It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eerie clouds over Panama City Beach, Florida: Natural phenomena, weather manipulation, bad omen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The Huff Post published this article about a massive tidal-like formation of clouds right onto the buildings at Panama City Beach, Florida. Ain't no expert in atmospheric phenomena, so I'm not sure whether it's fog or an actual cloud formation.

A tidal wave of cotton filling? Some ghostly aerodynamics? A photo of mysterious cloud formations in Panama City Beach, Florida, has the weather world buzzing.
Pilot JR Hott of Panhandle Helicopters snapped the spectacular shot, which shows low-lying clouds streaming ominously over high-rise buildings standing sentinel against the Gulf of Mexico.
The retired Navy diver, who has owned Panhandle for three and a half years, said he had no idea when he snapped the photo it would demand worldwide attention from the likes of CNN.
"I took and I thought it was really cool, so I put it on Facebook," Hott said, attributing the phenomenon to orographic lift -- something usually seen with fog on mountains. "We see it a few times a year, and it can happen in a minute." According to the Weather Channel's Dr. Greg Forbes, it's just a matter of, well, weather.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 2/7/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

I've seen other videos of rolling clouds, but nothing in so low altitude. To be fair, those tidal-like clouds are literally in the ground and they look like a Tsunami hitting the area. Very weird and it looks like a bad omen to me.

Any chance of weather manipulation there??

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It looks as if the heat from the shore is causing the steam somehow. I don't know about weather manipulation but those are awesome pictures!

edit on 7-2-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I'm not sure what would cause it either, but I nearly had a heart attack when I first saw the pic, lol! I have a major fear of tsunamis and this looked like the mother of em all, at first glance! Was glad to see it isn't water!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

I don't like the voice tone of the TV anchors reporting that pic. There's a sinister mocking in their voice as if that image was a bad omen for a Tsunami and they knew it. Call me paranoid if you want to, but there's something in their voices and I don't like it.
edit on 2/7/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
A lot of weird clouds appearing everywhere around the world. I observed a weird cloud formation last year that looked like a mountain. You know it's a weird formation when you observe people standing outside their houses taking pictures of the cloud using their cell phones. Something definitely strange is going on in our atmosphere.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The only unnatural thing
about this are the condominiums.
The fog is being blocked by
that HUGE ROW of buildings.

The only place it has to go is up
and over.

With fog usually developing
when it is dark out, probably
just do not get to see it happening.

Amazing looking, but nothing nefarious..

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Picture please
Not everybody has YouTube access

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
obviously what they are saying is true a weather system cold air condensing as it blows over the hott land! buildings act as a barricade as it blows into land! pretty cool, what man made structures can interfere with nature

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye

I'm not sure what would cause it either, but I nearly had a heart attack when I first saw the pic, lol! I have a major fear of tsunamis and this looked like the mother of em all, at first glance! Was glad to see it isn't water!!!

It is water alright, only in the form of clouds

I bet a giant tsunami will look the same as violent churning of a very large and fast moving wall of water will generate insane amount of mist, almost like a peaceful cloud ahead of the wave, hiding a monster of immense violence, evil, and destructiveness behind it.

Japanese call especially large tsunamis as 'wave of cleansing' as a wave that big no one would survive it.. ..If you managed to be carried up the wave by the violent wall of air ahead the wave and completely avoided the frontal impact, you'll land somewhere behind the wave were violently turbulent waters and gigantic water vortices will tear you to pieces.

Even if you survive that, prepare to meet another giant wall of violently churning water as tsunamis never come singularly, they come in waveS!

We had evidence in fossil of marine creatures miserably disfigured by the unearthly violence this mighty force of nature brings.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I truly love a good conspiracy....However, I have linked a decent explanation of this cool looking cloud jazz.

Enjoy!

blogs.agu.org...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Check out those amazing pics!!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
My guess is that the hot side of the buildings are lifting the fog up and the other cooler sides are pulling the fog back down making it appear to look like waves.

Interesting picture none-the-less.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chefspicy
obviously what they are saying is true a weather system cold air condensing as it blows over the hott land! buildings act as a barricade as it blows into land! pretty cool, what man made structures can interfere with nature

I'm afraid you have it backwards. Cold air doesn't condense when it gets warmer. It's the other way around. It's warmer, moisture-laden air being blown over cooler land by an onshore breeze, causing the condensation since cold air can't carry as much water vapor as warmer air. It is a combination of advection and orographic fog.
The recent water temperature at Panama City is 63F or so. In the mornings, the inland air temp has been much cooler than that.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Unfortunately it's a sign of things to come.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

Whats coming from the fog?

I have fog in my area daily. When the conditions are right for fog, fog just may happen, its all about the dew point.

top topics

join