It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Hosts Summit Involving Afghanistan, Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Pakistan Hosts Summit Involving Afghanistan, Iran

www.k haleejtimes.com

SLAMABAD - Pakistan will next week host the leaders of Afghanistan and Iran at a summit devoted to counter-terrorism, the foreign ministry in Islamabad said Thursday.

The talks come at a time of heightened tension between Iran and the United States, notably over speculation about a possible Israeli attack against Iran’s controversial nuclear programme.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Seems kinda insane that the American taxpayer has spend so much on Afghanistan when now the Afghans are talking about wanting to hold peace talks with the taliban. It also seems strtange that Afghanistan is attending a summit with Iran and Pakistan. Seems bad timing.
Seems like the whole Afghanistan thing has been a massive waste of taxpayer money

www.k haleejtimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

It also comes with Afghanistan keen to start peace talks with Taliban insurgents. Kabul is reportedly concerned about being sidelined by contacts between the US and the Taliban. “It is a two-day summit, to be held on February 16 and 17 in Islamabad,” ministry spokesman Abdul Basit told reporters. It will be attended by Afghan President Hamid Karzai and Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, he said. “The trilateral summit is important for the leaders to get together and discuss important regional issues pertaining to counter-terrorism and organised crimes including drug trafficking,” Basit said. Despite strong US objections, Pakistan says it is pressing ahead with a multi-billion-dollar project to build a gas pipeline to import fuel from Iran.

Seems like Imperialism gone wrong to me.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Interesting, How reliable is the source linked in the OP? I only ask because I have not come across them before.

If true this will be a unwelcome move for the Americans, an alliance between Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan will cause many headaches. It reduces the ability for the west to strike Iran (great news in my book) Pakistan has nukes, if it agrees to form a defence with Iran, well then its too late for the USA

Also a huge PR hit for America, a decade fighting in Afghanistan, losing, handing power back to the Taliban and now Afghanistan forging links with Iran

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

tribune.com.pk...

www.dawn.com...

www.pakistantoday.com.pk...

Theres a few more links. All in last hour. Cant see anything from the west yet though.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

Yes I can imagine the west don't really want this broadcast to much, as I said before this is a huge PR blow to the USA and the west in general

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

If true this will be a unwelcome move for the Americans, an alliance between Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan will cause many headaches. It reduces the ability for the west to strike Iran (great news in my book) Pakistan has nukes, if it agrees to form a defence with Iran, well then its too late for the USA Also a huge PR hit for America, a decade fighting in Afghanistan, losing, handing power back to the Taliban and now Afghanistan forging links with Iran

Yeah,I agree. Afghanistan and the War on Terror seems to be very poor value for America.

top topics

join