It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Gay Marriage" apparently not all it was cracked up to be

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jakupairs

I correct myself 1/3 of people are gay.

statistics say 1 out of 10

others say 1 out of 20

Please provide something to support your claim
edit on 17-2-2012 by MathiasAndrew because: add quote

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jakupairs
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

I correct myself 1/3 of people are gay.
good work

No one really knows how many people are gay.

Until the stigma of unacceptable lessens - - - many will not reveal themselves.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Anyone can gather information on the Net and post it. In no way does it make one more knowledgeable of polls.

It only makes one more informed of information provided.

I will continue with the well known and established GALLUP Poll.

edit on 18-2-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I will continue with the well known and established GALLUP Poll.

You can continue with the Gallup poll all you want. Doesn't make it any more accurate.

Especially, with the small sampling of only 1004 people and the poll being conducted over the phone.

Seems you didn't even bother to watch this video I posted on the last page

DENIAL ISN'T JUST A RIVER IN EGYPT .

rt.com...

Opinion polls in the U.S. distort the truth about public opinion. They cover up the truth about the number of undecided voters and distort the perception of which policies people support. Thats according to David Moore former senior editor of Gallup Poll, a world renowned polling agency.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

hey Matathias-Andreas

Both the male sexuality (Kinsey) studies in the 1950s and the later Hite Report in the 1990s support the growing body of modern scientific evidence that among modern terran human male population (homo sapiens-sapiens), those who consider themselves to be 'primarily' homosexual in their sexual-orientation is roughly 9% of the general population - virtually the same percentage as those modern terran males (homo sapiens sapiens) who are considered to be 'left handed persons' (i.e. those whose primary or 'dominant' hand is the left hand as opposed to the right hand) who were also for centuries before the modern era burned at the stake for being 'Hereticks of the Deville' since the 'left' was considered 'sinister' (the Latin word meaning 'left-handed' - i.e. where the devil resides).

Of these 9% of primarily homosexually-oriented modern terran human males, slightly more than 50% are 'married (or have been married) with biological children of their own genes' (i.e. mainly the result of religio--societal pressure of one form or another - or perhaps simply the desire to have children of their own)

Those selfsame studies also determined that the percentage among the general population of terran human males (homo sapiens-sapiens) that consider themselves to be 'primarily bi-sexual' in their sexual orientation (persons who happily 'swing both ways' in that they find themselves able to be attracted/aroused sexually to BOTH sexes more or less equally, but most of this number has a slight or more pronounced bent or preference or lean towards one gender or the other - which often shifts back and forth during their actual sexual lifetime) is approximately 32% - roughly the same percentage of those males in the general population of modern terran humans who consider themselves to be what is called 'ambi-dexterous' - persons who use BOTH hands more or less indescriminatelyas the 'dominant hand' - although most have a slight bent/lean or preference one way or the other, which often shifts back and forth during their lifetimes.

Both of these two major Studies on male terran human sexual orientation also further determined that the percentage of modern terran human males (homo sapiens-sapiens) among the general population who consider themselves to be 'primarily heterosexual' in their sexual orientation is approximately 59% - although the studies were careful to insist that those who 'consider themselevs to be heterosexual' in their primary sexual orientation often have had 'physical homosexual experiences with members of their own gender' (especially before age 21) or had strongly fantasised about doing so - which is also roughly the same percentage of modern terran male humans (homo sapiens-sapiens) who consider themselves to be 'primarily right handed' i.e. their 'right hand' is mainly their 'dominant hand' - although many primarilly right-handed persons can hold a hot coffee cup in their left hand or drive with their left hand or even apply make up, draw or play instruments (e.g. keyboards) with their left hand.

Does this help any? Or do you feel that your 'religion' stops you from accepting modern scientific studies on male sexuality?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew
If I marry my dog. Well then I should have the same rights as any other married couple right?

If not, why?

Are you for real?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

Does this help any? Or do you feel that your 'religion' stops you from accepting modern scientific studies on male sexuality?

This thread is not about male sexuality. Nor is it about homosexual sex. It's not about fantasies or sexual experimentation. None of those have anything to do with GAY MARRIAGE.

Does this help you out ? Perhaps, if you decided to comment further, you will stay a bit more on topic.

BTW, what is my "religion" that you think stops me from accepting anything? FYI, I do not follow any organized religion. So take your smug off topic remarks and you know what you can do with them.

hey Matathias-Andreas

Also, my name is MathiasAndrew ....... either you're blind, completely stupid or you intentionally are being disrespectful ..... which one is it???

Get it right next time sigmunddufus

edit on 18-2-2012 by MathiasAndrew because: add text

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Love your posts. I could read them all day long and never get enough.

Some are trying to discredit? (well maybe not discredit) - - but are claiming Kinsey's percentage of homosexuals is too high. My guess (I can only guess) - - is that it is probably higher (not lower) - - depending on what/who is considered homosexual. Some say if a man has sex with another man - that makes him homosexual. Others claim Bi-Sexual does not mean a man is homosexual. I suppose that would have to be clarified first.

As far as speaking from a religious viewpoint/belief. I find it interesting how a poster is clearly speaking from a religious viewpoint - - yet claims not to be religious or not of a specific belief (that is representative of that viewpoint).

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

As far as speaking from a religious viewpoint/belief. I find it interesting how a poster is clearly speaking from a religious viewpoint - - yet claims not to be religious or not of a specific belief (that is representative of that viewpoint).

Clearly in me giving you the benefit of the doubt, as far as your intelligence goes, I obviously made a huge mistake. With each and every post you make you continue showing your ignorance and your arrogance.

If you really believe that someone has to be religious to be opposed to same sex marriage then I'm truly impressed by your stupidity. If you really believe that I am associated with some religious agenda then you are so lost and blinded by your own selfish desires you will twist the truth to suit your own opinion no matter what anyone says to you.

It would seem pointless to continue any discussion with such closed minded individuals. Go look in the mirror, smack yourself on the cheek once or twice, then come back and try again.

If that doesn't help, try listening to these songs.

MUSIC IS MY RELIGION

What you give

The Golden Rule

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Interesting (maybe) that you are both from San Francisco.

Clearly something doesn't add up.

From original OP: This is his very first comment after posting the article.

"Apparently what "God" wanted no longer matters."

Then:

I am however opposed to the term "gay marriage". . . . "I just wish that they didn't call it "marriage"."

Then:

Marriage is a term that should be reserved for a man and a woman.

Then:

I just disagree with them stealing the term marriage.

That is all based in religious belief.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I wish I could shake your hand!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
There's some weird anger going on.

Seems to be some denial.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Hey lookee here DOMA was determined to be unconstitutional by a second court. Wont be long now until this right wing creation of second class citizenry goes in the garbage where the ideology belongs.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

Hi Lord -

Looks like DOMA has several parts, which one by one are in the process of being dismantled by the feeral court system

At the moment, Prop 8 is being appealed again this time under a provision known as 'en Banc' (clearly a delay tactic by those antiGay Marriage supporters or Prop 8 who do not wish to see it over-turned in the US Federal Courts) and are waiting for the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals to rule either yes or no - and from there it might well go fairly quickly up to the US Supreme Court

Whether the US Supreme Court (currently holding 7 Roman Catholics and 2 Turko-Ukrainian Ashkenazi Jewish Justices...hmmm...wonder if that will matter at all - although it sholuld not !) will even hear the Appeal on Prop 8 is anybody's Guess...

Hopefully the Vatican or the heavilly funded (and vocal !) right-wing exremist Rabinnic ( 'orthodox !!') Jewish interests in the US will NOT inffluence their thinking on this important issue - unless that is just 'wishful' on my part !!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I have some doubts that SCOTUS will take the case. Though they are heavily seeded with right wing activists. SCOTUS has a long history of granting more rights-not reducing. The judge who ruled on the LA Doma suit was a Bush appointee. Seems like even crony judges adopt their role well.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32 >>

join