It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A MUST Read, "Written By A Female Cop"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by imasecretspy

edit on 9-2-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

Some of that advice is downright dangerous and I'm a little surprised anyone is taking this seriously.
edit on 9-2-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
never mind. Never post when you have the flu. Expressing my opinion is pointless anyway. I don't think I've ever widened anyone's perspective or changed anyone's mind in my years of expressing my opinion. People know what they know and believe what they believe and that is that.
edit on 10-2-2012 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Post rendered moot by above edit.
edit on 10-2-2012 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control ALWAYS RUN!

The predator will only hit you, a running target, 4 in 100 times; and even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN, Preferably in a zig -zag pattern!

Unless you are athletic and have practiced running in a zig zag like manner, this is either going to slow you down or make you fall and then you are right back at square one with an enraged criminal. This might have worked before semi-automatic weapons, but now it's not any trouble to pull a trigger multiple times. Also, 4/100 is a vast exaggeration.

If you are nearby other bystanders, better advice would be to get your finger in between his trigger finger and the trigger guard while the weapon is pointed away from you. Squeeze on the trigger as hard as possible, your grip strength is probably better than most mens opening strength (a lot easier to squeeze than open), you may have to use both hands. This pops off one shot and hopefully keeps the trigger depressed as long as you have your finger there, someone will hopefully hear the gunshot and call help. Keep your mind totally focused on the pistol, DO NOT LET GO. Bite the thumb away and dislodge the weapon, rip his cuticles back with your fingernails (they may let go immediately out of shock upon realizing it), gouge eyes, scratch and knee and kick and elbow whatever you have to do. The person will more than likely fret about being caught and abandon the weapon to run, or kill you. (Which the assailant probably was going to do anyways if he is going to do it at all)

If you are being shot at, cover your middle/upper torso (your liver, lungs and heart, these will kill you fast if punctured, the lungs will stop you in your tracks) with the arm closest to the criminal and duck your head. Try to make it so you sacrifice your arm instead of getting shot in your torso if possible, but not if it slows you down. Just run as fast as you can behind something and run some more, towards any bystanders if possible.

8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: *STOP*

I don't expect this one will be too much of a problem.
edit on 10-2-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Sounds like good advice for anyone, after all men are the victims of violence 3/4ths of the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join