these religious people you are guilty of the same exact thing. And according to my beliefs, which is Christianity, God does know what its like to be human because he was human. If God exists why do people think they would be able to understand him according to human logic despite the fact he would be have to be infinitely more intelligent than we are? I thank God we humans can not understand him because if he did go by human logic it would be as flawed as yours. No offense but the anger coming out of this post is just a symptom of wounded pride and insecurity. No you are not the center or authority of the universe and just because you can't understand, explain, or control it does not make it fantasy. And I would love to hear how Jesus is immoral. But my guess is that you think God is unfair because his existence would mean there is such thing as absolute truths and like a teenager rebelling against his parents, you think you are above such things. Well you are not.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I've always wondered about it. We have all been told that man was made in God's image, and I've always made Christians very angry at me, about asking some questions about God.

So, ok, if we were made in God's image, then he has a mouth, right?
Why do animals have mouths? To eat with, and if you eat, you have to digest food, and if you digest food, you have to go to the toilet. So, if God has a mouth, he has to go to the toilet, isn't that so?

Animals evolved sensing organs around their faces to locate food, that is why animals have eyes, noses, ears in close proximity of the mouth. So, mankind couldn't really have been made into the image of God, could he?

When you ask those kinds of questions, you really start to hear them growling, or finding all sort of excuses.

So, why even say that man was made in God's image, when he was not?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Believers are constantly saying impossible things of God.

Maybe God is not the typical old men with a white beard you tought, maybe he simply he is the creator of this matrix including the many dimensions it can contain, us being in the 3rd one, the corporeal realm in other words.

Take it or leave it,

Some food for thought though,

Thruthseek3r

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

or eating or dying or... anything about physical existence. Now you know why the universe exists.. for the spiritual to experience the corporeal.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

That may be an assumption on your part. How do you know this as a fact? I am not saying God does, but how can you make that assumption without really knowing?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

There are likely many things that God cannot know.

God is the source of all knowing. You know only what is revealed to you to know.

While you cannot know what I know, nor can I know what you know, God is the source of both of our knowing.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Big "if" I see.

Regards
DL

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Big "if" I see.

Regards
DL

Of course...

That all depends on what your definition of God is... mine is not the same as most... so IF is the appropreiate word...

IF you believe God is an old man in the clouds for example... then i would have agreed with your premise...

But God is NOT an old man in the clouds waiting to spike a lightening bolt at you if you sin...

So i will stand on my original statement...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

A nice little outburst on "I belive the view of the Christian God". Now lets say that what the Christians say about god in fact only has a small grain of thruth in it and the more ignorant they are the further they understand the truth. From my point of view there is something to get about god and losing your ego seem to be a common theme in all religons. But sorry from my point of view god knows everything. How can he/she/it not now everything about you. You are connected to he/she/it but maybe you can't feel the connection. Every soul is like a neuron in god brain. A part of the whole. And even the animals have a soul. I don't belive god is separate from the creation. God is the creation and everything else that is. All is one. Thank you for existing and changing god. God would not be the same without you. Above is only my view and ignore it if you do not like it. Love a Soulbrother. Namaste.
edit on 9-2-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

Does God feel the connection to all of those he has cursed to hell?

Regards
DL

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalshredmetal
if we are a manifestation of God, than why can't "he" experience what we experience?

i'm of the belief that all consciousness is a fracture of The Creator's consciousness, so that we are all reflections of 1 tiny fractal of The Creator.....so that "he" experiences "him"self and all "his" possible creations THROUGH us.

sadly i must give this OP a

edit on 2/9/12 by metalshredmetal because: (no reason given)

So part of God's consciousness is burning in hell?

Regards
DL

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by I Want To Believe

You make quite a few general, sweeping statements now don't you? "Believers say this. Believers say that. They believe this and that." How would you know? Have you met all two billion of them? I am a "Believer" and I don't agree with most, if not all of your wildly speculative assumptions. I am a lover of my own Liberty so I would do nothing to impede your Liberty. I have no problems with athiests or agnostics as believing in any religion or deity or having no beliefs is a matter of personal choice and I respect that and their religion or lack thereof. My concience is my church and I can be expected to do no less than follow my concience. I believe God is Love and Truth and that is what I worship Him as which is my inalienble right to do. Just as it is your right not to worship any deity so lets just leave it as a matter of personal choice.

Your conscience is your church while your God says it should be you following the laws you have written on your heart.
Settle for second best then. Do not try to grow up.

Regards
DL

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by hxc408

You are stating your own unproven beliefs as if they are facts. . I'm sorry but as you rail against these religious people you are guilty of the same exact thing. And according to my beliefs, which is Christianity, God does know what its like to be human because he was human. If God exists why do people think they would be able to understand him according to human logic despite the fact he would be have to be infinitely more intelligent than we are? I thank God we humans can not understand him because if he did go by human logic it would be as flawed as yours. No offense but the anger coming out of this post is just a symptom of wounded pride and insecurity. No you are not the center or authority of the universe and just because you can't understand, explain, or control it does not make it fantasy. And I would love to hear how Jesus is immoral. But my guess is that you think God is unfair because his existence would mean there is such thing as absolute truths and like a teenager rebelling against his parents, you think you are above such things. Well you are not.

How pathetic.
Strange that A & E had what it took to become as Gods, knowing good and evil, yet you cannot understand it.
Mentally lazy I'd say.

Regards
DL

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098

or eating or dying or... anything about physical existence. Now you know why the universe exists.. for the spiritual to experience the corporeal.

For the spiritual to be voyeurs and push on our hips. Ok.

Regards
DL

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604
I've always wondered about it. We have all been told that man was made in God's image, and I've always made Christians very angry at me, about asking some questions about God.

So, ok, if we were made in God's image, then he has a mouth, right?
Why do animals have mouths? To eat with, and if you eat, you have to digest food, and if you digest food, you have to go to the toilet. So, if God has a mouth, he has to go to the toilet, isn't that so?

Animals evolved sensing organs around their faces to locate food, that is why animals have eyes, noses, ears in close proximity of the mouth. So, mankind couldn't really have been made into the image of God, could he?

When you ask those kinds of questions, you really start to hear them growling, or finding all sort of excuses.

So, why even say that man was made in God's image, when he was not?

True. Man made God in his image.

You have been peeking at the crappie Christian responses above. Tsk tsk.

Regards
DL

top topics

<<   2 >>

join