It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Woolly mammoth' caught on camera in Siberia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

The animal – thought to have mostly died out roughly 4,000 years ago – was apparently filmed wading through a river in the freezing wilds of Siberia. The jaw-dropping footage was caught by a government-employed engineer last summer in the Chukotka Autonomous Okrug region of Siberia, it is claimed.

"If surviving woolly mammoths were found in Siberia, it could run against Russia's plans to further develop and exploit the area's considerable resources. "It would be potentially one of the greatest discoveries ever." Other animals rediscovered after previously being thought extinct include the coelacanth. The large fish was believed to have died out over 65million years ago, but a live specimen was found by fishermen off the coast of South Africa in 1938.

Video and
Article

Now I know the sun is not a highly credible or reliable source for facts but they have just uploaded this in the last hour, Ive done a quick search around and can't seem to find another source to confirm this. What do you guys think, could it really be a mammoth?
I doubt it but would be cool if it was. As with all these types of sightings the video is open to debate as too what it actually is, too me just looks like a standard elephant

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Looks like a bear with a fish in it's mouth to me! Still cool, you think he would have gotten a lil closer if he was really filming a woolly mammoth!!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
looks like waldo , you found him

link   
reply to post by disconnected8

having seen the video i think its a hoax. The water dosent seem to be hitting the animal which leads me to believe this is an elephant overlayed to the video containg the river.

On further inspection with regard to others sayings its a bear with a fish in its mouth I have to agree. Theres a few frames in the vid that when you pause it you can clearly see the fish
edit on 8-2-2012 by minor007 because: (no reason given)

link   
LOL, my wife says that somebody took their elephant for a joy ride to the park

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

When the camera zoomed in, it looked like a bear walking on all fours with something like a large fish in its mouth.

or it's a woolly mammoth!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I must admit I was stunned at first watch. Just goes to show how the mind can trick you. I expected a mammoth and I saw a mammoth.

However, on closer inspection, I found the behaviour of the 'trunk' quite strange. I then asked myself: What is the most plausible thing he could be filming in this evironment that resembles the thing on the blurry footage?

I came up with the idea of a bear fishing for salmon. I watched the video again expecting this, and I saw a bear with a large salmon in his mouth.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Cool.

2 possible explanations.

1. It escaped from the private comapany that cloned it.

2. Its the whole 2012 timewave zero theory where everything is going to come together. We will be having sightings of dinosaurs next.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

It may only be in the Sun but this is still worthy of a flag and a star in my mind. Thanks for posting this.

To me, it looks like a mammoth. But then it does also look like a bear with a fish in its mouth - if so, that would certainly explain why the engineer didn't get closer! That said, if it was a mammoth, i don't think i would have got closer either! How would you expect an animal to react that isn't used to modern man and has bloody enormous tusks?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I'm also of the opinion that it's a bear carrying a fish, if it were a trunk then it looks like the trunk has been damaged and kinda dangling, but I see a brown bear perhaps?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

It may only be in the Sun but this is still worthy of a flag and a star in my mind. Thanks for posting this.

To me, it looks like a mammoth. But then it does also look like a bear with a fish in its mouth - if so, that would certainly explain why the engineer didn't get closer! That said, if it was a mammoth, i don't think i would have got closer either! How would you expect an animal to react that isn't used to modern man and has bloody enormous tusks?

yea my first thought was it does look like a mammoth but then began to think it was a bear! Yea I think the camera man has remained calm in that situation, il be shaking and so excited that I wouldn't even catch it on tape!
As someone else mentioned it does look like an elephant being edited into a video of river in Siberia!
edit on 8-2-2012 by disconnected8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
i vote : bear , with the tail of a large fish clamped in its jaw much better footage required

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SergeantTrammelant
I must admit I was stunned at first watch. Just goes to show how the mind can trick you. I expected a mammoth and I saw a mammoth.

However, on closer inspection, I found the behaviour of the 'trunk' quite strange. I then asked myself: What is the most plausible thing he could be filming in this evironment that resembles the thing on the blurry footage?

I came up with the idea of a bear fishing for salmon. I watched the video again expecting this, and I saw a bear with a large salmon in his mouth.

Yep it does look like a bear with a salmon in its mouth! Not that familiar with salmon sizes but if you look at taking in account the size of the 'bear' the fish looks huge!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Looks more like a grizzly with something in its mouth , you would think if it was really a mammoth they would have took more footage ?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I don't see a bear with fish... I watched the video over and over.

To me it looks like a red-ish elephant crossing a river.

Funny how that even with some kind of video or pics people will refuse to acknowledge it's authenticity because it could be doctored in some way... but if you don't have any proof then you are making it up. I guess the term "you gotta see it to believe it" doesn't apply these days anymore.

Interesting times we live in.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I've caught freshwater salmon before that we're huge, biggest being 1 metre, and about 8 kilograms.
Hmm love salmon

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Doesn't look very woolly or mammoth in size. Guys upthread have it right. Bear with fish in its mouth.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

That is exactly what it is. You can see the color difference in the so called "trunk"

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Compare this video to the one in the article, the movement is very similar. Im beginning to think its clever editing and that it is an elephant super imposed over that river.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
24 seconds? They didn't have enough time to clean the camera lens, before it quickly ran away, never to be seen again?

Seriously, if that was a Woolly Mammoth, they would be able to find it again. There would be a clear picture of it.

Originally posted by disconnected8

Im beginning to think its clever editing and that it is an elephant super imposed over that river.

If they were 'clever', it wouldn't be that dam blurry.
Aside from the 'clever' part, I think you're probably right.

edit on 2/8/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join