It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So depressed. Will never be able to shop at ebay ever again.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
UGH.. I helped try to make my dad (non computer guru, old man) an account with paypal, because he was so persistent in wanting to get an account. So, I do, I have paypal send him all his dang login information (Which he probably hasn't even figured out to activate it yet), but what does paypal do? Limits my account and it's non-negotiable. After over 10 years with them as a loyal customer, you would think I would have some type of say. So, unfair. If it is that much trouble then why can't close his account? It's not like I can gain access to his account. So, how is it linking to my account?

Hmm, can ebay have any other types of payments?

Bah, this royally sucks. Where am I going to find my awesome clothes now?

edit on 7-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
wow!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

First world problem right here

I do feel for you though, ebay is great for shopping, I'm currently looking at some new furniture, amazing stuff.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Sure just rub it in. I went to pay for my tables and it wouldn't let me.
Now, I have to moozy on down to Amazon. Least they still love me.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I've had trouble with paypal in the past, so I sign in as a "guest" and buy that way. Screw paypal, sometimes it is more of a pain that it's worth.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
I've had trouble with paypal in the past, so I sign in as a "guest" and buy that way. Screw paypal, sometimes it is more of a pain that it's worth.

Oh, I didn't know you can sign in as a guest. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Bah, just tried that and paypal refuses to send the payment. CC cannot be used. Rastards. Probably because it's on file with paypal.

Yuh, and if your account is on limited, it won't let you remove any of your banking information.
edit on 8-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

you need to contact ebay support or something! talk to a real person on the phone! tell them how hurt and disappointed you are, and ask nicely that they fix the issue.

edit:

go to ebay, and the top right hand corner there's "support"
edit on 8-2-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide

I do feel for you though, ebay is great for shopping, I'm currently looking at some new furniture, amazing stuff.

It's funny, there is an older man at my work, he was just complaining paypal is making him wait 21 days to give him his money. When someone complains about that, you really have to revel in the fact we live in a cozy reality here in the first world lol. People are cold and starving in the streets right here in America, nobody seems to care.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

you need to contact ebay support or something! talk to a real person on the phone! tell them how hurt and disappointed you are, and ask nicely that they fix the issue.

edit:

go to ebay, and the top right hand corner there's "support"
edit on 8-2-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

I went to paypal and contacted the support by phone, still waiting to hear back, but so far nothing yet, she said they'll do a re-evaluation.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

It's not like you were trying to circumvent their rules for any gain. You were trying to help your father figure out his account. You need to find a real person to talk to and let them know that restricting your account over something stupid like this is non-negotiable.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

hey OP!!

i have the greatest idea for you!

send them the link to this thread!

so they can see the conversation taking place and how worried you are!

maybe they will help you then!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Yeah, that's what I tried to explain to her. She said, she can ASK if they will do a reevaluation on the account. It's been 24 hrs, nothing yet.

I'm jonizing. I can't shop.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Sure people are freezing,
Children are hungry...

But the world sucks...
But I cant do a damned thing about it...
I'm not a betting man but I would bet that Manhater cant really save the world either...

So what does someone like Manhater or myself do to make things a lil better here in the US?
We stimulate the economy... in our ever so recession on the horizon troubled state...
it is people like Manhater and myself providing hope that it will be better one day...
One pair of jeans or pound of Kona coffee at a time... we stimulate the hell out of the economy

So while the rest of the world gets my prayers and positive vibes...

Ebay and Amazon will get our economically stimulating hard earned cash

Dont hate us, we're just that awesome

It sucks that your paypal account has been strangled and stiffed...
hopefully that will change...

Cos I dont know where you live...
but if its anything like my area...
you cant find anything worth a damn locally...

Hoping that it gets straitened out!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux

Originally posted by sir_slide

It's funny, there is an older man at my work, he was just complaining paypal is making him wait 21 days to give him his money. When someone complains about that, you really have to revel in the fact we live in a cozy reality here in the first world lol. People are cold and starving in the streets right here in America, nobody seems to care.

FYI, I always give to the homeless man down the street. Cash, food, clothes. Even tried to get him a tent. I'm such a bad person for worrying about myself and not others. You are right. Yuh, I even went as far as trying to find his family to get him off the streets. His kids don't care about him. It's truly sad. I would never do that to my dad.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

i have a soft spot for the homeless...
Hell it could be me in 20 years?

I also have a soft spot for the people holding the
"Will work for food" signs...
I've heard a lot of people say
"Dont give them money, they will just buy booze"

I've gave prolly 500 dollars all together to the sign holders...

I dont give a frack if they do buy booze... they stood there in the rain all day and earned it!!! lol

I've gave food, water and money to those in need...

How dare anyone judge Manhater for being bummed out over her paypal account...

condemning her cos people around the world are much worse off...

Grow up...

Its attitudes like that the push people away...

ATS we're a family... act like it

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Here... Here... I'll drink to that! \_/

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

-Cheers!

\_/

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I'm a little confused. Did they give a reason for limiting your account?

I don't see how setting up an account for your dad would affect your account. Was he trying to log into your account?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Something about someone linking to my account. Only way I can see that, is when I made my dads account that the ip signatures would be the same as my ip login. But, after he goes into his account the ip will change. I don't know what they mean by someone linking to my account. And it's not possible that he would be negative, because he hasn't signed in yet. And my account isn't negative. So, I'm baffled at the response they gave me. Then she wanted me to send a copy of my SS card. They have everything on me, Why would that make a difference?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join