It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So depressed. Will never be able to shop at ebay ever again.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Originally posted by EvolEric
How dare anyone judge Manhater for being bummed out over her paypal account...

With a username like Manhater how could anyone judge! Seems innapropriate to me but I didn't bring my gavel today!

condemning her cos people around the world are much worse off...

Condemning her? I was stating facts. I didn't blame her, I was responding to another users post. Are you arguing the fact we throw away enough food to feed thousands of people every day?

ATS we're a family... act like it

You mean like how you two ganged up on me with your posts right after one another condemning me? Nice family. It's people like you that tarnish the reputation of ATS.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

I never ganged up on you. Stop blowing it out of proportion.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Your best bet would be to get on the phone and talk to a real person at paypal. I've heard they are nice and patient and helpful.

My sis (who falls out with everyone) has had paypal problems a few times and has nothing but praise for the staff. ???? They must be good is all I can say. Usually she falls out with people then phones me ranting and swearing with he says/she says, and what she'd like to do to them.

You can't not shop on ebay, for god's sake woman, get your paypal sorted quick. Seen deal of the day?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
paypal are useless.

stopped me a long time ago.

I was charged by an item I didn't have the funds to pay for. I had tried, thinking I did, and no software was sent to me.

Paypay then went on to try to charge me over and over for something I had not received.

I told them over and over, I did not get the purchase, I will NOT pay for the item.

Since then, all of my accounts on Ebay are dead.

Useless liars and thieves they are.

Never again will I trust an online shonky service like paypal.

for $14 they canned me, for an Item I had no funds for, and for an Item I did not receive..

play their game as you want, they are thieves.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Every time I am dumb enough to use eBay I am either screwed by eBay, Paypal, a buyer or a seller. eBay is an evil monopoly. It is time for a competitor that is a neutral, ethical middle man. I REFUSE to engage with criminal companies including Google and Facebook. Anyways, high end thrift stores are better deals. You can actually see the quality, buy the item on the spot, and negotiate.

For the record, Paypal knew my mother's maiden name when I called them. I asked how the hell they had access to that information. The rep told me they have access to your credit report. I checked my credit report....so just how did they have access to that information??????

edit on 8-2-2012 by lostviking because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by lostviking

.so just how did they have access to that information??????

There are numerous threads on ATS about how they cross reference and link everything on the internet. Its a very interesting reading.

Internet privacy is a joke.

I used to work as a network administrator / IT guy for more than 10 years , with the right tools and access you can dig a phenomenal amount of information about anyone.

People give information about themself willingly on facebook, google related apps,dating sites, opinions pannel, blogs...list goes on forever...

Worste we give pieces of informations mostly everytime we use internet unaware of giving them.

My post is a good exemple of it.

I released some info about me " I used to work as a network administrator / IT guy for more than 10 years " just by replying to your post.

See my point...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Well I hope they fix it. I've had nothing but positive from ebay and paypal. Never had a problem until now. The waiting is killing me. Just seems like it is taking forever,.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Paypal were funded by a Bilderberg steering committee member ie Peter Theil find an alternative payment method if you can.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by trustnothing

lol...for eBay which she is saying is what she uses it so much for..there really is no other choice. It's PayPal or nothing often.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

If you set up your fathers account for him, then both your account and your fathers account will have the same IP address. At least initially. Until he actually logs into his. IDK if you used your email address to help him set it up to verify it, but I'm guessing you probably did. So they have your email address and IP address now tied to 2 accounts.

That's what I'm sure the issue is. So the system automatically shut you out of your first one. They usually only allow 2 accounts if one is a business account from the same person. At least that's how it used to be. That's why hopefully today you can get a real person and explain the situation to them. I know what it is like...I had to set things up for my parents years ago in the early 2000's when they were still alive because they were computer illiterate.

And there is no way you're the first person to have this happen to them this same way either. I know....it might take a little time....I'm all about instant gratification too, but hopefully a real person will understand what happened, and let you back to full access to your own account. Although...they might have shut you out of your dad's though.

It can't be and IP address issue alone. Both my wife and I have our own PayPal accounts, and they obviously come from the same IP address. That's why I think it has to be the same e-mail attached to both too.

edit on 8-2-2012 by webpirate because: additional thoughts

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Just a warning about Paypal

They are not as bad as they were... but still... be careful!

Paypal was linked to my bank account and credit card before.... I made a purchase and they charged my bank account instead of the credit card.....

There was insufficient funds in my bank account (as I knew) but they tried over and over to process the transaction... over 20 times

I had to pay my bank 500 dollars in NSF fees because of Paypal's vicious attack on my account.

I phoned Paypal about this and they were completely unhelpful and useless.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
wow! Has anyone ever heard of a money order or a certified check from your local bank? The post office is still open folks and they are accepting new mail.

I'm sorry your paypal account is all messed up. But it doesn't seem so much paypal's fault if you're taking your business to Amazon.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
They've assumed you've set up a ghost account, doubt they'll do anything about it.
Just have to plod on till they change their minds.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire
wow! Has anyone ever heard of a money order or a certified check from your local bank? The post office is still open folks and they are accepting new mail.

Apparently you don't understand how eBay and PayPal work. They are now owned by the same company. The preferred, standard and almost exclusive method of payment for eBay now a days is PayPal. Her complaint is because of this PayPal issue she can't buy from eBay atm.

I'm sure she understands there are other ways of doing things. But in the real world of eBay and PayPal, there really is no other way to do things. Maybe her complaint seems petty. Maybe it is. But when you've been a loyal customer to both for 10 years and suddenly you're locked out of your payment methods...which is the only one most eBay sellers accept anymore....it is not only frustrating, but complicates life quite a bit if you have a certain way of doing things.

She likes eBay. She likes buying from eBay...but try to find a seller there who takes money orders, or a certified check. If any of them still actually do, they probably add an extra charge for doing so. I know some people like you and many others don't like it. And nothing against you...but today's world...most things are done online. Like I said in an earlier post...instant gratification. For the buyer, seller AND the middle men in this case...both eBay and Pal Pal.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

My account on paypal was limited when my account was hacked. I just called customer service and we worked it out.
Paypal is the best. Just stay calm, call them and do not give them any real info over the phone. I only had to confirm my last 4 digits of bank acct on file with them.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Just wanted to give a big thumbs up to the Paypal customer service people. Very helpful, polite and kind. I can be really...forceful when I think I am dealing with BS. Not here. They calmed me down and helped me.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

No, I used his email. I have no access to his paypal or email account. Only he does.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by litterbaux

I never ganged up on you. Stop blowing it out of proportion.

Stop blowing it out of proportion? LOL!
Sorry. I'm glad that Im not in a permanent facepalm.
You seem alright, so I wont mess with you too much.
I hope your problems are resolved.

lol

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
[more I strongely suggest "etsy", my wife sells mid-century modern stuff there on occasion. Just goggle etsy.com or just google etsy.
As far as paypal and ebay.
paypal is the only payment officially endorsed and accepted by ebay BUT here's something that you can try. Contact the seller of the prospective item and ask if they will accept a money order or personal check. If you contact the seller that does not violate ebay's policy. I have been selling (ad buying) on ebay for 5 years now and know the ins and outs. I will always say yes to money orders because I don't get dinged with a paypal fees. ( around 4-3%

Go find etsy, check it out and let me know what you think! I have a feeling you will like it and find some good "girly" stuff there. etsy has alot of handcrafted quality items, vintage clothes and artsy stuff.
lookup atomicmod and see if my wife has anything listed.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by danwolf

I have had horrible experiences with Paypal as well. I shipped a large item and UPS damaged part of it (probably dropping the package off the truck like I see in some youtube videos). Logged on and the buyer had filed a complaint. We agreed I would pay him $50 and everything seemed fine, but because a complaint was filed Paypal put a hold on the money, which I had already withdrawn, so they took $400 out of my bank account and put me in the negative. Then I had to wait 4 days to get my money back and I had to pay fees. Paypal sends and receives millions instantly but it takes them longer when its not for their benefit. Also the customer service is horrible, most of them are very hard to understand (broken English, talking fast) and they always hide behind the paypal system and how they cant alter anything even when they screw up. They could have put $400 into my paypal balance that same day and I could have withdrawn it and put it in my bank, but the lady told me it would be impossible.

That being said ebay rocks, rant over!
edit on 8-2-2012 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join