It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video - 'Devil throws Crucifix' at Pastor Paul

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hoax .. supernatural ... or wild reason attached to something natural?

Well ATS ... here's 'Pastor Paul'. You can skip through the video to the last 10 seconds or so. That's when he dares the devil to do something and the Crucifix is 'thrown at him'. (that's the claim). Looks like it just falls over to me. But anyways ... have fun .... debunk or verify as you wish ....

www.youtube.com...

(I'd make this youtube just something you could click on to see .. but I' can't figure that out so click on the link and push forward on the video to the end .. unless you want to watch him for 6 minutes before something 'happens'.)

ETA - I think it just fell over .... vibrations in the air or on the floor or something.
edit on 2/9/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Seemed like it fell over naturally to me,

But yea, I hate when a picture falls off the wall or stuff like that, mom instilled plenty superstition in me,

knock on wood.
edit on 102929p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I haven't even watched it, and probably won't, but I admire your honesty here↓, so I'll be helpful.

(I'd make this youtube just something you could click on to see .. but I' can't figure that out so click on the link and push forward on the video to the end .. unless you want to watch him for 6 minutes before something 'happens'.)

For future reference: The problem was because you were on his channel, and it didn't give you the direct video code, within the URL. I just searched the title, and got to the video without being on his own personal Youtube channel.

edit on 2/9/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I'm going to say first off, that this video has ALREADY been posted. Apparently, no one searches for existing topics anymore.

Also, there really is no point to discussing this, because there is little proof on either end.

"The devil did it!" Did you see this devil? No. And I doubt the devil would touch a bleedin' cross on holy ground.

"It was vibrations!" Did anything else fall over? No.

"It was the flying monkeys! I swear it!" ....Get out. Now.

In any case, perhaps the mystery is more important than the answer, yes?

That's my two cents.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Hardly thrown was it now? more like 'fell over' or 'fell off' come on how much more of this nonsense are we going to have to endure?. No wonder sites like this get a bad name with tripe like this. Utter boloney!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by chaztekno
Hardly thrown was it now? more like 'fell over' or 'fell off' come on how much more of this nonsense are we going to have to endure?. No wonder sites like this get a bad name with tripe like this. Utter boloney!

Here's the thing: you personally don't have to believe in evil (demonic) spirits. That is your right.

But to Christians, they exist as a part of our belief system. To a Christian, it is absolutely within the realm of possibility that a demonic spirit could and would cause that to happen, especially as the pastor is rebuking the devil at that moment.

Therefore, this is not tripe, nor utter baloney.

And in response to my comments, please don't ridicule my belief system, and I promise not to ridicule yours. You most definitely don't have to believe, and I'm pretty sure I am not convincing you here, but I absolutely do believe in demonic spirits.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

LOL! That was funny! The look on his face was priceless!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

But to Christians, they exist as a part of our belief system. To a Christian, it is absolutely within the realm of possibility that a demonic spirit could and would cause that to happen, especially as the pastor is rebuking the devil at that moment.

Therefore, this is not tripe, nor utter baloney.

And in response to my comments, please don't ridicule my belief system, and I promise not to ridicule yours. You most definitely don't have to believe, and I'm pretty sure I am not convincing you here, but I absolutely do believe in demonic spirits.

Has worked for thousands of years.
Instill fear in others in order to keep the power through control.

Just to be clear: I am not ridiculing your belief system.
You explained it in such a way that it ridicules itself.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Just to be clear: I am not ridiculing your belief system.
You explained it in such a way that it ridicules itself.

Just because you added the clarifier in the first part, the second part is not negated. You are, indeed, ridiculing the idea of beliefs in demonic spirits.

You may think all religious beliefs around the world are ridiculous, but I don't.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I ff to the last 15 seconds or so. The crucifix simply fell over but he does look rather stunned by it!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
so I'll be helpful.

Thank you. I'm not good with computer stuff.

Originally posted by Starchild23
that this video has ALREADY been posted. Apparently, no one searches for existing topics anymore.

Apparently you are jumping to conclusions.
I do indeed search for titles .. but they aren't always something that looks the same.
AND .... people miss things.

Originally posted by rebelchildoflight2011
LOL! That was funny! The look on his face was priceless!

Yes .. I thought so too. And I thought it odd since he's a pastor and all.
Kinda like a deer in the headlights thing ... not expecting the devil to take him up on his dare.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Interesting video. Even though I cannot claim myself as Christian, I do beleive there are forces in this world that we, as humans, cannot account for, at least not at this time in our development.

As for the video, if you look closely, the cross was leaning back against the wall on top of the furniture. What happens then is that it literally stands up, falls over and off the cabinet (furniture). While I don't think that any "demon" had anything to do with it, since it was actually leaning a bit backwards against the wall, it didn't just "fall over" due to vibrations. Why did it fall? I've no clue. Just sayin folks need to be a bit more watchful and actually LOOK at how it's positioned and not just jump to conclusions.

SK

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Looks to me like it should have slid off with the back off the cross sliding down the wall but instead it twists then fall forward??? Not the way I was expecting it to fall at all. Odd to say the least.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

Here are a few simple questions, for you to ponder. I do not expect a reply.

[color=96FF96]Has your religion instilled the fear of invisible evil entities, into your willfully accepting mind?
Does your religion have power over you, that is at least in part, based on that fear?
Does your religion control you, and your thoughts?

To a Christian, it is absolutely within the realm of possibility that a demonic spirit could and would cause that to happen, especially as the pastor is rebuking the devil at that moment.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Here are a few simple questions, for you to ponder. I do not expect a reply.

[color=96FF96]Has your religion instilled the fear of invisible evil entities, into your willfully accepting mind?
Does your religion have power over you, that is at least in part, based on that fear?
Does your religion control you, and your thoughts?

To a Christian, it is absolutely within the realm of possibility that a demonic spirit could and would cause that to happen, especially as the pastor is rebuking the devil at that moment.

No, I am not afraid of invisible evil entities. In the Christian faith, we are told that evil, or demonic, entities have no power over us. I think I'd be more afraid of the paranormal if I was NOT a Christian.

I actually have no fear related to my religion whatsoever. I'm not a Christian because of fear, and I don't fear death.

Religion doesn't "control" me or my thoughts. However, religion DOES give me peace.

My faith enriches my life greatly. It teaches me patience, love for fellow man, and tolerance (regardless of what stereotypes people have about Christians, being intolerant is NOT a part of Christianity, even though many Christians are intolerant, and many churches teach intolerance, mistakenly.)

I feel sorry for anyone who DOES approach religion out of fear.

Edit to add: I do not have what you described as a "willfully accepting mind". I have questioned my faith tremendously during parts of my life, especially throughout my late teens and twenties. It was reading many things, particularly C.S. Lewis's "Mere Christianity" and the work of Lee Strobel, that have helped me feel comfortable about the questions I did and might still have. That's the "faith" part--it's not for me to know all of the answers. Plus, we had an experience in our house that I do believe was demonic in nature. Had I not been a Christian, we would have called it a "haunting". It completely reinforced my belief that there are spiritual entities.

edit on 9-2-2012 by GeorgiaGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Puny power show from the Devil!

If the pastor has wronged God, he surely would have been stimulated with a bolt of lightening!

But that is just a hypothetical reasoning on my part. I don't really believe in either.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Good thing he set the camera up to have the crucifix in frame. You never know when those things go flying.. Well atleast he got his video finished right before this happened perfectly at the end.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
Good thing he set the camera up to have the crucifix in frame. You never know when those things go flying.. Well atleast he got his video finished right before this happened perfectly at the end.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I am a subscriber to his You Tube channel, and he always has that cross there, exactly in the same position. He didn't just set it up like that for this one video. But I've never seen it fly off the curio cabinet before.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Gotta love the comment that goes with the vid:

Pastor Begley is stunned, but he has seen Satan manifest his presence before, just never live on Begley's you tube video's.

That Satan must be one crazy mofo to be knocking over his crucifix.

It's either Satan throwing like a girl, or God maybe giving him a sign to stop asking for so many monetary 'love gifts' on his website.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

I am a subscriber to his You Tube channel, and he always has that cross there, exactly in the same position. He didn't just set it up like that for this one video. But I've never seen it fly off the curio cabinet before.

the location of the cross isn't whats suspicious to me its the camera angle, but reading your post i get the impression that this is a normal video from him except for the end part(?). i still have my doubts but i stared you for giving this video a little more credibility

top topics

<<   2 >>

join