It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capello resigns as England manager.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Just got the news!! oh boy. this will make way for Harry Redknap..
edit on 8-2-2012 by mandroids because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
Just got the news!! oh boy. this will make way for Harry Redknap..
edit on 8-2-2012 by mandroids because: (no reason given)

great isnt it?

go harry go!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
i guess. but harry? hmm.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Now harry has been cleared of his tax fraud, I think he will fit the job perfectly. Although I think Alex Ferguson should resign as United manager this season let and let Jose Mourniho be the new manager of Man United, Then Alex Ferguson should be the new england manager. Would be good

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
So glad this has happened before the Euro's , we stood no chance with Capello at the helm so we've got nothing to lose .
Its going to have to be a huge contract to get Harry to take the poison challis but I think it will be a price the FA are willing to pay after the fiasco of their decisions so far .

Renewed Hope

edit on 8-2-2012 by gortex because: edit to spelllllll

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SieMa
Now harry has been cleared of his tax fraud, I think he will fit the job perfectly. Although I think Alex Ferguson should resign as United manager this season let and let Jose Mourniho be the new manager of Man United, Then Alex Ferguson should be the new england manager. Would be good

Some big [potential] changes coming up.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Tbh I really can't see Harry coming in right now.. I think he'll just stick with Tottenham for now. If anyone I can see Rafa being the guy who leads England into the Euros. He's shown an interest in the job after all and I don't see why he won't at least be approached.. he is also currently without a job as far as I'm aware. Not to forget he does know English football fairly well already.

Don't get me wrong I'd really love to see Harry come in, as does almost everyone else, but I just don't think he will. He's still under contract remember.. Rafa on the other hand is in a perfect position.
edit on 8-2-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Im glad he's gone but the FA have made a right hash of it! No captain, no manager and 3 months too euros!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I lost hope in England a long time ago. they have shattered my hopes on so many times, I refuse to let my hopes be renewed for they will only be destroyed as we bail out of the EURO's complaining about how much football we play in the England and the fact we don't generate enough of own talent. Untill we fix the fundamentals, no manager will change Englands prospects. But at least we will have an English manager.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hmm, well this is an interesting turn of events.. I just re-started a season on football manager 2012 without an England manager.. and Harry Redknapp of all people resigned from Tottenham and immediately took over.

Could it be...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by disconnected8
Im glad he's gone but the FA have made a right hash of it! No captain, no manager and 3 months too euros!

The lack of manager isn't their fault and the lack of a captain isn't either, blame John Terry for being a racist (hope he is found guilty, that guy always seemed like such a smug moron who needed his comeuppance).

I think Sir Alex was asked before about taking the England job and he laughed and said "why would I? I'm Scottish".

Whoever takes it, all I know is they'll be doomed anyway in leading a team of overhyped, overpaid neanderthals and my passing interest in this news will wane since I don't really care about the sport anyway.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
Hmm, well this is an interesting turn of events.. I just re-started a season on football manager 2012 without an England manager.. and Harry Redknapp of all people resigned from Tottenham and immediately took over.

Could it be...

lol

Post it in the Predictions section, that's gotta be an omen surely.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Good idea, lol. Have you seen what Harry said this morning when being asked about the England job though? "My focus is on Tottenham." Hmm, that's not looking too good for England unfortunately.

Personally I'd still love to see a home-grown manager, and I'd love that man to be Harry, but I can only really see one other man who could realistically do the job.. Rafa. I think he'll be the guy.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

We haven't got a great crop to choose from, another example of how we have ruined our own National game by importing foreign talent. But the premiership is all about results and money, not long term investment into English Football, so we will never be a great national team, until we start bringing through our own talent.

Harry is probably the best out of the lot we have, but, he has only won one major trophy in his career, so not exactly world class.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yeah, I can agree with that - Bringing in our own talent. Alan Sugar was on sky news a short while ago relaying the same sort of message as well in fact. It's a problem we clearly have to deal with and if you believe the guys at the F.A... it is being dealt with as we speak. Time will tell though..

Harry is a great manager and I hope he comes around and takes over the England job. Alan Pardew is the only other English manager out there right now who I'd say comes anywhere close to him, and he's already ruled himself out of the job. Of course there's Hodgston but err.. let's hope he's not brought in. Stuart Pearce is another and perhaps the only other real candidate, and he's also just been announced as the guy who'll manage England in the Holland game. He's already got great International experience working alongside Capello with the senior England team and if Harry turns the job down I imagine he'll be the natural man to take over.

Edit to add: And how could I forget about Warnock.

edit on 9-2-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

top topics

join