It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Files $900 Trillion Lawsuit Against NYC For Taking Her Kids Away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
www.forbes.com...

In court documents filed last week, Ogunbayo has accused the Administration for Children’s Services and city for causing economic hardship, substantial economic injuries and violating her and her children’s civil rights. Her sons, removed in June 2008, are now ages 16 and 13

In the article, it states the woman was suffering from hallucinations and other mental disorders. But is that grounds to keep her kids away from her for four years?

A local Staten Island website originally picked up the story before it went viral, and it seems that while Ogunbayo may be mentally ill, that alone is not legally grounds to remove a child from a parent’s custody.

I think she has a case. She won't get near what she filed for but she might get a nice little settlement.

www.inquisitr.com...
edit on 8-2-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Seems like a reasonable number a logical person would come to.

Hey if she wins, she can solve our national debt!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Ms. Ogunbayo, who is representing herself, has branded the allegations a “huge lie.”

Representing herself in a 900 Trillion $ lawsuit... add delusional to her list of shortcomings.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

She allegedly suffered from hallucinations and delusions, and also left the boys at home alone for extended periods while she was working, the city maintained.

Yes, that is grounds for removing her children from the home. She, of course, claims none of this is true, but she is suing for $900 trillion dollars. I don't know if one can claim they are not delusional when suing for that amount without immediately proving themselves to be a liar.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
i usually have lots to say

you know when you think, theres never going to be something thats so funny, its not funny

lol

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Ive seen people do this before, they dont expect to see any of it they just want to make a point.. so $900 trillion is just a figure, if she wins she wont even get a million, its a stupid "open your eyes" type of thing. Happens alot when people sue hospitals. Sometimes they do end up winning like 2.5 million. But its alot less than trillions.... lol
edit on 8-2-2012 by dayve because: cantspell

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
If she had sued for 2 million, we wouldn't be talking about this case now....crazy...or crazy like a fox....

I vote, fit her for a straight jacket crazy.....if she had an attorney...my vote would swing the other way...
edit on 8-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
She should of tried for a Quadrillion, and then they would of said she was mentally insane and she wouldn't get anything because in her case she would of been an unfit mother to even take care of her children...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Ya, the amount she's looking for alone tells me she doesn't have a very good grip on reality.
Second line

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Pffffttt,...she'd be lucky to get half that.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
On all seriousness, I couldn't put a price on my child. 900 trillion is just to get the attention she is serious about her love for her kids.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Guaranteed she didn't make it a quadrillion because she didn't know what came after trillion.

FACT

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

State Children agencies have nearly limitless power, nearly no checks and balances, and can quite literally keep you and your kids separated without ever even filing a charge.

Not only is it morally bankrupt, but very unconstitutional.

However, no lawmaker will touch them, as doing so makes you "against kids", and nobody is touching that with a 40' pole.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
More corruption from the state.......when my oldest son was born the hospital welfare worker tried to have him stolen from us....
She had tried to get my wife to sign adoption papers on the sly....Not explaining what was being signed......
The bitch was never even reprimanded....
All these semi officials should have their asses kicked when caught out engineering misery for others.....
its a big part of the disenfranchisement of the middle classes....and the first symptom of a police state.....
Bout time they found out they are no better than anyone else on welfare...just paid far more......

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Reading this article you cannot really say whether her kids should have been removed or not because there is no background information on the mother. If the reasons do not extend beyond her being crazy but the kids appeared ok ... then she probably has a case. But the progressive creeps at CPS would fight it tooth and nail .. they love stealing children from people, she'd probably spend years in court. The 900 trillion figure just makes her appear... well. ........ crazy.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

Um... No, it's not. At least here in California, parents who have a mental illness does not automatically deem them unfit. We've had many clients where I work (mental health) who are loving, attentive parents and their kids are doing fine. The key is self-care. If the mentally ill parent stays in treatment, the more stable they are and any CPS involvement is not necessary.

Even cases considered borderline, what's more damaging: The child maybe doesn't have an ideal life (poverty, maybe seeing mommy cry a lot or daddy hears voices, etc.) but are fed, clothed and loved verses being ripped away from their family and sent to live with strangers? Believe me, that does a lot more damage to a child.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Woman wants 900 trillion wow......north Korea just wants 40 trilllion dollars .

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockerchic4God
reply to post by Alora

Um... No, it's not. At least here in California, parents who have a mental illness does not automatically deem them unfit. We've had many clients where I work (mental health) who are loving, attentive parents and their kids are doing fine. The key is self-care. If the mentally ill parent stays in treatment, the more stable they are and any CPS involvement is not necessary.

Even cases considered borderline, what's more damaging: The child maybe doesn't have an ideal life (poverty, maybe seeing mommy cry a lot or daddy hears voices, etc.) but are fed, clothed and loved verses being ripped away from their family and sent to live with strangers? Believe me, that does a lot more damage to a child.

Um...read the article. She is accused of NOT caring for her children. Leaving them alone for days, being one of the accusations.

I have experience dealing with a delusional parent. Fed and clothed don't mean all that much when trying to survive a delusional parent's reality.

Loved? The mentally ill may have very different definitions of what 'loving' means. That was certainly the case in my house.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
lol...lol

It actually is quite insane... Crazy like a fox...

CPS has to now prove they have ever had reason...

also they have to dot every eye and cross every T... any mistake translates to cash...

crazy like a fox...
It has got national attention
her case cant be made to go away cheaply

call me crazy to, but it is a gamble that has paid off... we are discussing the case are we not...

Ill lay even money she will not be representing herself for long.... Plenty of attorneys will be reviewing this case for a payday... a huge on

trial by jury... she has better then even odds... especially if the agents have any questionable parts to their past

the agency will have to deal with a lot of attention...

If a big law firm sees payday..... winner the plaintiff

just so you know she is suing for civil rights damages... it will not officially be part of the case in family court over her kids... two separate cases... (IMHO)

the funny note... they rule her mentally unhealthy.... the court is forced to provide her a lawyer.... again win for the plaintiff... Was she provided with a psych eval to determine mental status before they took the kids... a temp order for a weekend pending test would have been sufficient

As for personal look... I hope she bankrupts them.... at most she might get a percent, not counting punitive damages a jury might award...

if CPS case is not air tight and a lawfirm takes the case... plaintiff
edit on 9-2-2012 by ripcontrol because: spanglesh

edit on 9-2-2012 by ripcontrol because: spanglesh in sentence form

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Surely having her children taken away would have lightened her economic woes. Infact from an economic point of view surely not having children around is a good thing?

top topics

join