It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Woolly mammoth' caught on camera in Siberia

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think its a new episode of walking the dinosaurs... the whooly mammoth or viral for ice age 4

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
siberia is basically a thirld world country within Russia.
I'll believe these type of claims when they start to happen in places like Silicone valley[as for big foot] or New the LHC in Switzerland..
un-educated people aren't reliable sources.
Besides, it's just a bear with something hanging out of his mouth LOL

Notice NO REAL credible scientist does this type of work.

edit on 9-2-2012 by Duceis because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2012 by Duceis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

You got it! Now if you could tell us what kind of fish it is....
Line two!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by solids0be

Originally posted by FoosM
why would an elephant have its trunk (nose) in the water?

Why wouldn't it? maybe it was drinking, using it as balance. theres no way to tell.

Because an elephant would have to bring its nose out every now and again to breath or clear the passage of water:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by solids0be

why would an elephant have its trunk (nose) in the water?

Why wouldn't it? maybe it was drinking, using it as balance. theres no way to tell.

Because an elephant would have to bring its nose out every now and again to breath or clear the passage of water:

You do know they can breath out of there mouths as well right???...and they can hold their breath like any other animal??..I mean come on dude what a weakass response...maybe he was taking a drink... /thread Its a mammoth get over it

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Oh i came back to checkup on this thread... and I just remembered this 'flying elephant' video. The reason why I am posting this is because it can be easy to be fooled by CG... The video is an example on how well done a video like in the OP can be made.

this thread should be thrown in the hoax bin IMO.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by minor007
reply to post by disconnected8

having seen the video i think its a hoax. The water dosent seem to be hitting the animal which leads me to believe this is an elephant overlayed to the video containg the river.

On further inspection with regard to others sayings its a bear with a fish in its mouth I have to agree. Theres a few frames in the vid that when you pause it you can clearly see the fish
edit on 8-2-2012 by minor007 because: (no reason given)

Unfortunately, the proportions and body symmetry do not match that of a bear. The rear hips are too low compared to the front shoulders, head too large, lack of hump (ie Grizzly) etc. I don't know what it is - but it's not a bear.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by solids0be

Thanks for that video.

That blows the "elephants can't keep their trunks in the water" theory - errmm...right out of the water! lol!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

reminds me of Admiral Byrd's
flight log to the Antarctic.
1005 hours - altitude 1,400 feet :

a large animal of some kind below us. It appears to be an elephant! No!! It looks more like a mammoth! This is incredible! Yet, there it is! Decrease altitude to 1,000 feet and take binoculars to better examine the animal. It is confirmed a mammoth-like animal. Report this to base camp.

www.hollow-earth.org...

www.byerly.org...

edit on 9/2/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

Unfortunately, that quote was from a heavily re-written version of Admiral Bryd's journal. Most of these incredible entries into the journal were added later (After Byrd died) by some whacko who ran a 'Hollow Earth Society" in Calif. somewhere. At least that's my understanding. Google is your friend

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
defentally looks like a bear. and i always thought wolly mammoths would be like the size of elephants? unless thats a baby one and if thats the case wheres the parents at? i think this is fake and i believe that there instinct now

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I also see a bear with a huge fish in it's mouth. Pretty sure that's what it is. Why else would they keep the video fuzzy other then to hoax us?
edit on 10-2-2012 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I've watched this video far longer than I care to admit... If you bring it up on full-screen on a huge monitor like I am, and continually watch the zoomed in portion of the video in slow-mo - you will clearly see that it is NOT a bear with a fish in its mouth.

You can see the back hips rotating like an elephants and not a bears, the upper shoulders right behind the head are also far too massive to be a bear, also the head is too large. Most telling is the way the front legs step up in the water, it's identical to how elephants walk through water and not how a bear does. Elephants are taller and their legs tend to come up and down more vertically when going through the water due to where their knees are, bears tend to just trudge and push through the flow of water as opposed to stepping up and through it. You can also easily identify big flapping ears, if you watch on slow-mo multiple times. You can even see very, very small tusks just at the base of the trunk.

Unfortunately however, the river water cresting around the legs of the animal just doesn't match up properly, the water on the back legs is too white in comparison to the rest of the whitecaps on the river, and the whole animal has a blur apparently surrounding it. This is NOT a bear carrying a fish in its mouth, but it IS a video-edited/CGI'ed elephant implanted into the surrounding environment. It actually looks to be one of the smaller varieties from India. VERY nice find regardless! S+F!!!
edit on 10-2-2012 by Ajax because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
This is 100% fake.

Original Footage:

Michael Cohen's videos have no credibility.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
Cool.

2 possible explanations.

1. It escaped from the private comapany that cloned it.

2. Its the whole 2012 timewave zero theory where everything is going to come together. We will be having sightings of dinosaurs next.

Just like the lochness monster,other lake creatures and sea serpents,meaning dinosaurs,that people have been seeing for at least hundreds of years.This "time wave" is sure taking a long time to happen...
edit on 12-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by disconnected8

Do elephants normally walk through water dragging there trunk , or do they elevate there trunk above the water line ?

Either way , cool video but looks lie a hoax

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ModerateMartian

Nice job thanks for posting !

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
While it is possible for extent species to be discovered again the size of the mammoth does make it nearly impossible for it to go un-notice for so long. That being said there also has to be a sizable population for them to continue breeding and existing so it can be caught on camera. Making it more plausible this is a hoax.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ModerateMartian

appologies - but i just dont accept your reasoning - i agree that the alledged mammoth claim is utter twaddle

but IMHO the 2 clips you show are not the same

yes they were shot by the same camera crew , from the same gravel spit , on the same day

the lower unedited one is IMHO a scene setting shot [ filled from a tripod - FIXED ]

the clip used by the hoaxers is again IMHO shot with the same camera , by the same team from the same general location -[ within 10m ] - but is of them TRACKING a bear with a fish in its mouth as it crosses the river

that section has motion - which is IMHO actual camera tracking - not a mask moved across the static footage

the hoaxers have then used editing softwear to degrade the clip in an attempt to persuade the gullible that its a mamoth not a bear

hope that makes sense

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

This is the second time Michael Cohen has uploaded a fake which has been sourced from YouTube, edited then re-uploaded. I think it's quite plain what has happened here. The motion (like the video below) was added after finishing the CGI work, the reason for this is it's easier to add to a fixed camera video rather than having to motion track.

edit on 12-2-2012 by ModerateMartian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
it's not a coincidence that the video quality is ASS. I mean, how come it's always # quality ? We live in 2012, that kinda quality on cameras doesn't exist anymore for crying out loud.

Also, why is the surrounding environment better quality than the #ty fuzzy silhouette walking through it ?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join