It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is not just Iran vs USA in Strait of Hormuz

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
www.globalsecurity.org...

www.9abc.net...

Pakistan also shares a border on the strait of Hormuz with guest Chinese naval base Gwadar. The Chinese have been monitoring US troop activities in the Strait with the use of their strategic base.

Could this be something interesting we may see develop. With the US Navy bound to be incinerated in the Strait we could see an interesting scenario where China-Pak assistance deals the final blow or come to the assistance of Iran if it came to that.

edit on 092929p://2America/ChicagoWed, 08 Feb 2012 09:15:38 -0600 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

edit on 092929p://2America/ChicagoWed, 08 Feb 2012 09:17:03 -0600 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Yes the port makes up 'The String Of Pearls.' The strategic transport hubs of the Chinese industry.

en.wikipedia.org...(China)

And it is part of The Great Game:

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 8-2-2012 by 3n3p5i9o5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
"incinerated" ?? i hardly think so..but..things are certainly building to the breaking point.
i dont think cool heads will prevail on this..war is coming.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

LGM118A ring a bell.

That would make them think otherwise.

Are you kidding me they would site by and do nada.

If they F with us then no debt. Thats right you get #.

worse case the do something and we take out their sats and send them back to the stione age with an EMP from an E37B..

Sorry do you think they would really do something.

listen we send our weekest war ship through there. They were in there laying mines and trying to simulate a shut down.

They have no testicular fortitude.

It takes a real man.

A MARINE.

They are not Marines.

They are mice.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

LMAO at "incinerated in the strait". I think you really want war to happen your still fascinated with the Strait of Hormuz and your still fascinated with the defeat of the US Navy in said strait. Its just not going to happen. Call it bravado if you want, but the logistics just aren't there. For one China doesn't want the strait closed its one of their supply chains. Two Iran will never go up against the US toe to toe they will strike our friends and allies and other strategic points, which they are quite capable of. They will not go for a straight military confrontation with the US.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I'm thinking chinese blockade at times..I don't see the benefit of China getting involved militarily with us seeing how much money is invested in the United States and you know as well as I do it's all about money..China isn't far off from having their own economic issues so having a war breakout is no longer beneficial for the global community let alone one country..think of the countries that would collapse if the US went further into the hole...but I could be wrong

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I think some folks allow bravado and overconfidence to get in the way.
This has proven deadly to greater soldiers in the past.
Does the US not have any diplomats?
If so then what in the hell are we paying them for?
War is profitable for the few in charge, it is NOT inevitable.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but you are delusional as to what Iran and it's possible allies can do in case they do take offensive action in Hormuz.

Marines are soldiers, and soldiers obey orders. They are only as good as the people giving them orders.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
China depends on a steady flow of oil through the Strait. If Iran mines the Strait, it is a direct threat to China. China has a vested interest in the US preventing Iran from closing the Strait. Please try to keep the players clear in your fantasies.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Man...really...INCINERATED ?

You obviously are extremely uninformed, even tho you think you are.Not only that, but you also dream with your eyes open (there is a medical term for that also).

When you say things like incinerated and US navy is same sentence, proves you are...hmm...dumb.

One ship, even one carrier might be hit, EVEN sunk...but this will be the FIRST and LAST "succes" for Iran.The US Navy is FAR more big than 1 or 2 ships, and once US Navy will LOSE a ship, its game over for Iran.

They know that, you know that, i know that, EVERYONE know that.

You just hope its not gonna be this way, because in your "dream" the iranians have motherships in the orbit, time traveling soldiers and they already mastered the teleportation, so the US Navy stands no chance.

Wake up now, before the actual war happends, and Iran will be just another training ground for US bombers and missiles, and your dream will become a nightmare.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

You use the same type of assumptions that even the US military itself uses:

that Iran is unable to defend itself. Might be true for their air force and even navy, I don't think those pose any serious threat to american warfare technology.

But it's a whole different ball game once the U.S. actually tries to penetrate Iran's territory. They aren't an Iraq 2.0, crippled by years of sanctions and diplomatic isolation.

They not only still have economic power, they are still growing economically, even with oil trade. And their armies haven't been scared by a Desert Storm operation.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

But it's a whole different ball game once the U.S. actually tries to penetrate Iran's territory.

That is why the United States has no plans to start a shooting war with Iran. The economic war is enough to achieve America's aims.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Why would the U.S. Navy be in the Strait. Just stay back where Iran's weapons are out of range. The U.S subs can be close, lying in wait.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Papagrune

Here is the problem, how do you defend missiles attacking the oil tankers in the shipping lane in the straits without having an Aegis ship there?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Iran (and the Chinese) may be able to defend themselves in some capacity, but from my understanding they better have a reign of fire from unholy Hell of the likes we've never seen before if they stand a chance at incinerating the U.S. Navy. Now, I'm not for the U.S. presence in Iran at the moment, but we need to be realistic when making such claims.
edit on 8-2-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Here is the problem, how do you defend missiles attacking the oil tankers in the shipping lane in the straits without having an Aegis ship there?

Why would Iran attack oil tankers? All they want is peace, right?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Seal team six got incinerated, it was so bad, I heard they had to bring in sponges to pick up the bodies. Yes INCINERATED

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

In retaliation for sanctions or an american/israeli attack upon Iran.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

SEAL Six got incinerated, it was so bad, I heard they had to bring in sponges to pick up the bodies. Yes INCINERATED

Thats funny, seems they are still operational.........so apparently not.......

Sometimes I think you are trolling, and sometimes i just think you are heavily biased an uninformed.......

SEAL team chopper got hit, I hardly think that is incinerated.........

There is no doubt that Iran has weapons and they can defend themselves.........the difference is we are better equipped with better weapons and counter measures........

You guys call Americans war mongers...............

Every thread I see you start in regards to US and Iran has you spouting some drivel about undeniable annihilation.......

Whose the war monger now?
edit on 8-2-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Seal team six got incinerated, it was so bad, I heard they had to bring in sponges to pick up the bodies. Yes INCINERATED

Very disrespectful, shows how little of a human you are. At any rate, Seal Team 6 never got "incinerated" to the best of my knowledge. Aside from that, you really are an armchair general arent you? You have no knowledge of warfare. We are decades ahead of any country on this planet in terms of navy, air force, and on the ground, in terms of training and* technology.

P.S-Before its brought up, we brought down Iraq and Afghanistans infrastructure in a few short amount of time. The only reason we stayed was to help them rebuild, and to remove insurgents(which we did efficiently, even though guerilla warfare isnt our forte). And dont twist it, if we go to war with Iran, we wont stay to help them rebuild, or to remove insurgents. Well strike hard, remove their nuclear facilities and military infrastructure, and leave.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join