It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where are we going now ? this is my question....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
We saw many things, we learn day after day, we Try to understand how the world works.Now I want you to answer this question by forgetting what you know, your religion, your personnel belief, your ideals, your origins,your sexual preference, not to think individual, but globally,imagine... now tell me.

why are we still doing what we do ?

this is a simple question and I'm looking for a simple answer, and I'm still looking, each day i try to find something justifying what we do every day and I find it hard to understand, sometimes I find it really silly, sometimes i laugh and sometimes I'm desperate.

There is a break,something has split in two, something that no longer works and I feel it, inside of me this voice tell me each day where are you going now ? having a good job to work all my life to give everything until my last breath and ? rise a family and see my children more desperate then i m and ? a house, a car, a phone and ?
and globally watching people running for fake plastic life, for people who gives power to paper we call money, do you realize a paper has more power then a life, is it possible...people who want to see other people dying, suffering, war, hunger, and more money and more suffer is it possible ? more destruction of our own home earth is it possible ?

where are we going ?
why nobody want a make a break and say ok people this the wrong way look at ourselves even animals don't do what we do.

i don't know you, i don't know where you come from, i don't even know what you think... but answer at this simple question

thank you

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Read this thread. It will tell you exactly why we're doing this to ourselves.

What's Wrong With Us

The only path we can follow from here that doesn't involve extinction, is evolution. Evolution will destroy those animalistic instincts that we no longer need. Evolution will awaken us, and we will finally, truly, be one great family.

Namaste

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

this is what i want avoid, no belief, no consciousness, no light, no power, no god, no religion, no dream totally empty and answer to the question.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It is impossible to answer that question without data.

You want me to answer a math question without numbers...it just doesn't work.

The answer you are looking for is simple in concept, but complex in words. I have posted the answer, in the thread I gave you...but if it is too complicated for you, then I will simply say this.

We are still animals. That is the root of our troubles. We are, at our deepest core, still animals...we're just very smart animals. This is the most concise yet accurate answer I can give.

Is that simple enough for you?
edit on CWednesdaypm131310f10America/Chicago08 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by pitchdragon

Simple enough for me to say. We, as individuals, having the spark of the creator do live for a reason. The reason "we" think we are living is a thing, but the real one is not necessarily the one we might think about right now.

By this I simply mean we must understand what are the things, on spiritual level or personal level we could make better. This is the very basic of metaphysical wisdom, and many answers to unanswered questions might follow from this very premise.

Hoping it made sense to you,

Thruthseek3r

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

this is what i want avoid, no belief, no consciousness, no light, no power, no god, no religion, no dream totally empty and answer to the question.

Then none of us would be here, using your criteria....by your own definition....:Zero from zero equals....zero....

edit on 8-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

it just doesn't work... we are just animal so there is nothing to justify our presence on this planet...like others animal we can vanish and noobody will know.
i 'm reading you thread i will give a an appropriate answer when i find it

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pitchdragon

You wanted a simple answer?

Change is hard. It's easier to continue as is than to re-evaluate.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

yea you say it well, Zero... without all this we are nothing...so why we are keep doing it ? if it lead to nothing why are we still fighting for it ?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

yea it make sense

now answer without any wisdom, you are here alone and i tell you why are you still doing what you do ?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Change is hard. It's easier to continue as is than to re-evaluate.

i understand change is hard but we know if we continue we will fall... are we stupid ?
some of you say we are just animal who think but even animal don't do what we do, are we the most stupid animal on this planet ?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

People who live "fake plastic" lives and who are slaves to materialism and consumerism don't think their lives are fake or plastic.

A billion people watched the Superbowl and a billion people are starving on earth.

Until you can get the billion people who watched the Superbowl to care as much about the billion people who are starving as they do about that football game nothing will change.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Animals do exactly what we do. Rape, Murder, etc. The more intelligent an animal the more "Evil" they are capable of but also the more "Good"

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Double Post
edit on 8-2-2012 by Buddha1098 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

it just doesn't work... we are just animal so there is nothing to justify our presence on this planet...like others animal we can vanish and noobody will know.
i 'm reading you thread i will give a an appropriate answer when i find it

All animals have a soul and connected but most people are able to ignore it totaly. With our minds we can train ourself to surrender our ego (at least temporary) and finally accept thet we are part of everything. Do not worry to much of what is going to happen. Even if they destroy all life on this planet, the evolution will still continue. Animals evolve and become other animals thru mutation. A human being experiances things in his life and changes/evolves both the mind and body. This planet is at this stage of evolution not allowed outside because it has not learned to behave yeet. Just because we are allowed to be ignorant to what is outside this solar system do not mean it is empty. Whatever is out there is keeping track of our progress and probably understand our evolution more than we who are evolving.

Above is how I persive the universe. Ignore if you don't like it. We all have our own path and I do not now yours, only part of my own. Thank you for existing. You might not think so but you are changing the whole universe by being. Namaste
edit on 8-2-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

yea it make sense

now answer without any wisdom, you are here alone and i tell you why are you still doing what you do ?

Are we really alone? Even when I am physicly the only body in a room, I am quite sure something is always there. At least at this stage of my evolution. Maybe god or whatever the deinve is decided I needed a babysitter. I agree that I do need my babysitter. Time for a little Takida I think.

Takida Never Alone Always Alone
www.youtube.com...
Lyrics
artists.letssingit.com...

I am never alone, I'm failing to turn
I will never miss home, I want to get back again
I am never alone, my colors will burn,
never alone, always alone

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

Above is how I persive the universe. Ignore if you don't like it. We all have our own path and I do not now yours, only part of my own. Thank you for existing. You might not think so but you are changing the whole universe by being. Namaste

this is so strange and i could not explain it,it"s there but i could not describe it because i don't know what it is, when i try to answer to that question i feel like i'm a front of a wall, this voice telling me keep going there is something behind that wall and i know i will never could climb it because i don"t have the tool to do it...

i'm sure some of you will think that i'm playing too much with my mind, i was not like that, but i feel tired to do what i do, i'm not tired of life, no I'm thirsty for life, but not in that way, not this kind of life, but something it is being put in place, something that scares us and who feel it know what I mean, this is not god, nor force, but a truth which we 're afraid, because it requires a change, and that's the reason i ask that question why are we still doing what we do and do we want keep doing it ?

I am not someone very spiritual, I do not even know if I believe in god, but lately something tell me it's time to choose ...it's very exciting but very scary

edit on 8-2-2012 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Two main reasons I can observe..

1. Historic Mindset:- Might is Right. An ingrained belief with humans from our earliest times. The very thing that leads us to praise our self and denegrate others, and find reasons to war.

My observation is that this Mindset is a long term process humanity is experiencing until it reaches its very natural conclusion.. going out with a Bang. It can end no other way if humans are to be fully, totally finished with the need for the experience.

And we I think must allow it to reach that end/conclusion if we do not wish to invite it again into our longer term future.. if we are to have one.

2. Indoctrination:- It begins the moment we are born. It is modelled by everyone you ever meet, everyone you ever hear or see in any media avenue. It is designed so that everyone Follows their Culture and does NOT look outside of that safe comfort zone. There is little give and take, but very strongly defined Boundaries we are not meant to cross without receiving denigration from our peers, etc.

So, where are we goin?

Here's my full observation.. Where are we going?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

yea it make sense

Simple, I want to learn where I come from and go back to my original state I was before being born onto this earth. Alone or not it does not change much to be honest

Thruthseek3r
edit on 9-2-2012 by thruthseek3r because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098

People who live "fake plastic" lives and who are slaves to materialism and consumerism don't think their lives are fake or plastic.

A billion people watched the Superbowl and a billion people are starving on earth.

Until you can get the billion people who watched the Superbowl to care as much about the billion people who are starving as they do about that football game nothing will change.

Funnily enough, the fact that you mention living in fake plastic reminded me of the famous song "Barbie girl".
Here are the Lyrics of a certain part:

I´m a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world
Life in plastic, it´s fantastic!
You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere.
Imagination, life is your creation.

I found it a bit ironic to have these two opposites. Life in plasttic being fantastic (materialism on a side) and the second one mentioning that life is your creation.

A concept to think about,

Thruthseek3r

top topics

<<   2 >>

join