It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New way to force your kid to go to school if they refuse!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

If only this was legal!
Wow, I so applaud this lady for not taking her kids crap. He was being pulled by his belt, not by his neck. I can't see how that is child abuse.

news.yahoo.com...

ABC News' Ali Ehrlich and Lauren Sher report:

"He had missed the bus repeatedly … he refused to go to school," Johnson wrote in an email to ABC News. "The reason I did not walk with him is that I was already late for work."

abcnews.go.com...

ABC News’ Katti Gray reports:

Police responded to a call on Jan. 26 reporting that a boy was being pulled alongside a moving car by his belt, which was being held by the female driver, as it headed down a Woods Cross neighborhood street.

“She was going at a slow enough speed that the child was able to keep pace with the vehicle,” Woods Cross Police Chief Greg Butler said. A neighbor phoned his department about what the mother was doing.

No harm, no foul. Least she wasn't speeding.

edit on 8-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Brings back memories of when parents were parents...

...and kids knew it.

I miss the good old days...

Peace

edit on 8-2-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Wouldn't it have been quicker to put him in the car and drive him to school?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
These soccer mums on prozac are crazy, at least let him ride on the roof.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I don't see it as child abuse but it could have went really bad. If he fell he could have easily gotten ran over. Or the visual distraction of it could have caused and unneeded car accident.

I see what the parent was trying to do but I don't think it was a right way to go about it. Plus any little odd thing can get you a CPS call nowadays.

I remember my dad was driving me to school and I wouldn't get out the car to move a garbage can out of the middle of the road. So he told me to get out and walk. It was super cold and windy but I made it
I thought my hands were going to fall off.

I missed the bus so many times though, so I can sympathize with the kid.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The good old days when the veil was completely over the eyes of man? School is very different these days but most parents don't know half of what the board of education decides on. Its a damn shame knowing the students who excel in SCHOOL and make there way to the top of the ladder are being used to help the controlling factions of the west achieve their depopulation agenda. UN IMF ect. I tell you what though Schools do a good job of making a good paperwork force Tests Homework almost all paper work and no hands on learning. The things i see good paper workings are the ones that make sure we pay are damn unlawful taxes, and make good LEGAL writers writing new statutes regulations and bylaws to imprision us all. Schools contribute to our demise but thats not what all the current generations living on this planet who have grown to see anything but truth will ever realize.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Pretty simple answer too this one. Walk faster squirt, people have got things to do, money to make. As for mum, you wont do that again will you, if she gets the chance of course.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
i don't blame that kid for not wanting to go.

school is h*ll, they don't teach you anything useful and nobody cares.

the teachers aren't paid well enough and every school is overrun by low life bullies.

there is way too much homework and way to much testing but not enough learning and teaching about common sense and cool fun and useful things.

school used to be about learning but its a horrible place now, comparable to jail.

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER lol its a 4 chan meme

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I've read a few stories of how lazy buggers tie their dogs to cars and take them for walks. They hit the headlines when the stupid owner forgets the dog until someone waves them down to see the dog is worn away and there's nothing left but a bloody collar.

Dangerous thing to do and stupid mum. If your child doesn't want to go to school that badly then there's something wrong at school and if a proper investigation turns up nothing then whack his arse.

edit on 8-2-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

top topics

join