A MUST Read, "Written By A Female Cop"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+25 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
A couple of years ago I shared my story of surviving my own attack, with the members of ATS. Today, I received the following email from my mom, whom ask me to share it with my daughter as well as my friends. After careful thought, I decided to share it with all whom visit ATS.....

Please take a couple of minutes and read through these. You never know one of these tips may save your life or the life of a loved one..Based on experience, one is never too young or too old to prepare her or himself for a 'What if' situation.

Take this as solid advice, if you don't think it can happen to you, YOU are the exact one who needs to be reading this. For more on my own story see Here

Thanks Kindly,
Pax

Written By a Female Cop

1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!

2.. Learned this from a tourist guide: If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM; toss it away from you.....Chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!

3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car: Kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole, start waving like crazy.. The driver won't see you, but everybody else will. THIS HAS SAVED LIVES!
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars

after shopping, working etc., making a list, texting or whatever and just sit there! **DON'T DO THIS**
The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. **AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR ,LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE..**

If someone is in the car with a gun to your head, DO NOT DRIVE OFF, *Repeat* DO NOT DRIVE OFF! Instead gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your Air Bag will save you. If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it. As soon as the car crashes bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location.

5. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:

A.) BE AWARE: Look around you. Look into your car, at the passenger side floor , and in the back seat.

B.) If you are parked next to a big van,enter your car from the passenger door. **Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.

C.) Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle, and the passenger side.. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out.

*IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. And better paranoid than dead.*

6. ALWAYS take the elevator INSTEAD of the stairs. Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot. **This is especially true at NIGHT!**

7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control ALWAYS RUN!

The predator will only hit you, a running target, 4 in 100 times; and even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN, Preferably in a zig -zag pattern!

8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: *STOP*

It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often
asked 'for help' into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.

9. Another Safety Point: Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird.. The police told her
'Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door.." The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over. The policeman said, 'We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door. He told her they think a serial kille has a baby's cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby.. He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that they hear baby's cries outside their doors when they're home alone at night.

10. *Water Scam*: If you wake up in the middle of the night to hear all your taps outside running or what you think is a burst pipe, DO NOT GO OUT TO INVESTIGATE! These people turn on all your outside taps full blast so that you will go out to investigate and then attack.

edit on 2/8/2012 by paxnatus because: typo
edit on 2/8/2012 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Great post, will pass it along.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Not really a 'MUST' read.

I guess some of those tips could be helpful for someone, if the situation is right.

Others just seem downright deadly.

Not to mention, that whole 'written by a female cop' thing is so manipulative, in its attempt to make the tips seem more trustworthy. For me it was the exact opposite. I'd much rather have the male cops perspective.
edit on 8-2-2012 by imasecretspy because: (no reason given)
edit on 8-2-2012 by imasecretspy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I read your OP and link…WOW! S&F

Great advice in the OP and based on your link…you’re a trooper!

I would add: For those women (and men) who live in a state that honors the constitution and allows the concealed carry of a firearm…DO SO! Take advantage of that power; learn to be comfortable and secure in your ability to use it; carry it always.

If I’m wrong you’ll live to be a really old lady with a nice gun, and what’s wrong with that??
edit on 8-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Written by a female cop? Why doesn't she mention how they advantageously bypass the codex for escalation of force by nearly always turning situations into violence with citizens.

Disagree with a female cop and they will lunge at you and start a physical altercation and proceed to taze the living crap out of you with the justification that you were a threat. As bad as adrenaline fogged bullies male cops are it is the women who take the cake with the manipulation of force escalation and abusing a position of power.

If you can't subdue a person without using potentially lethal force you have no business being an officer.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Just so everyone knows....there is some truth mixed in with some non truths..this is one of those spam emails that go around and goes straight to my trash..

SNOPES - Please read!

I personally would not spread it around...not when there are non truths thrown in....
edit on February 8th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
You are very right . It can be happening to you and part of your brain is still saying is this real. My children and I were saved by a female officer almost three years ago ...Marja Atchley is that officer.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Just so everyone knows....there is some truth mixed in with some non truths..this is one of those spam emails that go around and goes straight to my trash..

SNOPES - Please read!

I personally would not spread it around...not when there are non truths thrown in....
edit on February 8th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

There are some dumb chain mails but what part/parts of this do you find a problem with, just out of curiosity?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

2.. Learned this from a tourist guide: If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM; toss it away from you.....Chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!

Doing this is probably going to get you shot or stabbed a lot quicker than if you just hand over your wallet or purse.

If someone is in the car with a gun to your head, DO NOT DRIVE OFF, *Repeat* DO NOT DRIVE OFF! Instead gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your Air Bag will save you. If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it. As soon as the car crashes bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location.

If someone has a gun to your head, DO WHAT THEY ASK YOU TO DO. Crashing your car will not save you from being shot. This is very poor advice IMO

7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control ALWAYS RUN!

The predator will only hit you, a running target, 4 in 100 times; and even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN, Preferably in a zig -zag pattern!

Again I would say that this is very poor advice. Probably 4 in 100 times a criminal wants to harm you. The other 96 times they just want your money. Give it to them.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I have another tip about a different kind of predator, Fire.

No matter where you go, to a movie, restaurant, grocery store, shopping mall or anywhere for the first time, take a minute or two and look around. Understand where you are relative to the structure you are in. Locate visibly the closest exits. Find at least two alternatives, preferably in opposite directions. At shopping malls, stop by the directory map from time to time to re-assess your location and exit strategy. If you have kids, make a game of it and let them play!

Mere seconds when responding could make all the difference.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Yeah, some of this could get you killed.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
You're thinking like men. We are stronger and better able to defend ourselves. Women are at a disadvantage in such situations because they are usually smaller and weaker than their assailant. In some situations, it is more a choice between two evils. Driving your car straight into a wall is better than being raped and tortured for hours, and then killed anyway. Never go anywhere willingly with a predator. Just run whether he has a gun or not. If you try to reason with an animal like that, you will only end up being a rotten skeleton found in some empty field ten years from now. Never cooperate. Fight kick scream. If they try to rape you, # and piss yourself. Women have avoided rape by disgusting their attacker. Better to die resisting than go quiet to your grave.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I remember reading that on the internet about 10 years ago. Some of it is really true, and would work to save yourself. I think the best bet would be to go with your gut and use your head.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by imasecretspy

Others just seem downright deadly.

Really? Which ones?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew reply to post by paxnatus
If someone is in the car with a gun to your head, DO NOT DRIVE OFF, *Repeat* DO NOT DRIVE OFF! Instead gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your Air Bag will save you. If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it. As soon as the car crashes bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location. If someone has a gun to your head, DO WHAT THEY ASK YOU TO DO. Crashing your car will not save you from being shot. This is very poor advice IMO

This exact incident happened to a young lady at my local milk bar nearly 18 years ago.
A new mother with a 12 day old baby, she drove to the shop one night to grab milk, bread etc.
When she got back into her car ,Paul Denyer was hiding in the back s
eat. He made her drive a few miles to an isolated spot with a knife to her throat. Once there, he proceeded to slit her throat & stab her to death, even though she fought so hard. He had already killed another young girl, & went on to kill another 17 yo girl.
It was a terrifying time (as I was a young mother to a 4 week old baby too at the time) to live in Frankston.

Debbie was abducted less than 100 meters from my home. Her plight ran through my mind many times driving the same roads she had to that night. I always ended up wishing she had just crashed her car at the traffic lights.

sad ,sad story.

link

So yeah, I wouldn't be compliant. I'd crash into the area with the most cars, (Traffic lights etc)
edit on 9-2-2012 by jewells because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

ok so heres my 2 cents. I remember once I got stuck on a federal jury, during a break in the hearings I wanted a cig and asked where I could go to smoke. The bailiff was nice enough to show me this one room in the courthouse they had for smoking so i went there.While having my cig I say a magazine on crime against women. This is not one that is for the general public mind you, just one that people in law enforcement can get. In it was this one article on violent crimes and things women do that can cost them their lives. They had 3 different women in there that had somehow survived really violent attacks and lived to tell their stories. In each case the women had made the mistake of doing 'what they were told', and at the end it told what women should do in those cases to protect themselves instead. I thought at the time I was pretty savvey about taking care of myself so I thought I'd read on what they had to say.I was floored at the fact these women had even survived and that they had gone so willingly with the attacker.One had gotten in her car at a busy shopping center and he slipped in right behind her in her car with a gun to her head and told her to drive.She ended up in a lonely field with her throat cut. Only by trying to hold her throat closed and crawling back up to a road to she survive it.I'm no cop and never have been, but I learned from reading that and from real life, DON'T EVER COOPERATE! Your life depends on you running screaming at the top of your lungs and creating a huge scene.If someone is in your car with you and has a gun bail out and run for it. Scream as loud as you can. They don't want people to see them and what they are doing.Can you die doing this? Oh yeah you bet. But instead of a chance of you dying by fighting, If you go with them you stand 0 chance of living. They may say 'just do what I say and you won't be hurt'.But thats just to keep you under control.Of course they don't want you to run and make a scene.They want to get you somewhere quiet where they can do whatever they want to you. They need your cooperation to do it too.In the magazine it listed the statistics that once a woman drove with her attacker the odds of finding her alive again were almost 0.Men don't usually have to worry about things like this happening to them so they arent thinking about odds of living etc.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Most of these suggestions are absolutely absurd. It's one thing to be watchful or vigilant, but quite another thing to live in a state of paranoia, ridiculously misplaced fear and crippling anxiety of others.

Number 4, for example, suggests that you shouldn't sit around in your car because you might be the victim of a ''predator''. So, you really want to live in a petrified state, constantly looking over your shoulder in fear that you'll become one of the miniscule percentage of people who fall victim to a random sex attacker who stalks car parks?

Number 5, again, offers sound advice to someone who is afflicted by paranoia and watches far too many horror films, but no normal person should be combing the area around their car for potential assailants; that's just not a normal, healthy way of thinking. The person who allegedly wrote this sounds like they must have some kind of phobia or disorder relating to excessive worry about abduction or attack.

As for number 6? Use the elevator instead of the stairs? Yeah, of course, no-one ever gets attacked in elevators. They're so much more salubrious than stair-wells.

Number 8 again is ridiculous. So you're not going to help someone in physical distress in the 0.000001% possibility that they are a deranged serial killer?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I starred and flagged this for a few of the points, although some of them seem incredibly unlikely.

A few I learned from my Krav Maga instructor when I first started are also useful.

If you are out walking at night for whatever reason, when you turn a corner give it a wide berth particularly if you can't see around it, like a high wall for example. If you are pushed against a wall it is more difficult to escape, the assailant will have all the leverage they need.

In most places it is illegal to carry a weapon, like in th UK. But you can of course carry a biro pen, which is very effective at puncturing skin, if you are in a desperate situation it could save your life.

If someone pulls a knife shout as loud as you can the person has a knife to alert anyone else in the area to keep a distance.

One of the best ones I have heard which most doormen are taught, is to ask a question at a distance. For example if someone is walking towards you with the intention of causing you or someone else harm, their mind will be firmly fixed on this thought alone. If you ask them a simple question like "have you got the time mate?" you can often tell right away whether or not they are about to cause trouble. Most normal people won't begrudge you the time.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

How about this part

If someone is in the car with a gun to your head, DO NOT DRIVE OFF, *Repeat* DO NOT DRIVE OFF! Instead gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car.

Sounds like a great thing to do with a gun to your head huh? Like if they weren't going to shoot you crashing into something with a gun to your head might very well get you blown away.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jewells

Still terrible advice.
How about if you hurt yourself worse than them by crashing the car and they stab or shoot you anyway for trying to stop them? What if they aren't going to kill you and then you do something like that and they do, or you crash your car and they slit your throat or shoot you on accident.

Better advice, just lock the door when you get in the car, carry pepper spray, call a number on your cell phone and leave it in the seat and shout to the attacker. Lots of things you can do, I mean you can crash the car, but I wouldn't do it with a gun to the temple or a knife to the neck, maybe if they just showed you a gun and weren't holding it on you.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join