It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On a "List" at the DMV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I have been thinking about posting this story for awhile now, curious as to whether anyone else has ever heard anything similar.

Recently I turned 21 and was, obviously, excited to get my new driver's license. So I made the trek to the DMV, filled out the necessary paperwork, and walked up to the counter to get my new license. The guy at the desk punches in some info and begins to mutter something like: "hmmm...that is strange, never seen that before. Suspicious activity list...weird." He then spoke with a supervisor and she says something to the effect of: "Well can you bypass it? It may just be a glitch." He says that he is able to bypass it, I ask whats going on and he just reassures me that is probably just a fluke. I get my license just fine, in the end.

I have never been in any kind of trouble, though I am outspoken about some of my controversial beliefs. The only thing that I can think of as questionable would be things I read on the internet, conspiracy theories, etc.

Anyways, has anyone else ever had any problems like this?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
[removed unnecessary quote of entire opening post]

Im confused, what was the actual problem? That your on the list?

edit on 2/7/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by issaiah1332

i've been kicked off face book,and youtube for my "opinions" and slapped on the wris a few times by ats!
thats all i got!
what faith are you,and what race. as screwed up as this sounds,it might matter. patriot act and all.
no dissrespect intended friend.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Frankly, I think a bored civil servant was just messing with your head. If you were on any sort of list, you probably wouldn't be told, and it is unlikely he would have risked his job by "bypassing" it.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I know how you feel. All my post's keep getting deleted. And i don't know why.?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Alot of people are on "the list". The glitch was that they accidentally told you.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Yes this happens to me every time i go to the DMV its very frustrating. And they always have to call a supervisor to ok me.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Haites

I wonder what it is? I understand that it is possible to be a glitch, but I wonder what is the point of the prompt to begin with?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Frankly, I think a bored civil servant was just messing with your head. If you were on any sort of list, you probably wouldn't be told, and it is unlikely he would have risked his job by "bypassing" it.

No, he didn't even mean to mention it and only really did so under his breath; this was, at least, up until he got a supervisor.

Furthermore, it is unclear if he would lose his job. It may have been a glitch or just "heads up, this guy is suspicious" thing. My thoughts were that if it was a big deal he wouldn't have been able to bypass it at all and allow me to get my license...so I dont know.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
My son has a similar problem. It seems his name is on the 300 Spook Words list. He is flagged at the DMV, and it was very hard for him to open a bank account. When stopped by a cop, it takes twice as long to run his licence.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
About 20 years ago I went in and had to the standard test and new picture. Got it in the mail and noticed the wrong number on it. Went back in and they took it away and told me to come back with 3 pieces of ID with my picture on it???? Like where in the heck am I going to get that. I wanted a letter stating they made a mistake but nothing. Well my neighbor of many years was a state cop so I went to him and he started digging around to see what he could find. I pretty much disappeared from the records and now had an alias that was not even close to my real name. it finally took a lawyer and a judge with a little common sense to get it straightened out. Nothing the DMV does suprises me. But at least my record is completely clear of ANYTHING because of it.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
About 5 years ago the DMV started using a national data base. All DMV's now can cross reference other states DMV files to check a persons identity. Before this new system was put in place states like CA and NY were not connected in any way through the DMV.

Now if you have an unpaid ticket in NY it affects your license in CA. Which was not the case before. It's also much easier for someone else who has the same name as you to be involved in a case of mistaken identity.

Perhaps your name is flagged because of the actions of someone else in another state with your same name.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by issaiah1332
reply to post by Haites

I wonder what it is? I understand that it is possible to be a glitch, but I wonder what is the point of the prompt to begin with?

Have you ever investigated yourself as a victim of Indentity theft ? Most likely, you are on a suspicious activity list because someone has tried or succeeded in taking out a piece of ID, credit card, loan or other suspicious activity using your name or identification. Most likely, a supervisor is called to verify that you are who you say you are or that the photograph on record matches you before they allow you to take a new piece of ID with your information and photograph. I wouldn't get to nervous about " Being watched " more about your assets and credit. Probably a good idea to get your identity/credit scores checked out. Especially if you are like myself and don't have any loans or credit cards. Sadly we are the most likely victims not the Carly Credit Cards of the world.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I saw this on Facebook and I think it's sick. nothing funny about it at all. How do do that to your kid??

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thephillynut

Mad likes would make me very happy

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by thephillynut
I saw this on Facebook and I think it's sick. nothing funny about it at all. How do do that to your kid??

Umm what?
Me thinks you responded to the wrong thread.Anyway,as for the op,I've never heard of that happening.It seems like it could've just been a glitch in their system.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
That is just terrible, I am so sorry that you were placed in a position to be paranoid. What to do? we live in an ever changing world of confusing realities, some are darker than others and it seems that you breeched that line.

Stay focused on the light my friend and not the darkness that man so eagerly adapts to.

You will be alright, create the future you wish to be part of. Feel it in your heart and soul.

top topics

join