It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania has Plan B vending machine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I'll admit, I'm kind of biased to this topic because I actually attend this university. It broke out wide and far in the media yesterday appearing on Daniel Tosh's blog and showing up on news sites afterwards. Many people cast their own opinions and cast down my peers for the need of such a machine. The university makes no profit off of it and uses the money made from purchases to fund more purchases of the product. There are some that say we are funding "abortion pills" and all that. It was voted in by students over two years ago and only students can access the machine in the health center after checking in and validating that they indeed attend the university. As far as I know, we are the first university to have this option offered to students. Here are some related links:

www.washingtonpost.com...

tosh.comedycentral.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

So, what are your thoughts and opinions on this topic? Should the university still be allowed to follow these practices? Should I and my peers still have this option if necessarry? I'd just really love to hear all of you hash your opinions out on this one.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Huge round of applause for U of P. Seriously. More universities should be doing this.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
That is a GREAT idea, add some condoms in there too (usually they are free round these parts from health centers)

However, I do hope people are aware that they become less effective every time you take one. At least that's what I've been told by two different pharmacists.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Save the trees!
Save the whales!
Kill the children!

Where have we gone wrong?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
Save the trees!
Save the whales!
Kill the children!

Where have we gone wrong?

im sorry, i didnt see ANYTHING on here having anything to do with killing children. Please dont lie, and dont derail.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

It's not a lie. And it's not a derailment- it's my opinion which was asked for in the OP. So holster it , thread cop.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

It's not a lie. And it's not a derailment- it's my opinion which was asked for in the OP. So holster it , thread cop.

it is a lie, and an attempt to make it about YOUR view on abortion (which this is not-and if you think it is, you really ought to get educated on what Plan-b does).

Tell me what this thread has to do with killing children...go on, Ill wait.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

HAH!

I know a few people that graduated from here, and I can testify they need the machine.

It's like the kids getting out of the small towns around there just can't wait to go a little wild.

After a few trips to visit my friends, I was almost sad I went to Cornell...

Almost...

Well, not really.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

This is from OP:
So, what are your thoughts and opinions on this topic? Should the university still be allowed to follow these practices? Should I and my peers still have this option if necessarry? I'd just really love to hear all of you hash your opinions out on this one.

SO, to answer your question, captain, I am entitled to have a thought or opinion on the subject. This is a public forum. If you do not agree with my view, fine, that is your right. Do not try to silence mine, thank you.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

This is from OP:

SO, to answer your question, captain, I am entitled to have a thought or opinion on the subject. This is a public forum. If you do not agree with my view, fine, that is your right. Do not try to silence mine, thank you.

You sure are entitled to an opinion. However, you claimed it was about killing children. I am still waiting for you to provide proof to your claim. Otherwise it is empty (which it obviously is). this thread is about plan-b. Not killing children.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

There is controversy about whether such drugs may in some cases act not as a contraceptive but as a contragestive, a drug that prevents the implantation of a human embryo in the uterus, thus preventing pregnancy, although one study has concluded that this mechanism is unlikely.
wikipedia

Some people are under the opinion that life begins at conception. This would not be a controversy if it were so cut and dry.

Have I struck a nerve or are you just an adamant supporter?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myomistress
Should the university still be allowed to follow these practices? Should I and my peers still have this option if necessarry?

YES and YES! This is a great idea, good on the university! There are already >6 BILLION humans on this planet. Someone who does not want to contribute to this problem should have every means at their availability to help not.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

I'm pretty sure condoms are located in the machine as well.. Along with cold medicine and sore throat lasanges for some reason.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vardoger
That is a GREAT idea, add some condoms in there too (usually they are free round these parts from health centers)

However, I do hope people are aware that they become less effective every time you take one. At least that's what I've been told by two different pharmacists.

Why wear condoms? When we're done I'll just toss her a pill and a bottle of water.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Originally posted by Vardoger

Why wear condoms? When we're done I'll just toss her a pill and a bottle of water.

You have never had a condom break -- lucky you

BTW Kudos to the college!!! I hope they have the courage to endure the flack!
edit on 8-2-2012 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

There is controversy about whether such drugs may in some cases act not as a contraceptive but as a contragestive, a drug that prevents the implantation of a human embryo in the uterus, thus preventing pregnancy, although one study has concluded that this mechanism is unlikely.
wikipedia

Some people are under the opinion that life begins at conception. This would not be a controversy if it were so cut and dry.

Show me the citations where it is proved that life begins at conception. Even your Bible says that life begins at the first breath and ends at the last.

"Then the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the earth and blew the breath of life into his nostrils. The man became a living being." Genesis 2:7

“The spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.” ~ Job 33:4

“Thus says the Lord God to these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live. And I will lay sinews upon you, and will cause flesh to come upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live; and you shall know that I am the Lord.” ~ Ezekiel 37:5-6

"If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow [ie, she dies], then thou shalt give life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe." Exodus 21:22-26

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappyBunny

wikipedia

Show me the citations where it is proved that life begins at conception. Even your Bible says that life begins at the first breath and ends at the last.

"Then the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the earth and blew the breath of life into his nostrils. The man became a living being." Genesis 2:7

“The spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.” ~ Job 33:4

“Thus says the Lord God to these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live. And I will lay sinews upon you, and will cause flesh to come upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live; and you shall know that I am the Lord.” ~ Ezekiel 37:5-6

"If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow [ie, she dies], then thou shalt give life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe." Exodus 21:22-26

I will not show any proof because as I stated previously...some people are of the OPINION that life begins at conception. So why not allow me to have an opinion as I do the same?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

But ....just to address your request...

There are also many passages in Scripture that indicate that the pre-natal individual is to be regarded as a human being:

Psalm 139:13 "You formed my inmost being; You knit me in my mother's womb. I praise You, so wonderfully You made me... My very self You knew; my bones were not hidden from You, when I was being made in secret, fashioned as in the depths of the earth. Your eyes foresaw my actions; in Your book all are written down; my days were shaped, before one came to be." This clearly shows we are known to God as individuals, even before we draw our first breath. Abortion wrenches us out of earthly existence, and out of the vision of the future that exists in the mind of God.

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you. Before you were born I dedicated you..." From the very first moment of our conception God claims us as His own, and sets our lives in motion.

Ecclesiasticus 11:5 "Just as you know not how the breath of life fashions the human frame in the mother's womb, so you know not the work of God which he is accomplishing in the universe." And also Job 31:15 "Did not he who made me in the womb make him? Did not that same One fashion us before our birth?" Notice these two verses say "...fashions the human frame in the mother's womb..." and "...the same One fashion us before our birth?". Neither of these say anything about "fetal tissue" or a "glob of cells" that will become a human.

Psalm 51:7 "I was born guilty, a sinner, even as my mother conceived me." This verse shows that conception is the birth of our spiritual existence.

Isaiah 49:1 "The Lord called me from birth, from my mother's womb he gave me my name." We are known, loved, and named by God in the womb. This shows that God regards an individual as whole and complete even before birth.

Luke 1:15 (referring to St. John the Baptist) "He was filled with the Holy Spirit even from his mother's womb..." This shows that St. John was a fully vested human person, with a body and soul, even before he was born.

Luke 1:41-43 "When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the infant leaped in her womb...And she cried out with a loud voice and said: Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb. And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?" There are several points that can be made here. First, St. John was able to respond to the promptings of the Holy Spirit, even while still in his mother's womb. Second, it says "the infant" leaped in her womb, not "the fetus" or "glob of tissue".

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

reply to post by HappyBunny

But ....just to address your request...

There are also many passages in Scripture that indicate that the pre-natal individual is to be regarded as a human being:

Psalm 139:13 "You formed my inmost being; You knit me in my mother's womb. I praise You, so wonderfully You made me... My very self You knew; my bones were not hidden from You, when I was being made in secret, fashioned as in the depths of the earth. Your eyes foresaw my actions; in Your book all are written down; my days were shaped, before one came to be." This clearly shows we are known to God as individuals, even before we draw our first breath. Abortion wrenches us out of earthly existence, and out of the vision of the future that exists in the mind of God.

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you. Before you were born I dedicated you..." From the very first moment of our conception God claims us as His own, and sets our lives in motion.

Ecclesiasticus 11:5 "Just as you know not how the breath of life fashions the human frame in the mother's womb, so you know not the work of God which he is accomplishing in the universe." And also Job 31:15 "Did not he who made me in the womb make him? Did not that same One fashion us before our birth?" Notice these two verses say "...fashions the human frame in the mother's womb..." and "...the same One fashion us before our birth?". Neither of these say anything about "fetal tissue" or a "glob of cells" that will become a human.

Psalm 51:7 "I was born guilty, a sinner, even as my mother conceived me." This verse shows that conception is the birth of our spiritual existence.

Isaiah 49:1 "The Lord called me from birth, from my mother's womb he gave me my name." We are known, loved, and named by God in the womb. This shows that God regards an individual as whole and complete even before birth.

Luke 1:15 (referring to St. John the Baptist) "He was filled with the Holy Spirit even from his mother's womb..." This shows that St. John was a fully vested human person, with a body and soul, even before he was born.

Luke 1:41-43 "When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the infant leaped in her womb...And she cried out with a loud voice and said: Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb. And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?" There are several points that can be made here. First, St. John was able to respond to the promptings of the Holy Spirit, even while still in his mother's womb. Second, it says "the infant" leaped in her womb, not "the fetus" or "glob of tissue".

And yet, nobody saw anything overly wrong with making a woman miscarry or abort a child--he got off with a fine. If the mother herself died, though, he got the death penalty.

If God held a fetus as so sacred, why would he allow that?

Also, if a fetus is so sacred to God, why did he invent miscarriages and stillbirths?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I will not show any proof because as I stated previously...some people are of the OPINION that life begins at conception. So why not allow me to have an opinion as I do the same?

Sure, you can have an opinion. This is still America, as much as the Santorums of the world are trying to turn it into a Taliban state. I'd just like to know if it's okay to drop the results of these non-contraceptive copulations on your doorstep. Can we trust you to take care of them?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join